HighVail Systems Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Bradley Brodkin
  1. "Marketing"

Current Employee - Marketing in Toronto, ON

I have been working at HighVail Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

HighVail is one of the rare companies that I've worked for that are authentic and true to their values and commitment to their people. There is a culture here that puts the employees at the core of the business success and by virtue is respectful of people's time and appreciative of their contribution. It's a great time to work here as the company is morphing and growing which creates opportunities to work on new projects...

Cons

Working for a small company isn't for everyone. It lacks the structure and process of large organizations which, for some people, is more desirable.

HighVail Systems2019-05-02
  2. "A Great Place to Work"

I have been working at HighVail Systems full-time

Pros

The people here really care about one another. It is great to work at a place where I look forward to seeing my colleagues each day. Sunday nights aren't filled with dread and Monday mornings aren't a drag. I like working somewhere that I am happy to be.

Cons

Working at HighVail isn't for everyone. People who are used to working in large bureaucratic organizations might find it to be an adjustment to work in an environment like HighVail.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

HighVail Systems2019-02-05
  3. "Awesome Progressive Organization"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Toronto, ON

I have been working at HighVail Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Leadership truly values your opinion. A great family atmosphere. Excellent co-workers. The company makes significant investments in improving itself. Flex hours.

Cons

There are no cons to report.

Advice to Management

Continue what you’re doing!

HighVail Systems2018-11-13
  4. "Working at HighVail is Awesome!"

Former Employee - Tech Specialist, DevOps in Toronto, ON

I worked at HighVail Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work culture, with focus on excellence. No micromanagement. Remote work. Great benefits and bonuses. Company lunches and conferences.

Cons

No cons, HighVail generally was a great workplace for me.

HighVail Systems2018-07-26
  5. "Small but Impactful Firm"

I have been working at HighVail Systems

Pros

The company is focussed in the right areas in terms of skills and messaging around modern technologies and approaches of modern technologies.

Cons

Need more time in the day to keep up with the demand. As customers are in search for leadership as they digitally transform.

Advice to Management

Keep on the focussed track on modern technologies and simplifying the adoption of modern technologies to decrease time to market and increased efficiency.

HighVail Systems2017-06-26
  6. "Great Company, Great Bosses Great Environment"

I have been working at HighVail Systems

Pros

I have had an extremely pleasant experience here at HighVail. some of the reasons why are - Great work environment extremely friendly yet outgoing group that also enjoy events and outings outside the office. - very lenient work week 9-5 is adjusted as long as work is being completed) - not micro-managed the fact that you do not have someone breathing down your neck really gives you freedom and ease to get what...

Cons

- Compensation Compensation is at an average rate, that being said the better the company does the higher your bonus will be. - Follow through I believe there is a lack of follow through on some ideas. they may fall at the wayside due to prioritizing, this sometimes feels like there is a short term goal pushed above an idea that could be very beneficial long term.

Advice to Management

I believe we should have more follow up on progression and input on certain tasks. you should keep doing what you are doing and trusting that employees are striving to make HighVail a successful company.

HighVail Systems2015-09-09
  7. "Employee Rating"

I have been working at HighVail Systems full-time

Pros

- HighVail is well known and respected in the marketplace (by customers and business partners) - The company looks to bring on the necessary skill sets to complement the existing ones. This provides for an environment of continuous improvement and growth opportunities for the employee's. This brings on many opportunities for personal and professional development - A very family oriented business and workplace, with...

Cons

- A smaller business which often requires you to wear multiple hats. - Very driven and focussed founder/CEO, can sometimes be a little overwhelming - As a reseller, can often be at odds with the various partners while needing to also collaborate with them. - Not a "household name" like an IBM, Oracle, etc.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on slow but steady growth, recognizing the scale within which the company exists

HighVail Systems2015-09-09
  8. "Fun and Dynamic Company that is Growing!"

I have been working at HighVail Systems

Pros

Fast Paced work environment with huge upsides and rewards for contributions to the business. Fun place to work and play with some of the most skilled people in the industry. Very relaxed atmosphere, where you have the opportunity to grow and challenge yourself and move into the type of position you desire. Huge upside to move your career forward. Bradley and Krys want everyone to be successful and they ensure that...

Cons

It's a small company that I could see being a culture shock to someone from a process laden large organization but I found it to be refreshing. As long as you can embrace the change you'll love your time at HighVail

Advice to Management

I think their can always be(and this goes with every company I've worked for) more transparency regarding how and why decisions and objectives are made. Bradley does a wonderful job of sharing his thoughts in regular all hands meetings, but I believe their is room of improvement with the rest of the management team regarding their vision.

HighVail Systems2015-09-03
  9. "Come work with us :)"

Current Employee - Technical Systems Architect in Toronto, ON

I have been working at HighVail Systems

Pros

Work with smart, and motivated people in a diverse and flexible workplace where learning and mastering various technologies is a daily routine. Our local lab can satisfy anyone wishing to learn, try, test, implement different real world scenarios. We all work with and for our customers.

Cons

Working in a small team may seem scary for someone who comes from big company. But this is what is so rewarding. Easily identify knowledge gaps and work on it :)

Advice to Management

In the fast moving IT and technology sector it is sometimes hard to find the time to explain all the latest trends and directions to everyone. But some high level overview is needed as it eases fear from unknown and enables them to follow lengthy discussions at time.

HighVail Systems2015-09-03
  10. "IT Support Specialist"

Current Employee - IT Support Specialist in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at HighVail Systems for more than a year

Pros

Very profesional and organized company. Very positive environment and positive people with may years of experience that like helping each other. Opportunities for additional learning and knowledge expansion on different technology. Over all working at HighVail its like having you second family away from home.

Cons

If i have to say something bad about HighVail i will have to say the only bad part is once you start working for HighVail you never wan to leave.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Well structured management team with great ideas and great work ethic.

Found 13 reviews