What people are saying about Canadian Tire
Looking for Referrals to Canadian Tire, Red bull or Unilever in Toronto! I was laid off a couple of days ago and am looking for a new role in this difficult market. I would really appreciate some help in finding a new opportunity. I have 5 years of experience in CPG/market research and 2-3 years in project management as well. Saw a bunch a roles at these companies that could be a good fit!
Got a burning question about Canadian Tire? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Canadian Tire employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The people you'll work with are great and you have fun meeting a lot of different customers." (in 275 reviews)
- "Flexible hours and closes early" (in 184 reviews)
- "Great talent pool and culture" (in 132 reviews)
- "team are all good and benefits are good" (in 125 reviews)
- "The staff is friendly and show they care and you get alot of help if needed as well as lots of hands on" (in 120 reviews)
- "Low pay for entry level workers with no commitment to pay increases High turnover Unfriendly and outdated customer service policies" (in 260 reviews)
- "poor management and human resource" (in 222 reviews)
- "Bad manager very strict behaviour no friendliness" (in 125 reviews)
- "Low salary And project based" (in 117 reviews)
- "Minimum wage how can anyone support themselves with this and expect you to be fully available all the time to suit them." (in 63 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Canadian Tire and is not affected by filters.
- Ethnic Group
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 2,432 of over 4K reviews
Updated Sept 26, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Sept 21, 2023Coustomer ServiceFormer Employee, more than 1 yearWindsor, ON
Good people to work with management included, laidback work style but able to get work done when needed
Extensive knowledge on construction, tools, and houseware equipment expected for minimum wage
- 4.0Sept 25, 2023CashierFormer Employee, less than 1 yearMontreal, QC
Communication Dynamic Rebate for your purchases
If you work in customer service, just because of some policies comparing to the other retails stores in Canada, you will have more challenges with customers. But it is interesting if you do not like boring job.
Canadian Tire Reviews FAQs
Canadian Tire has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 4,356 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Canadian Tire to a friend and 63% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
73% of Canadian Tire employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Canadian Tire 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.