Canadian Tire Reviews

Found 2,256 of over 2,505 reviews

3.8
Canadian Tire Chief Executive Officer Greg Hicks
Greg Hicks
Pros
  • "Opportunity to move around and try different things, profit sharing, employee discount(in 117 reviews)

• "Good work life balance in the company(in 99 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Very demanding depending on the department for a minimum wage job(in 63 reviews)

• "need longer breaks for long hours(in 38 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Canadian Tire is the best place to work

Jul 28, 2021 - Front End Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is the best company and everyone in this place are very friendly. I would love to work there again

Cons

I dint find any cons in Canadian Tire in my last 3 years. I would say it was a very friendly environment to work

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Canadian Tire

Jul 28, 2021 - Automotive Service Technician in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Profit sharing/pension plan. Potential paycheck bonuses. Flexible hours for scheduling. Ability to transfer stores if need be. Always quite busy.

Cons

As per a lot of job there is some drama and politics involved, but with such young staff it is to be expected a times.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Culture and Benefits

Jul 21, 2021 - Senior Operations Manager in Calgary, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and compensation with a very flexible remote working setup. They have gone above and beyond to give people options that work for them and we have the flexibility to choose what level of in-office vs remote works best for ourselves and for our teams. They reward employees that work hard, support advanced education (through compensation and paid time to learn in many cases), and have a lot of internal opportunities to grow your career.

Cons

Retail doesn't always compensate as good as other industries for doing equal work, but the benefits of working with a great culture outweigh the minor differences in salary from other industries.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Severely Underpaid

Jul 29, 2021 - Marketing Promotional Planner
      Business Outlook

Pros

Like any company, sometimes you will have good or bad managers. In general there is a culture where the company wants to set you up for success in career. Lots of opportunities for career development, just difficult to move on as there can be some "soft rules" and red tape. If you are an exceptional employee then you will be rewarded.

Cons

The company seriously needs to review their compensation base salary. They are severely underpaying employees. The annual salary review is a slap in the face as it doesn't even cover inflation. Never hire backfills quickly which means employees are forced to work overtime with terrible pay. Executives get great bonuses while the workers get absolutely no benefit.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

OK Job.

Jul 26, 2021 - Sales Associate in Edmonton, AB
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. The store manager is considerate when you need flexible working hours. 2. The owners order free lunch for everyone once a month.

Cons

1. The supervisors are rude and do not care about your welfare. 2. Favoritism. They'd cut down on my hours whilst everyone on my team gets full hours. I'd constantly be scheduled to close all week during very bitter winter nights. I complained once and was told "take it or leave it" 3. No clearly written contract. 6 months on the job and I found out some folks get extra benefits. 4. Poor compensation.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Standard Corporate environment but not the worst

Jul 13, 2021 - Senior Data Developer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

> friendly, respectful and resourceful colleagues > living up to the big data reality and reporting needs > decent benefits and fair compensation given my situation (senior role though with only 1 year of experience)

Cons

> slow corporate environment, therefore slow to change > many chains of command and not total "red tapes", but "yellow tapes" (warning, probably won't get done) everywhere > people leaving is faster than people joining (during my time anyway), so burnout is fast and bound to happen

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great

Jul 31, 2021 - Sales Associate in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good hours and fair pay

Cons

Constant heavy lifting and boring

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company!

Jul 24, 2021 - Analytics Developer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- You get to work with a variety of teams and learn a lot. - You get a 2000 budget to spend on education each year.

Cons

- Decision making can get very bureaucratical - Tech systems arent the best at training new people coming in, you have to learn on the job

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Standard

Jul 27, 2021 - Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked in various departments while I was a student and they were always flexible with my schedule.

Cons

Low pay, and 1 performance review over a 4 year period.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

It’s good

Jul 24, 2021 - Online Orders
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a job and you get benefits and I would recommend this job to a family member or friend

Cons

I don’t have any cons for this job just be open minded keep your head up

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,256 Reviews