Cover image for CPCS

95% Recommend to a Friend
93% Approve of CEO

Found 64 of over 68 reviews

4.4
CPCS Managing Partners Marc-Andre Roy and Jean-Francois Arsenault (no image)
Marc-Andre Roy and Jean-Francois Arsenault

132 Comments

Consulting

413.9K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/consulting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=CPCS~594733
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Opportunities to contribute

May 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting projects and lots of opportunity to contribute

Cons

Competitive fast-paced environment so not for everyone.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Interesting Public work

Oct. 11, 2022 - Junior Consultant in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

WB and African Dev Bank are main clients

Cons

You need to like bidding processes because that will be the bulk of your work

3. Join the CPCS team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Experiences vary by team

Jul. 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office space. Congenial environment. Interesting topics. US is a more promising team than Canada because of its growth. One of the managing partners takes a lot of interest in people.

Cons

Rebranding is great. The firm lacks diversity at the top within certain teams. Good efforts to elevate company's profile but some presence on platforms such as glassdoor is artificial since reviews often show up within a few days of each other and employees are nudged. Experiences can vary at junior levels where there is no stock ownership making those perspectives more representative.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

First week experience

May 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

It combines the benefits of a large, well-structured and managed organization with the flexibility and warmth of a human sized company. The projects are very interesting.

Cons

Maybe if you don't like to work on various subject, consulting might not be for you.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good company

Apr. 27, 2022 - Principal Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, strong team, everyone pulls their weight, interesting projects, flexibility, growth trajectory.

Cons

Compensation is not that high, very average given employee skill levels

7. 4.0

Good Company

May 6, 2022 - Senior Consultant in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cool people to work with

Cons

Boring work sometimes can get monotonous

8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

People of colour have a very high turnover

Apr. 29, 2022 - Consultant in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

A few experts excel within their domains and are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

The turnover at the firm is really high and the culture of not collaborating feeds into it. All levels scuffle over billable hours. No brand recognition especially given there are more prestigious firms out there. The turnover of people of color is significantly high. Please stop creating adverse circumstances for employees you wish to kick out.

2 people found this review helpful

CPCS Response

Managing Partner

Thank you for sharing your perspective. I’m proud of the positive culture of feedback CPCS is cultivating and how diverse our workforce is by looking at our Team page: https://cpcs.ca/about/team/. I know CPCS can always do better, and I invite you to openly express your concerns to one of the members of our committee on diversity, equity and inclusion. They’re actively working all year long, in collaboration with a representative on our Board of Directors, at making CPCS a great place to work. I take this seriously and I’m sorry about your personal experience within our team. If you feel comfortable, please contact me directly so we can explore this together respectfully. We will also be running an internal survey to source other perspectives on the issue you have raised.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company!

Apr. 30, 2022 - Senior Consultant in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- I have the opportunity to work on interesting and impactful assignments - a truly global firm, you can work almost anywhere ! - a lot of great managers - mine has been very supportive and has helped me develop - I have been given a lot of responsibility and ownership over my work

Cons

- compensation, especially bonuses, is not quite as enticing as before - as a project manager work/life balance can be difficult in certain moments

10. 5.0

Good place to work

Mar. 23, 2022 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Diversity and inclusion - Great work environment - Interesting projects with lots of flexibility and opportunities to take initiative - Supportive management (Management is sensitive to employee feedback and doesn't throw employees under the bus) - Company wide recognition for good work

Cons

- Remuneration is not that good as compared to other companies - Not much interaction with other teams - No extra curricular activities (retreats, company events and that kind of thing) - Not that good benefits (they are okay but other companies provide better compensation and benefits) - Company wide recognition for good work, but it is not rewarded through extra cash/kind (excluding bonus)

1 person found this review helpful
  11. 5.0
    Current Employee

Happy to be getting back to the office

Mar. 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Strong team dynamic -Interesting projects -Lots of flexibility and opportunity to take initiative -High standards

Cons

-Work load varies. Sometimes, overtime is needed to deliver. -Not as much team interaction across divisions as I had expected

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 64 Reviews
</>Embed

CPCS Reviews FAQs

CPCS has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 68 reviews left anonymously by employees. 95% of employees would recommend working at CPCS to a friend and 96% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, CPCS employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at CPCS. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.

95% of CPCS employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated CPCS 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.