CPCS Interview Questions
Updated Jan 12, 2023
- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Personnel/Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labour & Manufacturing
- United States - All Cities
- - Massachusetts
- - Boston, MA, United States
- - Boston, MA
- - District of Columbia
- - Washington, DC , United States
- - Washington, DC
- Nigeria - All Cities
- - Federal Capital Territory
- - Abuja, Nigeria
- - Abuja, Federal Capital Territory
- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
- - London, United Kingdom
- - London, England
- India - All Cities
- - Delhi
- - New Delhi, India
- - New Delhi
- Canada - All Cities
- - Ontario
- - Ottawa, ON
- - Ottawa, ON
- - Toronto, ON
- - Toronto, ON
- - Quebec
- - Montreal, QC
- - Montreal, QC
- Cote d'Ivoire - All Cities
- - Lagunes
- - Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire
- - Abidjan
- All Candidates
- Received Offer Only
- Most Recent
- Oldest first
- Most Difficult
Interviews at CPCS
Interviews for Top Jobs at CPCS
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at CPCS
Multiple rounds Round 1 : HR fit interview Round 2 : Technical interview with operations Round 3 : Case studies and tests Round 4 : Fit interview with managing partner Interview process is quite long as it lasted between 3-4 months
- Describe past experience. How do you manage conflict ? What are the skills you intend to leverage if joining CPCS? Why are you interested in the infrastructure advisory ? Why specifically at CPCS ?
Anonymous Interview Candidate
I interviewed at CPCS
The interview process consisted of a written case study and presentation as well as a phone interview with two people to discuss my experience related to the role and working style.
- Motivation for the role, experience related to the role.
Got a burning question about CPCS? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with CPCS employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Anonymous Employee in New Delhi
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at CPCS (New Delhi) in Jun 2022
It was a pretty structured process. Consisting three rounds. First one was with the HRBP, which was more like get to know you and screening round, then a case study and the final one with the HR Panel. All of them were online.
- Behavioural and Situational questions followed with the questions related to skills and experiences. Ex- How do you find yourself suitable for this role. What motivates you. Reason behind job change etc.
I interviewed at CPCS
The first stage starts off with HR screening where they ask my motivation to apply for the company and other personal questions. The second stage is the case study exam where two questions were given and we need to logistically think and write on a particular format. The next steps were two more interviews from the members of my team who asked the specific questions on my CV as well as what to expect from my role.
- -why do you want to apply for CPCS? -relevant project examples to the company -why did you switch majors?
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at CPCS in Mar 2022
I heard about CPCS through a former colleague. I briefly chatted with a contact from the company. Through the process, I had the opportunity to interview with an HR member, and then consultants for a technical/workplace-discovery interview. The process was fast and I was encouraged to reach out and ask questions if I had any regarding anything that was discussed. I felt valued throughout the entire application process, and was very pleased that I was offered the position.
- What brings you to CPCS? (I applied from outside of Canada) Do you believe that the CPCS work environment and beliefs match with yours?
Anonymous Employee in London, England
I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at CPCS (London, England)
Very structured and efficient interview process. First stage is a HR call with typical motivation questions. Second stage is a case study which is related to the nature of work undertaken by the business units. Third Stage is a call with the senior management team covering a range of competency and case study based questions.
- - Case-study related questions - talk about a time you disagreed with someone at work - how would you approach learning a new software/analytical tool.
I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at CPCS
Mon interview a pris environ 6 semaines. En six semaine j'avais deja fait le tour entre la hiring HR, le prochain management, de probables collègues et même le managing Partner. A aucun moment je ne me suis senti discriminé. Mais chaque fois les entretiens etaient conduits avec respect et convivialité. Par contre la study case était quand même corsé.
- Parlez nous de vous, de vos motivations. Pourquoi CPCS...
Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CPCS (Toronto, ON) in Jul 2021
Friendly and efficient. The managers wanted to get to know me and what I did in the past. They asked me a few technical questions to make sure that I was not BS, but overall it was just friendly exchanges of ideas
- What is your previous experience? Tell me about a time when you had to solve a complicated issue Tell me about a time when you had to let someone go Tell me about a time you stuck your head for a client/colleague
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CPCS in May 2021
The process was efficient and friendly. It took about 5 weeks after submitting my application. Everyone I talked to was friendly and truly excited to hear about my background. There was a first round with the HR Director. Then I had a call with the Vice President of my division. Next there was a written case study exercise. Finally, I had another call with the Vice President and the Associate Vice President.
- Why are you interested in CPCS? Tell me about a time you ran into a problem at work and how you solved it. Tell me why you are passionate about transportation and infrastructure. How would you handle a situation with a difficult client? In your opinion, what is one of your biggest weaknesses.
Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at CPCS (Ottawa, ON) in Apr 2021
The process began with a brief phone call with a company recruiter to introduce the company, their strategy, their operating groups/divisions, and their compensation. This was followed by a written case study on several real world scenarios that a firm like CPCS would encounter. Following the case study, I was asked to prepare and deliver a short 15 minutes presentation for their VPs/Partners. I was then invited for a final call with one of their Managing Directors, which was more of a 'get to know you' call without any tough questions. The offer was presented verbally at the end of the final call.
- Tell us about yourself and how you can bring value to CPCS.