Bench Accounting Reviews

Found 319 of over 349 reviews

4.1
Bench Accounting CEO 	Ian Crosby
Ian Crosby
Pros
  • "coworkers value their jobs and are great people to work with(in 30 reviews)

• "There is also good flexibility to work from home or even work remote for small periods(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "It was a low paid Job and extremely busy during tax season(in 26 reviews)

• "Work long hours to make good money- but if you do, it’s there(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Accounting

Join the conversation on

Accounting

1y

a

Senior Associate

What are some unethical things you’ve done at work?

3,611

249 Comments

Accounting

96.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/accounting/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Bench Accounting~757668
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great people, solid product

Nov 16, 2021 - Sales Development Representative in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love the team I work with Product is great

Cons

Base pay could be higher

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to start your sales career!

Nov 15, 2021 - Account Executive in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun environment and great product

Cons

None - it's a great place to work

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome place to start your sales career

Nov 15, 2021 - Account Executive in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve just started my final week at Bench, so I wanted to share my experience with anyone considering joining. Before I started in Bench over two years ago, I had come to Canada on a two year work visa with the goal of starting a career in sales. In the 6 months I spent in Vancouver prior to joining Bench, I found it really difficult to find a job in a reputable company, with a clear vision for both its employees and the company - until I found Bench. I started as an SDR in November 2019 and loved it from the beginning. The training you receive in Bench is second to none, with in-depth product training, frequent sales training from incredible internal training instructors and the occasional industry-renowned sales coaching from people like David Priemer. I never thought I would be given the opportunity to learn so much in 2 years. The people on the team are what makes the place so special, though. You will feel genuinely cared for by your Team Lead - both professionally and personally. Although there is a healthy competition between sales reps (as there should be), you will feel supported and encouraged by your peers just as much as your managers - everyone wants the whole team to excel, not just one or two. Although I didn’t agree with every decision made in two years, I felt that my leaders always had my best interest at heart, and if in hindsight the wrong decision was made, they would always take accountability and be transparent about future decision making processes. It’s a fast growing startup in a competitive industry, so there will be lots of iteration - but that’s part of the fun. In case you’ve read the review saying there is a ‘hire and fire culture’ - I want to reassure you that this is truly not the case. Sure, there have been people who haven’t worked out at Bench - but when you’re hiring sales representatives who frequently have little to no sales background, it is inevitable that some won’t work out. Sales is tough, it’s not for everyone, but at Bench you’re given every possible resource needed and plenty of time to prove yourself. And if sales is the career for you, you can make great money at Bench with some hard work. In my two years at Bench, I have found a job that I am passionate about, met some incredible people and made so many friends, got promoted twice, and received Permanent Residency (with a lot of help from Bench). All of which I am incredibly grateful for. So, if you’re considering joining Bench to start a career in sales, or to further progress your sales career - I couldn’t recommend it highly enough.

Cons

Tax season can be tough. It is really busy and you can burn out if you work too much. You will never be expected to work more than your shift hours, but in tax season you can make a lot of money if you work a little more (just be mindful of working sustainably).

Bench Accounting Response

Senior Sales Manager

Hi - Ada here. Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience and feedback! This lights me up. I hear that you value how much you learned here at Bench in your two year journey from SDR to AE, and you felt deeply supported by the people you worked with. This echoes my experience at Bench. The incredible people we work with are why I have been here for 7 years and continue to love my work. This is a team that deeply cares about people - both the entrepreneurs we serve and the teammates we support. It is music to my ears that you felt this throughout your time here. I also appreciate you sharing your experience of Bench being transparent in decision making, owning and learning from our mistakes, and experimenting a ton. We change quickly and learn a lot along the way, and we strive to be default open throughout to give us all the information we need to learn and adapt and get better over time. As wonderful as positive feedback is, I also deeply appreciate you calling out the importance of choosing to work sustainably in tax season, and the importance of nurturing the incredible talent that we have at Bench. These are both priorities for the team particularly as we head into tax season. Thank you again for the feedback, and I wish you the very best moving forward in your new role! - Ada, Sales Director

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Bench is what you make of it.

Nov 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible roles, caring people and leaders.

Cons

As with many startups it can feel a little disjointed at times with not every department communicating well.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

company review

Nov 26, 2021 - Account Manager in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- good benefits - good work environment - work remotely

Cons

- lack of empathy for employees - lots of people come and go - employees underpaid

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great startup

Nov 8, 2021 - Accountant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent growth opportunities and a great place to work

Cons

Can be overwhelming at first

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Loved Bench!

Nov 22, 2021 - Lead Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

I loved working at bench, and it genuinely had some of the best work culture I've ever worked in.

Cons

Career growth and progression was not abundant

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good

Nov 19, 2021 - Senior Accountant in Ottawa, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits for all current employees

Cons

Long hour work on a daily basis

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company!

Nov 1, 2021 - Accounting Associate in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everything about this company! -Great culture -Growth opportunities

Cons

- No cons! - Great company!

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Job for Fresh Grad

Nov 11, 2021 - Senior Accounting Associate in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

good culture, snacks, learning opportunities

Cons

low pay, long hours, lack of mgmt support

Viewing 1 - 10 of 319 Reviews