Bench Accounting Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Bench Accounting Interview Questions

Updated 8 May, 2018

2.3

Data Processor Interview

Interview

Phone call screening, in person interview with manager, another in person interview with a member of the team, and finally meeting the another operations manager. Seemed lengthy, but the interviews were conducted quickly.

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bench Accounting.

Interview

Was never interviewed, but knew one of the recruiters at Bench who passed along the job posting. She was communicative about the role, expectations, and who the role would be reporting to within the company.

Interview Questions

• Although I did not have a phone screen or interview, I had asked several questions to the recruiter via LinkedIn.   1 Answer

Growth Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bench Accounting (Vancouver, BC) in April-2018.

Interview

The interview process was professional and organized. The interviewer asked a lot of questions regarding past experience and how my previous company works. It was a little rushed towards the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about any analytical projects you've worked on?   Answer Question

Accounting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bench Accounting.

Interview

E-mailed me for an interview after a few days, and scheduled a phone interview the day after. Interviewer was very friendly, talked for about 10 minutes or so. Received an email a few days later telling that I will not be called in for an in-person interview. Pretty efficient process.

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bench Accounting.

Interview

I was qualified for the job, but they asked what TV shows I liked (it's not Rick and Morty) and they said I wasn't a good fit for the company. If you have any seniority, take a pass because it looks like HR is just practicing age discrimination to keep salaries down.

Interview Questions

• What is my favorite TV show.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bench Accounting (Vancouver, BC) in February-2018.

Interview

Written application on why I applied to the position and how I would handle certain situations. The recruiter replied in a few days and scheduled a 15 min phone interview. I was then brought to the office for a 30min in person interview with the sales managers.

Interview Questions

• What is something that would be easy for you going in to this position and what is something challenging?   Answer Question

7 Mar, 2018 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for the comments!

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bench Accounting (Vancouver, BC) in January-2018.

Interview

Had a quick call to get to know me, projects I've worked on and what I was interested in working on in my free time. Very friendly and great talk, unfortunately the timing of the position and my availability did not work out.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a front end developer (not the field i studied in school)   Answer Question

7 Mar, 2018 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience, hopefully the timing works out down the road!

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bench Accounting in January-2018.

Interview

There were 3 steps to the interview process. The first was a phone interview, then there was an in person interview, and lastly an assignment to complete. It was all very easy and clear.

Interview Questions

• In a situation where you made a mistake, what did you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bench Accounting.

Interview

I applied online for Bench Accounting because I had heard many great things about the company from classmates. When I submitted my application online, they requested to schedule a phone interview in the upcoming days. The phone interview was a pleasant conversation and the caller demonstrated passion for the company. She was very helpful in answering any inquiries that I had and was very thorough in here explanations. After the phone interview, I was scheduled to go into the head office (very nice office) in a couple day, to have a face to face interview with a team-leader. Once again this interview was a great experience because they were very receptive towards my answers. Instead of typical interviews, where questions would be fired out constantly, they would comment on my answer and build on it. After the interview, they said they would contact me in the next couple days on the next step. 3 days later, I was given a written assignment to do. This assignment took me 6 hours to complete. The assignment was not difficult, but required a lot of thought. Once they received my assignment, and reviewed it, they contacted me to inform me that they would like to extend me an offer.

Overall, it was a great experience and they were very on top of things. For previous jobs, I had experiences where interview processes would take weeks just to get back to me, which was very frustrating. At Bench they were efficient and clear on what to expect for the next steps.

Interview Questions

Bench Accounting Response

28 Nov, 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for the positive review on our interview process! We strive to make sure that all candidates have a great experience, whether successful or not, and reviews like this only push us to be... More

Entry Level Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bench Accounting (Vancouver, BC) in December-2017.

Interview

Interview process was very quick and casual. 10-min phone interview with standard behavioural questions asking why you are attracted to the role and what you can bring to the company. Applied online and received an email requesting a phone interview the next day: extremely quick process.

Interview Questions

• "Why are you interested in this position?"
      "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"
      "What experience do you have dealing with conflict? What were the results?"   Answer Question

7 Mar, 2018 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your comments and interest in Bench!