Bench Accounting Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Bench Accounting Interview Questions

Updated 18 Jun, 2017

2.3

Junior Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bench Accounting.

Interview

The recruiter missed our scheduled call time. I tried getting in touch during the time we were supposed to have our phone interview, but could not get ahold of the recruiter. Poor candidate experience, especially for someone in HR. After re-scheduling, I did have the phone interview, and it was fine, basic questions regarding prior experience, why I wanted to work at Bench.

Accounting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bench Accounting.

Interview

The interview process at Bench was quite relaxed, yet still professional. They say to dress casually in what makes you comfortable; my best advice is to dress well but not overdress. They ask many behaviour interview questions and are looking for a fit over accounting acumen. One thing that is kind of annoying is that when they ask your question, all three people are typing away any of your responses but it can be so loud at times and distracting that you forget where you were going on your response.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to deal with a a non-contributing team member and how did you rectify the situation.   Answer Question

Accounting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bench Accounting.

Interview

Had a phone interview. Submitted an online application and got an email to set up a phone interview. Experience was fine. Interviewer was nice but lacked professionalism.

Typing more to meet the 50 word minimum requirement so that I can submit the review. one two three four five six seven eight nine ten.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bench Accounting (Vancouver, BC) in April-2017.

Interview

Phone interview done by what sounded like a 16 year old girl. Easy questions, but interviewer's enthusiasm made me feel like I was a shoe-in. Set me up for disappointment when no offer was made.

Business Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bench Accounting (Vancouver, BC) in April-2017.

Interview

I submitted my application online and the next day I was contacted for to schedule a phone interview. The initial phone interview of all the interviews I have had this felt the most conversational and instantly made me feel at ease. The phone interview was basically asking about how I would perform the tasks outlined in the job description. There were no surprise or unusual questions. The next week after the interview I was notified that they would not be proceeding with my application.

Interview Questions

• How would you prospect new partners?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bench Accounting (Vancouver, BC) in March-2017.

Interview

Applied online through their website, got an email to schedule a phone interview a few days later. Had a short 15 minute phone interview. Interviewer was a little stiff, clearly reading pre-prepared statements for some of it, and it was easier when she was off-script. They followed up by the end of the week with their decision.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a time when you had too much to do? Why did you apply to us? Describe a time when you were able to provide good customer service.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bench Accounting (Vancouver, BC) in March-2017.

Interview

Very straightforward and generic interview process. Applied and was contacted by email a few days later. Phone interview lasted about an hour, asked simple questions like explain a time you dealt with conflict and how you resolved it? In person interview was a bit more detailed and consisted of a panel asking behavioural questions, They didnt ask me anything that wouldve highlighted my qualifications for the job though (which I found odd).

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you dealt with conflict and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bench Accounting (Vancouver, BC) in February-2017.

Interview

Online application then quick phone interview. Came in for a face to face interview with a manager and one of the HR team members. Lastly, a take home assignment was given with 24 hours to complete.

Interview Questions

• What did you in a situation where it was not going to plan?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bench Accounting (Vancouver, BC).

Interview

Bench recruiter reached out on LinkedIn because i was a strong technical fit, had a good call and set up convo with cto. That went very well, very knowledgeable and interesting guy. Then an assignment which was formatting api responses, they said it was excellent.

Last stage was interview with 3 engineers who called it a 'hang out' and an experimental new interview step (no instructions/expectations given). They seemed more eager to discuss game of thrones than my experience and technical interests (so i assumed it was a culture fit interview).

Next day I got the most generic rejection email saying i didn't have the necessary technical skills. After corresponding, the CTO indicated it had been mishandled and offered to bring me back for an interview a month later.

Waste of time. Would not recommend, taking amazon offer.

Interview Questions

• Highlight your understanding of ES6 features and implementation of classes   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bench Accounting (Vancouver, BC) in November-2016.

Interview

-Had an initial phonecall. It was informative. Asked a couple questions. The interviewer was nice. It lasted about 10 minutes. Thought it would be longer but what can you do. Asked a total of about 5 questions then told me about the company. I think it was overall a good process

Interview Questions

• Asked about customer experience   1 Answer