American Income Life Reviews

Updated Aug 3, 2020

3.8
American Income Life Chief Executive Officer, AIL Agency Division Steven K. Greer
Steven K. Greer
Pros
  • "Most importantly (for me)the ability to make a LOT of money(in 101 reviews)

• "This company works on an Opportunity Unlimited Philosophy and that truly means unlimited(in 90 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours which can be difficult and young staff which can also be difficult for older applicants(in 263 reviews)

• "100% commission based pay so that makes it difficult(in 110 reviews)

1. "good company"

Current Employee - Agent

I have been working at American Income Life full-time

Pros

great team environment , fun staff, great managers

Cons

commision is always difficult at times

2. "help with sales"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Edmonton, AB

I worked at American Income Life full-time for more than a year

Pros

very very good base pay

Cons

very very hard to get to the top

3. "Opportunity Unlimited"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at American Income Life full-time

Pros

You are on you own; but expect full support from your managers...super responsive The growth opportunity is real, if you are willing to put the work

Cons

First year is hard; especially if you don’t have sales experience...but after that clicking point, you are already know enough to be successful.

July 13, 2020HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback and for your hard work and dedication to AIL. We're glad you're enjoying the supportive culture, residual income, and the opportunity to make a very generous living while offering a valuable service to the working families. This career can be tough in the beginning but with a persistent work ethic, it can be extremely rewarding. Best wishes to a long future of success at AIL.

4. COVID-19

"Not bad"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Moncton, NB

I have been working at American Income Life full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of money and make your own schedule, with covid you can now work remotely from laptop

Cons

Not very easy work, products aren't most competitive and leads are scarce

June 10, 2020HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We appreciate your input on what we can improve on because this will help us improve our agents' path to success. Best wishes to a successful and fulfilling future ahead with AIL.

5. "Good"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at American Income Life full-time

Pros

Good pay for sure though

Cons

Might be a pyramid scheme (I’m making this review to see the other one)

June 12, 2020HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We're happy to have you on our team and appreciate your contributions to AIL and our mission of helping provide financial protection to our customers. Best wishes for a successful and productive future with us!

6. "Incredible Training"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in London, ON

I have been working at American Income Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

Constant support and ongoing training. Leads are provided! Great commissions. I've been in sales over 40 years and have never been compensated as well as now.

Cons

Want to work 24/7 as the commission are incredible!

Continue reading

June 12, 2020HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback and for your service to our AIL team and customers! We love hearing that you're benefiting from our thorough training, provided leads, and incredible income we offer through hard work and dedication. Thank you for all you do and best wishes for many years of career and personal success with AIL.

7. "Love what I do!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Halifax, NS

I have been working at American Income Life full-time

Pros

You get out of this what you put into this. I have been with this company for almost 7 years now and it's been the best career move I have made.

Cons

You have to work hard

June 10, 2020HR Manager

Thank you for your review of AIL. We're glad you continue to enjoy the incredible income that this position can create with hard work and determination. We love hearing about our agents' success in this rewarding career. We appreciate your years of service to our AIL team and customers and we wish you all the best in the future.

8. "Opportunity Unlimited"

Current Employee - General Manager in Halifax, NS

I have been working at American Income Life full-time for more than a year

Pros

What i like about SK AIL is the growth mindset within the organization. Also, when it comes to income there is no cap to it.

Cons

There are none that i can think off.

June 10, 2020HR Manager

Thank you for your review of the AIL agent position. We enjoy hearing about our agents' career success and personal growth and we thank you for your hard work and sacrifice to make that happen. Wishing you continued success in the future.

9. "Great Opportunities abound"

Current Employee - Supervising Agent in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at American Income Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

Clearly stated expectations, great training and support programs, family atmosphere, group progression mentality

Cons

Starting your career can be somewhat daunting, but putting in the effort early will lead to great success

April 30, 2020HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback and for your hard work and dedication to AIL. We're glad you're enjoying the thorough training and supportive work environment we encourage. In this rewarding career, you do typically get out of it what you put in. Best wishes to many years of success with AIL.

"Terrible"

1.0
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Oakville, ON

I have been working at American Income Life part-time for less than a year

Pros

I found no pros nothing at all

Cons

Liars did not tell us about the license. Just keep on telling you to take training but you don’t now when you will start working

Continue reading

May 18, 2020HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your role in our team's continued growth and success during your time at AIL. We’re very sorry the agent position isn't currently meeting your expectations and invite you to send us more agency details to AILfeedback@ailife.com so that we can look into your situation and improve our agents' path to success. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Found 2599 reviews