American Income Life Reviews

Updated May 7, 2021

3.7
American Income Life Chief Executive Officer, AIL Agency Division Steven K. Greer
Steven K. Greer
Pros
  • "you will make a lot of money if you put in the work(in 107 reviews)

• "This company works on an Opportunity Unlimited Philosophy and that truly means unlimited(in 99 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours if trying to be in management but well worth it if you want to retire in 10 years(in 279 reviews)

• "There are no cons other than the 100% commission maybe, however this can also be a pro as the structure is impressive(in 123 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Fulfilling Career Protecting Families and the Community"

Current Employee - Licensed Life Insurance Agent in Oakville, ON

I have been working at American Income Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

An amazing job opportunity to protect families and grow and develop personally and professionally. This job gives the security of having a great support system and is pandemic proof. Flexible work schedule, provided leads, leadership opportunities and awesome pay structure.

Cons

No Cons - this opportunity is for hard working individuals who want to succeed and grow in their career.

2. "Enjoying new career"

Current Employee - Benefits Specialist in Edmonton, AB

I have been working at American Income Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team and work culture. Very high earning potential. Some weeks and months have been amazing. Feel like you’re helping people and know that they’ll be covered when their families need it. Lots of learning and mentorship. Company gives you leads. Get to work from home. Lots of training and resources. Even people who can’t medically qualify or afford coverage can get resources like child safe ID kits and last will and testament kits. I feel inspired and connected to the team and company. I’ve worked in some toxic work places and this place is different. You get pushed to grow.

Cons

Peaks and valleys of commissioned sales. Easy to feel inadequate if you’re not a top producer or if it takes a while to figure things out.

March 22, 2021HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback and for your hard work and dedication to AIL. We're glad you're enjoying the supportive culture, and the opportunity to make a very generous living while offering valuable financial protection to working families. This career can be tough in the beginning but with a persistent work ethic, it can be extremely rewarding. Best wishes to a long future of success at AIL.

3. "Excellent place to build a long term career (BP Agencies, Oakville )"

Current Employee - Supervising Agent in Oakville, ON

I have been working at American Income Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, Growth opportunities, no cold calling, leads provided by the company, complete training offered. Got my promotion to management team in 3 months. Earnings between $4,000 to $6,000 in the first six months if you put the required effort.

Cons

There are no cons. the work needs hard work and patience.

April 8, 2021HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback and for your contributions to our AIL team’s success! We're glad you're enjoying the schedule flexibility, professional growth opportunities, and income potential we offer with a strong work ethic. Best wishes for a long and successful career with AIL.

4. "AIL Review"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent

I have been working at American Income Life part-time

Pros

Great mentors, work from home opportunity, scripted so just memorize

Cons

Like any business you need to invest time before you see any reward

April 20, 2021HR Manager

5. "Best career EVER!"

Current Employee - Life and Living Benefits Advisor in Oakville, ON

I have been working at American Income Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is by far the best career ever. I look forward to every day working as opposed to dreading it. I enjoy what I do, and the people I work with. The mentoring here is second to none, and every one in management up to the CEO have done my job and always have excellent guidance to offer.

Cons

There really isn't any down side

"A legitimate company that helps protect working families"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at American Income Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

Set your own schedule, good pay if you put in the work, work from anywhere, great mentors, positive team environment, great bonuses, good work benefits, opportunity to help working families get proper coverage. There is alot of talk about AIL being a multi level marketing company. This stems from the fact that you can start your own team of people that you mentor while you still have your own mentor. So in fact there are 3 levels to the "pyramid", not quite enough to qualify as a MLM company. Honestly you need to have mentors in this company. They help make sure you are following proper protocols, are providing correct information to the clients. They also help you stay on track and motivated, which is much needed especially when you are in control of your own schedule.

Cons

It is definitely not for everyone. Seeing as you make your own schedule you do need to be self disciplined. It is a customer service job, so you will encounter difficult clients. You will have clients that are very appreciative of the service you have provided but you will have other's that are unappreciative, disrespectful or will no show you for appointments and waste your time. You need to be very patient, motivated, organized and self disciplined to succeed at this business. Otherwise you risk wasting your time and making nothing.

7. "Good"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at American Income Life full-time

Pros

fun, potential to make money

Cons

lack of professionalism and control

April 12, 2021HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. As you know, AIL strives to provide our agents with a positive work environment and the opportunity for continued growth and development. With a strong work ethic, this career can lead to an abundance of personal and financial success. Thank you for being an integral part of our team's mission to provide financial protection to families in our community. Best wishes to even more success with AIL.

8. "Excellent Opportunity"

Current Employee - Life and Living Benefits Advisor in Oakville, ON

I have been working at American Income Life full-time

Pros

The sky is the limit, it is up to you. The management here at BP Agencies have all done this job and offer guidance and advice that is second to none.

Cons

I can't really think of any

9. "Best Job I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Licensed Sales Agent in Surrey, BC

I have been working at American Income Life full-time for less than a year

Pros

Make your own schedule, opportunity unlimited, financial freedom, great co-workers

Cons

You only get paid if you work. ;)

March 16, 2021HR Manager

10. "Fine"

Current Employee - Isurance Agent in Peterborough, ON

I have been working at American Income Life full-time

Pros

Have the opportunity to make a lot of money

Cons

Can also make no money

March 30, 2021HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We're happy to have you on our team and appreciate your contributions to AIL and our mission of helping provide financial protection to our customers. We wish you a successful future ahead with us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,992 Reviews