Achievers Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Oct 5, 2019

4.0
Achievers CEO Jeff Cates
Jeff Cates
Pros
  • "Team work is a lot more fun with team of great people here(in 19 reviews)

• "Great culture with lots of social activities, clubs and free food(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "Toronto location getting tight for space(in 11 reviews)

• "Some have moved on to more prestigious roles within our parent company(in 9 reviews)

1. "Amazing transparent culture, expanding globally, and inspiring mission."

I have been working at Achievers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love the mission, focus on culture, and delivering for customers. Great leadership. The new CEO has been bringing in top talent leaders. Very clear growth plan. Interesting work as we look to expand into new markets and go beyond recognition to solve other problems. Good work life balance and internal mobility. Customers really love us which is very motivating. Shareholders supportive of investing aggressively... to drive growth.

Cons

Fast paced with big goals so need to be OK with change. Some of the teams are spread out requiring work from home. Toronto location getting tight for space.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Keep the bar high on talent.

Achievers2019-10-05
  2. "Unbeatable Culture"

Former Employee - SDR in Toronto, ON

I worked at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Achievers is unlike any other company. Not only did working here help me evolve as a professional, but it enabled me to grow as a person. Achievers truly takes into account that you spend +40hrs a week within the workplace AND you should LOVE where you work and who you work with; the workplace culture certainly reflects that. If you're going above & beyond, you'll be recognized and rewarded so your impact on... the organization will not go unnoticed. If you're not happy with the way things are going, you're able to provide feedback on how your leader can improve. If you're active and/or want to be more active, Achievers offers the opportunity to workout as a group through initiatives like free & discounted Crossfit classes, soccer, and volleyball. Something missing? Rally a new team together. If you've always wanted to be more active in the community and/or want to expand skills outside of your role, get involved with Achievers CARES, where you can help organize and source volunteer opportunities, fundraisers, etc. Overall, Achievers is a great place to work, prioritizes work/life balance, and is full of extremely passionate and intelligent people.

Cons

There was some turmoil within the organization in early 2018, but with recent changes, Achievers seems to be heading in a clear and positive direction. Pay doesn't seem to be keeping up with the new average. Noisy Office/Lack of meeting rooms.

Achievers2019-10-01
  3. "So much fun!"

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing coworker and exciting growth opportunities

Cons

Noisy work environment. Office is getting dated.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting our amazing culture!

Achievers2019-09-18
  4. "This place is more than you can imagine- Totally Recommend!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

New leadership but totally showing their commitment to moving achievers to the next level, The culture here is amazing- the people are fantastic

Cons

we don't advertise why this is a great place to work

Advice to Management

invest in your branding....people need to see this

Achievers2019-09-02

"Great place to gain some experience"

Former Employee - Member Experience Coordinator

I worked at Achievers full-time

Pros

Great company culture, good people

Cons

Little promotion opportunities and competitive business

Achievers2019-06-14

"Amateur organization weak leadership"

Current Employee - Toronto Location in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Physical space, teams, nice people overall

Cons

Toronto based New President no leadership, lack of vision and ability to build cohesive team; creates instability; clear with where to go, not able to make it happen. Dysfunctional leadership, no guidance, unrealistic assessment of needs and people to do it.

Advice to Management

Try to be realistic and look closely at what you are creating. You are focused on expansion yet won’t have a team left to build it. Many are looking to get out. US - keep a close eye as it is not what it appears.

Achievers2019-07-01

"Nasty"

I worked at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young people, interesting activities, fast paced

Cons

Too political for a company of that size

Achievers2019-06-19

"Good culture, positive people and lots of opportunity for learning. Some significant issues in other areas however"

I have been working at Achievers full-time

Pros

-Really great people. Friendly, easy to get along with and always looking to help. This has been largely a constant in my time here. -The product and company have a very social and positive mission. This isn't just a product by corporations for corporations. The impact on the everyday user and their engagement is a genuine concern for those in product/client facing teams. This could be attractive for some... especially if you're not generally drawn towards very technical and obscure software. -In general teams are usually open to allowing you to learn and take on side projects for your development.

Cons

-Needs more competitive compensation. -Behind the positive outlook there is some undeniable tension between client facing and engineering sides of the company. Some favoritism. -The product needs some updating to current standards. New features are great but when the older ones are still not the most user friendly or look aesthetically outdated it's not a good look.

Achievers2019-05-04
  9. "Great company and culture!"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at Achievers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture and awesome management. Lots of opportunity to advance within the company. They are always looking to help with personal development.

Cons

Nothing I can think of!

Achievers2019-04-02

"Please consider the high margin of tech companies while thinking about compensation"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Achievers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing co-workers, awesome culture. If you are looking for boosting your experience in any direction, there is no limit: you will have full support from your manager.

Cons

The compensation is always a controversial aspect in Achievers. It can be way better than current situation, there are lots of places ready to pay more (I myself received two 30% higher offers from recruiters in the past 6 months, even though I was not looking for a job). Free drinks and bagel in the morning is some thing nowadays every mid-level tech company offers to it’s employees. By time goes, we only see the... benefits are going to vanish. Stock options are gone, discount on public transportation is no longer here, does the parent company only care about making benefit (while they admit we are even ahead of the plans)?!

Advice to Management

It’s not fair to look at “average market salary”. While you expect the best outcome (and we deliver this expectation even higher), you need to consider higher margin of market. It does not create a promising picture when you remove a benefit, and after a while return part of it and show off about it. Expanding team is great (probably more for the company owners, to grow their investment), but current people should... feel happy first.

Achievers2019-03-23