Achievers Reviews

Found 288 of over 313 reviews

4.4
Achievers CEO and President  Jeff Cates
Jeff Cates
Pros
  • "the people i worked with are all great people, friendly(in 22 reviews)

• "Such a great culture and vision(in 20 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some have moved on to more prestigious roles within our parent company(in 8 reviews)

• "As with any growing company, the only constant is change(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Inclusive, supportive, fabulous place to work

Jul 16, 2021 - IT Coordinator in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company cares about inclusion and providing a great work culture. As a person with chronic health issues like severe migraines, I can say that in this place you can be open and honest, knowing that your manager and team are there to support you. Even the interview process was a great experience. They provided a real-world problem similar to what I would be faced with in the position and asked me to speak to it with them and work through ideas collaboratively. It makes so much sense to use this strategy because I didn't feel disoriented by random non-sequiturs and it allowed me to see what it might be like to collaborate with my manager.

Cons

I can't say I've found any cons so far!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

They take good care of you

Apr 29, 2021 - Sales Development Representative in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- As an SDR they really pamper us. Always supportive/Not cut-throat at all, realistic targets, a fun and challenging sales process, plus invest a lot of money in sales tools that make the job very easy and efficient. - The managers are very very good and understanding. Yet they're fair and honest. - The AEs you work with are sometimes hit and miss depending on their willingness to work with you closely, but if you put in your fair share they will value you very much - Good company sales rep too with lots of good customer references

Cons

- The career development is not overly promising. They work hard to ensure it happens but it's still cyclical and spots aren't always open to move into, which can be frustrating. - The sales process can be long and grueling given the nature of selling to HR and the platform itself. So be prepared to be in it for the long haul - it does pay off though. - The platform and overall Rewards/Recognition market is becoming quite saturated with lots of fast movers and big names like Microsoft coming in. Achievers has slowed down a bit in terms of innovation and it's very unclear if Achievers will be in a position of success down the line. - The selling environment lately given COVID and WFH has been pretty dry. Using the phones, email, and social media can only do so much and has lost it's dynamic edge. Hopefully this changes when things open up.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company with growing pains

Apr 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Despite our revenue taking a bit of a hit, Achievers was relatively untouched by COVID (no furloughs or lay offs). Pay seems to be above average compared to many companies of our size. We have a few unique perks like flexible (unlimited) vacation, phone subsidies, generous rewards & recognition, top of the line tech stack, generous referral program, several ERGs, and good benefits from day one. It's also very easy to move around within the company which leaves room for lots of growth.

Cons

Many elements of our culture dropped off when we started to work from home, but I think this is typical. The company can be a bit slow to get rid of managers who aren't well liked, but they still seem to go on mass firing sprees for seemingly good employees each quarter which is a bit daunting. Aside from that, the C-suite is completely caucasian. We could use a MUCH more diverse leadership team. Achievers is rapidly growing, which is a good thing. But there are constant changes being made, and it's hard to keep up when communications aren't good.

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Achievers

Jun 14, 2021 - Implementation Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture! You will not find such an amazing culture like in Achievers. New ideas and process improvements are encouraged, product feedback is taken seriously. You will make friends for life here and gain very valuable work experience.

Cons

Leadership. Many managers from different departments don't care about their teams, extremely understaffed and employees can be very stressed and work till late at night. Many promotions happen frequently but they are unfair (manager's friend, the client's daughter. In a team of 7 people of which 6 were immigrants, the only white person got promoted - who had been there the shortest amount of time. Team leader got chosen because he expressed interest in the role, but wasn't qualified.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Mission based, innovative and fun

Apr 29, 2021 - Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture - very focused on the employee experience Takes employee feedback to heart and continues to evolve Investing in tech debt and advancing the platform Growing fast with strong global growth so creating new career opportunities Finding ways to give back to the community and make a difference beyond the core products and services. Really great customer satisfaction results. Proud to work for a company that focuses so much on delighting customers.

Cons

Continue to invest in sales growth to enable us to be able to invest further in solving new problems. Great to see the momentum on the Feedback tool. Learning how to sell new products is not easy. Keep the focus up here so we don't lose energy to become great. Fast paced... not the right fit if you aren't fully vested in the growing personally and with the business.

6. 5.0

They Walk The Walk And Talk The Talk

Apr 30, 2021 - Marketing Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are constant opportunities to engage with peers or senior leaders, even in today's remote environment. The internal "Aspire" platform shows recognitions and achievements, and the daily (quick) update meeting lets you know the corporate priorities. The company is very focused on rewarding and making it a great place to work for all.

Cons

Work-life balance is a struggle in any company, including Achievers as there are many priorities and projects in the queue. HOWEVER, the company is actively working to solve this issue by hiring more workers and providing additional days off as a thank you for the extra work hours being put in at night due to the pandemic. I would not let this be a deterrent for applying.

7. 5.0

Walks the walk, A+ company

Apr 30, 2021 - Product Marketing in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Culture - Cannot emphasize enough on the impact that has in the work you do! 2. Growth mindset - I am constantly encouraged to seek development opportunities and proudly have a growth mindset approach. 3. Positivity - We sell happiness, no wonder there's abundant positivity in the workplace. 4. Collaborative - I continue to be amazed by the help, collaboration, and professionalism my peers demonstrate.

Cons

1. If you are simply seeking a "cool" job that helps pay your bills, this is not the place for you. Come here to be excited about the work we do and bring your energy to the table! 2. Everybody is very approachable so if you are looking to be treated differently because of position, this may not be the place for you.

8. 1.0
      Current Employee

Meh!!

Jul 17, 2021 - Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are good. Lot of good people in the company. Senior Leadership Team, is good and transparent.

Cons

Like any company, if your team / team members are not good, all the company benifits won't be worth the penny. Literally have the worst team mates ever. Even if pulse survey (anonymous company wide survey) are anonymous, no point of it, as manager will know who wrote what based on language used in it.

9. 5.0

Incredible vision

Apr 30, 2021 - VP-Finance in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible senior leadership team with ambitious goals, incredible vision and active involvement which truly trickles down and across the entire organization. Truly a inclusive culture as well. CEO also practices what he preaches and connects with individuals (in 1:1s as well) throughout the organization to ensure that company and personal growth opportunities are aligned. A win-win for everyone.

Cons

There is no question that work-life balance can be challenging during a period of tremendous change, even if that change is positive. Especially since employees are so engaged in the work and the vision. The company is aware and actively looking for ways to address that while also staying keeping an eye on our goals.

10. 5.0

Great place to work

Apr 29, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall a very positive company. Everyone seems happy to be here. I haven't encountered anyone who genuinely hates their job or is unhappy. They use the product they sell internally so we recognize and reward all employees which is a great feeling to be part of.

Cons

They are hiring a lot of people lately and growing fast. It will be interesting to see how this hiring and growth will be handled and managed and how it will affect the company going forward.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 288 Reviews