Achievers Reviews

Updated May 12, 2021

4.3
Achievers CEO and President  Jeff Cates
Jeff Cates
Pros
  • "the people i worked with are all great people, friendly(in 22 reviews)

• "Such a great culture and vision(in 20 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some have moved on to more prestigious roles within our parent company(in 8 reviews)

• "As with any growing company, the only constant is change(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, great technology.

May 2, 2021 - Staff Software Developer in Zürich, Zürich
      Business Outlook

Pros

You'll have lots to do!

Cons

Lots of zoom meetings that you don't necessarily need to be in.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

They take good care of you

Apr 29, 2021 - Sales Development Representative in New Delhi
      Business Outlook

Pros

- As an SDR they really pamper us. Always supportive/Not cut-throat at all, realistic targets, a fun and challenging sales process, plus invest a lot of money in sales tools that make the job very easy and efficient. - The managers are very very good and understanding. Yet they're fair and honest. - The AEs you work with are sometimes hit and miss depending on their willingness to work with you closely, but if you put in your fair share they will value you very much - Good company sales rep too with lots of good customer references

Cons

- The career development is not overly promising. They work hard to ensure it happens but it's still cyclical and spots aren't always open to move into, which can be frustrating. - The sales process can be long and grueling given the nature of selling to HR and the platform itself. So be prepared to be in it for the long haul - it does pay off though. - The platform and overall Rewards/Recognition market is becoming quite saturated with lots of fast movers and big names like Microsoft coming in. Achievers has slowed down a bit in terms of innovation and it's very unclear if Achievers will be in a position of success down the line. - The selling environment lately given COVID and WFH has been pretty dry. Using the phones, email, and social media can only do so much and has lost it's dynamic edge. Hopefully this changes when things open up.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing company with growing pains

Apr 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Despite our revenue taking a bit of a hit, Achievers was relatively untouched by COVID (no furloughs or lay offs). Pay seems to be above average compared to many companies of our size. We have a few unique perks like flexible (unlimited) vacation, phone subsidies, generous rewards & recognition, top of the line tech stack, generous referral program, several ERGs, and good benefits from day one. It's also very easy to move around within the company which leaves room for lots of growth.

Cons

Many elements of our culture dropped off when we started to work from home, but I think this is typical. The company can be a bit slow to get rid of managers who aren't well liked, but they still seem to go on mass firing sprees for seemingly good employees each quarter which is a bit daunting. Aside from that, the C-suite is completely caucasian. We could use a MUCH more diverse leadership team. Achievers is rapidly growing, which is a good thing. But there are constant changes being made, and it's hard to keep up when communications aren't good.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Mission based, innovative and fun

Apr 29, 2021 - Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture - very focused on the employee experience Takes employee feedback to heart and continues to evolve Investing in tech debt and advancing the platform Growing fast with strong global growth so creating new career opportunities Finding ways to give back to the community and make a difference beyond the core products and services. Really great customer satisfaction results. Proud to work for a company that focuses so much on delighting customers.

Cons

Continue to invest in sales growth to enable us to be able to invest further in solving new problems. Great to see the momentum on the Feedback tool. Learning how to sell new products is not easy. Keep the focus up here so we don't lose energy to become great. Fast paced... not the right fit if you aren't fully vested in the growing personally and with the business.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Huge tech debt with ~good culture

Apr 29, 2021 - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is good. A lot of effort is made by HR to bring social things to us, while working from home during pandemic. Sometimes all the hard work, headache are just awarded in form of $5 points. But no performance bonuses.

Cons

Teams understaffed, which derails a lot of work, and bring pressure to deliver. Also some teams, need to have staff level position Also why is Achievers not hiring aggressively, and paying above market to grab those very good candidates? I see people who were offered $X and other companies snatching same individual for $20k more plus 10-20% bonuses. Team member just stop caring about work, and barely pass the just done mark. No one actively cares, about the performance or ways to help existing users, all we get is time to implement new features, what happens to old and pre-existing one? Some senior team members ignore any advice from you, just cause.... (Don't have words to say) No promotions timeline, only promotion I can think of is by changing companies. Managers should work with dev's and help them come up with goals, in order to achieve that next ladder.

6. 5.0

They Walk The Walk And Talk The Talk

Apr 30, 2021 - Marketing Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are constant opportunities to engage with peers or senior leaders, even in today's remote environment. The internal "Aspire" platform shows recognitions and achievements, and the daily (quick) update meeting lets you know the corporate priorities. The company is very focused on rewarding and making it a great place to work for all.

Cons

Work-life balance is a struggle in any company, including Achievers as there are many priorities and projects in the queue. HOWEVER, the company is actively working to solve this issue by hiring more workers and providing additional days off as a thank you for the extra work hours being put in at night due to the pandemic. I would not let this be a deterrent for applying.

7. 5.0

Walks the walk, A+ company

Apr 30, 2021 - Product Marketing in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Culture - Cannot emphasize enough on the impact that has in the work you do! 2. Growth mindset - I am constantly encouraged to seek development opportunities and proudly have a growth mindset approach. 3. Positivity - We sell happiness, no wonder there's abundant positivity in the workplace. 4. Collaborative - I continue to be amazed by the help, collaboration, and professionalism my peers demonstrate.

Cons

1. If you are simply seeking a "cool" job that helps pay your bills, this is not the place for you. Come here to be excited about the work we do and bring your energy to the table! 2. Everybody is very approachable so if you are looking to be treated differently because of position, this may not be the place for you.

8. 5.0

Incredible vision

Apr 30, 2021 - VP-Finance in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible senior leadership team with ambitious goals, incredible vision and active involvement which truly trickles down and across the entire organization. Truly a inclusive culture as well. CEO also practices what he preaches and connects with individuals (in 1:1s as well) throughout the organization to ensure that company and personal growth opportunities are aligned. A win-win for everyone.

Cons

There is no question that work-life balance can be challenging during a period of tremendous change, even if that change is positive. Especially since employees are so engaged in the work and the vision. The company is aware and actively looking for ways to address that while also staying keeping an eye on our goals.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Inspired and empowered by its culture

Apr 29, 2021 - Manager in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

-I've worked at organizations where 'culture' was only a buzzword -- not at Achievers. I'm continually impressed by the leadership's commitment to building a strong culture and practicing what they preach. Using the Achievers product internally is also cool and helps employees truly understand and buy into the company's mission. -The CEO Jeff Cates recently introduced "monthly development check-ins" across the company, which encourages employees to carve out time to chat about development goals with their managers. I really appreciate this initiative because it speaks to Achievers' commitment to personal and professional development.

Cons

Meeting heavy at times; however, leadership is implementing strategies to address this

10. 5.0

Great place to work

Apr 29, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall a very positive company. Everyone seems happy to be here. I haven't encountered anyone who genuinely hates their job or is unhappy. They use the product they sell internally so we recognize and reward all employees which is a great feeling to be part of.

Cons

They are hiring a lot of people lately and growing fast. It will be interesting to see how this hiring and growth will be handled and managed and how it will affect the company going forward.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 285 Reviews