West Elm Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

West Elm Interview Questions

Interviews at West Elm

2.3

Designer Interview

Interview

Spoke with the Design Manager and the Store Manager. They asked basic info and said that you have to commit to 2 weekend days (Friday, Saturday or Sunday). They show you around and let go over with you how if you get this job, you start out in sales before design.

Ecommerce Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at West Elm (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I was only told that I would be meeting with person, but upon arrival I was told that I would be meeting with three people. The first manager was friendly, but didn't ask many questions. The second person I met with was the opposite, not very welcoming, and wanted to cut to the chase. The senior manager was old-school and asked standard interview questions while looking at my resume. The only off-putting and racist part, was when he joked about the coronavirus after learning of my ethnic background, which did not leave a good impression after the interview had ended.

Interview Questions

• What interested you about the position?
      What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at West Elm (San Ramon, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Interview process was somewhat difficult but relatively it went pretty smooth. The process took 3 weeks, and it was somewhat difficult because management was always busy and took a while to call back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to face a difficult situation. What was the situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and what are your weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What is one good thing and what is one bad thing your former managers would say about you?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at West Elm (New York, NY (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

Has a phone interview with the recruiter. Seemed like a contractor rather than a full time employee of West Elm. Took them a long time to get back to me, seemed slightly unorganized.

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at West Elm (New York, NY (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick. I applied on a Thursday then heard back a few days later to come in for an in person. The day of the interview, I show up and was left waiting 45 minutes to meet with HR. I only left after another candidate who arrived 40 minutes into my wait was seen before me. Candidate experiences are very important and this was not a good look.

Associate Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at West Elm (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

1 interview, then weeks later offered the job. I was told that if they liked me I'd then have a FaceTime interview with a higher up but it never got to that point and I got the offer.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at West Elm.

Interview

The process was very simple. Telephonic interview followed by onsite interview for 2 hours. The process took 5 weeks and the feedback of my interview was positive. I thought I almost got the job but then HR stopped replying and after repeatedly emailing them I got a reject after 3 emails that someone else was picked over me. No feedback was given which is unfair. If someone invests 6 weeks of his time to interview, he should be given proper feedback. The HR is unprofessional and interviewing at West Elm was waste of time.

West Elm Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Interview

Cross-functional team members were generally very pleasant to meet with, but as employees have reviewed on here HR department and some leadership proved to be less than satisfactory. Not as communicative throughout long process like similarly sized companies and unauthentic interactions.

Reflects poorly on company culture and supports the negative employee reviews on Glassdoor and high amount of apparent employee turnover. Seems like management needs to relook at teams, as very junior heavy to their detriment. Benefits package could be a bit more competitive with market.

Digital Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at West Elm (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

The two women I interviewed with were very sweet and the interview lasted quite a long time which I thought meant I was doing well. But I did not receive an offer.

Merchandising Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at West Elm (Tulsa, OK (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

I arrived to a in person interview with Manager dressed in work out attire with bra straps showing. This was surprising. I do not believe my resume was reviewed before hand.

Interview Questions

• If I felt that I was was physically able to assemble and move furniture.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.