Tim Hortons Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Tim Hortons Interview Questions

Updated 22 Aug, 2017

1.9

Crew Member Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

Easy interview, quick and basic questions, and seemed pretty relaxed. The person interviewing me seemed a little un focused and not very professional as a manager though. But overall it was a typical interview for a chain like Tim Hortons.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Buffalo, NY (US)).

Interview

The process went smoothly, was asked basic questions about why I wanted to work at Tim Hortons and my availability. I was asked what skills have I learned in previous jobs that would transfer over to working at Tim Hortons

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springboro, OH (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Springboro, OH (US)).

Interview

It was an open interview. I just went in and said I was their for the open interviews. The lady had me sit in the dining area and asked me if I knew about the company and told me how they worked.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Park, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Brooklyn Park, MN (US)) in June-2017.

Interview

What a joke! I applied for a RM position, was told that those positions had been filled, but could interview for a Shift Manager position for $14/hr. At the interview, the person that interviewed me (pretty sure it was the District Manager) told me that there were no SM positions available, but they had Team Member positions for $11/hr available. Upon further job hunting (after declining any position they could offer before they got that far), I discovered that the day before I was told that all RM positions had been filled, they had posted on Craigslist. Also, 4 days after my interview in which I was told there were no SM positions available, they posted on CL that they were looking for Shift Managers at the very store I interviewed at! Talk about a lack of professionalism! I wouldn't want to work for a company that was that disorganized and inconsistent.

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Erlanger, KY (US)) in January-2017.

Interview

It was very quick and easy. They went down a paper and asked the questions that were required. The questions weren't very personal and we're pretty standard. It seemed like they were gauging how committed you are and if you were willing to do certain things. They hired me right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest thing you've ever done?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Rochester, NY (US)).

Interview

Phone interview with a down interview. Took place in one of their cafes. Regular by the book interview. They checked my references so being prepared helped. Whole process took two weeks.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zanesville, OH (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Zanesville, OH (US)).

Interview

Is was pretty easy. They mostly wanted to know your availability. And if you can handle more than one task at a time. How well do you handle stress. And is this your first time in fast food.

Morning Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Williamsville, NY (US)) in September-2016.

Interview

First interview was with the hiring manager. Asked me basic questions like "describe a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer" and asked a few questions on experience and see if I could work the hours. She pretty much showed I had the job.... She just needed to fill a spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went out of our way to help a customer   Answer Question

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (New York, NY (US)) in August-2016.

Interview

Interview was very quick, maybe less than 5 minutes. It was a lot of person questions and what I think of the company, no "strengths and weaknesses" questions. Pretty easy and laid back.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westland, MI (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Westland, MI (US)) in August-2016.

Interview

Sat down talked to the manger about basics of customer service and that was about it. Then from their he showed me the back area and where things happen. He showed me where he would like me to work and I ended up getting hired.

Interview Questions

• How do you greet a customer and make them feel welcome?   Answer Question