Tim Hortons Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Tim Hortons Interview Questions

Updated 18 Oct, 2017

1.9

Counter Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lackawanna, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Lackawanna, NY (US)).

Interview

They were very thorough. Wanted to know why yippy wanted to work for the company and asked you different questions about how you would react to different scenarios. They asked why you would enjoy working for this company and also how long you planned on working for them.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradford, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Bradford, PA (US)) in October-2017.

Interview

On the professional side they required me to do math and problem solving questions and needed a 14/15 to be considered for hire. Then I was required to lift something "heavy" to show proper technique.
    On the unprofessional side I made them aware that I am considering two jobs: one being hired with them and then a better paying job. They bribed me with free things and told me that they'll lower my pay at the other job when I transfer stores. Tried everything to get me to not work the other job.

Crew Member Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview

Easy interview, quick and basic questions, and seemed pretty relaxed. The person interviewing me seemed a little un focused and not very professional as a manager though. But overall it was a typical interview for a chain like Tim Hortons.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a new job?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Buffalo, NY (US)).

Interview

The process went smoothly, was asked basic questions about why I wanted to work at Tim Hortons and my availability. I was asked what skills have I learned in previous jobs that would transfer over to working at Tim Hortons

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springboro, OH (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Springboro, OH (US)).

Interview

It was an open interview. I just went in and said I was their for the open interviews. The lady had me sit in the dining area and asked me if I knew about the company and told me how they worked.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Park, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Brooklyn Park, MN (US)) in June-2017.

Interview

What a joke! I applied for a RM position, was told that those positions had been filled, but could interview for a Shift Manager position for $14/hr. At the interview, the person that interviewed me (pretty sure it was the District Manager) told me that there were no SM positions available, but they had Team Member positions for $11/hr available. Upon further job hunting (after declining any position they could offer before they got that far), I discovered that the day before I was told that all RM positions had been filled, they had posted on Craigslist. Also, 4 days after my interview in which I was told there were no SM positions available, they posted on CL that they were looking for Shift Managers at the very store I interviewed at! Talk about a lack of professionalism! I wouldn't want to work for a company that was that disorganized and inconsistent.

Crew Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Kalamazoo, MI (US)) in May-2017.

Interview

Short to the point one on one with the manager asked basic questions about prior job experience and school called back the next day to tell me my start date but hired on spot

Interview Questions

• Where did you go to high school   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coshocton, OH (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Coshocton, OH (US)) in April-2017.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 different people on two occasions. Simple questions about reliability and transportation. They did offer one simply math question that I had to answer. The first interviewer was not very friendly.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to make change using only my head   1 Answer

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Erlanger, KY (US)) in January-2017.

Interview

It was very quick and easy. They went down a paper and asked the questions that were required. The questions weren't very personal and we're pretty standard. It seemed like they were gauging how committed you are and if you were willing to do certain things. They hired me right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest thing you've ever done?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tim Hortons (Rochester, NY (US)).

Interview

Phone interview with a down interview. Took place in one of their cafes. Regular by the book interview. They checked my references so being prepared helped. Whole process took two weeks.