Teradici Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Teradici Interview Questions

Interviews at Teradici

Staff Engineer (Software) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teradici (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The hiring process was very fair and smooth.
    It was one of the best experiences i have had. The HR team was extremely responsive and cooperative.
    The interview questions were very fair and all the members were attentive.in all it was a very good experience.

Software Developer Coop Cloud Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teradici (Toronto, ON).

Interview

Onsite interview right away that focused primarily on going through my resume. Talked about past work experiences, projects and a few questions based on networking. Be prepared to explain how your projects work in detail and to draw system design diagrams.

Interview Questions

• Explain what happens when you type a HTTP URL into a webpage.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teradici (Burnaby, BC) in September 2019.

Interview

Straight forward behavioural type questions such as how to handle difficult situation. Some technical questions.
    I met with 5 different groups over a 3 hour period: Managers, peers, leads, HR, senior managers.

Software Developer Coop Interview

Interview

The interviewer asked a few questions about my past projects and a technical question about reversing a string. The past project question got technical. I was asked to interview at their office. Overall it was a good interview and everyone was super professional.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Teradici.

Interview

Overall the interview was positive and I quite enjoyed it. The whole process was split in three parts. The first one was a phone interview where I was asked some general and easy questions. It tool around 30 minutes. The second one was on-site with engineers and HR. There were some discussions and coding on board. Nothing weird and fancy. I spent in the office around three hours. The third one was a home task. Again nothing strange there. The goal was to check a person's ability to write and deliver clean code that other people can follow and maintain.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Teradici (Burnaby, BC) in January 2019.

Interview

I am contacted by recruiters on behalf of the company.
    1st round skype with a development manager, during which he asked ~30 tech oral quiz.
    2nd round onsite with DEs, team manager, director and HR. White boarding with the DEs, and situational questions with managers and HR.
    There is written assessment after that but i didn't progress.

Interview Questions

• How is -1 represented in int?   1 Answer
    • What is the keyword volatile in C++? constexpr?   Answer Question
    • Simple regular express questions.   Answer Question
    • Complete C++ functions to store log entries in memory and commit to file system. (function skeleton is given).   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Teradici (Vancouver, BC) in January 2019.

Interview

First there was a 30 min chat over Skype then I was invited for 3+ hour on site interview. I spoke with a usual set of people, first HR then some engineers, then management. I asked few questions that worried me most such as questions about the future of the company, about their technology and competition. Answers that I have received were inconsistent and in general they sounded like those are difficult questions for them to answer.

Interview Questions

• - Given an array of sorted numbers like [5,6,7,9,10] write a function that returns missing number in sequence - 8 in this case.
      - Provide a declaration of a C++ class or class template for a hash map. They refer to your own take on unordered_map.
      - Implement a function that implements ACK/NACK functionality for UDP-based messaging protocol.   Answer Question

Full-Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

Application

I interviewed at Teradici (Burnaby, BC) in January 2019.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews. Overall, it was a very positive experience. Everyone I talked to was professional, and the recruiter was quick to respond and kept me updated frequently.

1. Skype Screening
    A short 20-minute Skype interview. I talked with the hiring manager and was asked some questions about my experiences. They got back to me within the same day and invited me to move forward to the next round.

2. In-Person Interview
    This one was held at their Burnaby office. There were 4 rounds with different interviewers each round. It took about 3.5 hours in total. It was lengthy but I appreciated the short 5-minute breaks in between.

a. Talked with hiring manager and manager for the team that I was interviewing for. We talked more in-depth about my past experiences, and I was asked a few behavioural questions. This round took about 45 minutes.

b. Talked with 2 software developers. I was first asked detailed technical questions about my past projects, then worked through 4 logic/coding challenges on the white board. The interviewers were very helpful in guiding me to the answer whenever I got stuck. This round took about 45 minutes.

c. I was given a quick tour of their office, then chatted with HR about some behavioural questions and expectations. This round took about 30 minutes.

d. Chatted with VP of Product Development. I was asked a few behavioural questions, but overall it felt more like a causal conversation instead of an interview, which was a nice way to end my 4 rounds of back-to-back interviews. This round took about 30 minutes.

3. Take-Home Technical Assessment & References
    They got back to me the following day to move me forward to the next round. I was given a technical assessment related to the position I was applying for, and a couple of days to finish it. The exercise itself took me a few hours to complete.
    At the same time, they requested and contacted my references.

After I finished the take-home assessment, one of the developers who interviewed me called and gave me some helpful feedbacks regarding my solution.

They got back to me shortly after with a generous offer. However, another opportunity that suited my career goals more came up, and I had to regretfully decline their offer.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teradici (Vancouver, BC).

Interview

It was an in-person interview, with questions about hardware such as switches followed by behavioral and coding questions. It started with basic questions such as " what are your strengths and weaknesses?" and then went onto some basic networking questions and finally about command prompts, debugging and writing code on paper.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teradici (Vancouver, BC) in April 2017.

Interview

My interview was 3.5 hours and included six different team members. The interview itself was great, everyone was really professional and transparent which I thought was impressive given that 80 people just got laid off. The culture was bouncing back and people seemed to be having fun at work.

My qualm was the lack of follow up by HR.

After such an extensive last minute interview (for which I had to pay $7 parking ), NO ONE in HR followed up with me. After 6 days, I finally followed up with her, only to immediately receive an incredibly curt response that they've moved forward with someone else. She was clearly avoiding telling me which coincidentally, is kind of her entire job.

Not a big deal that I wasn't chosen, but for a company to take up that much of my time and then wait for me to hunt them down for follow up is inexcusable.

Interview Questions

Teradici Response

Apr. 28, 2017 – Teradici

Thanks for your feedback and we are happy to hear that the interview team you met with was great, very professional and transparent – this is certainly core to the Teradici culture! We take all interview candidates very seriously and take the time to review and discuss applicants in detail before making any decisions. Feedback like yours is very important to us as we are always striving to enhance our candidate experience.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.