Teradici Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Dan Cordingley

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work-life balance and flexible work schedules (technology enables working remotely with ease) (in 8 reviews)

• Flexible work hours, good work-life balance (in 3 reviews)

"Working at Teradici"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Teradici full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Collaborative team spirit in the organization.
    Industry leadership in the VDI industry
    Global, highly satisfied customer base.

Cons

Have yet to see any apart from the long Vancouver commute to/from the office.

Advice to Management

Well done. Keep it up !

Teradici Response

8 Apr, 2016 – Recruitment Specialist

Thanks for making our day and sharing your employment experience with us and your fellow Glassdoor users. We strive to make Teradici a great place to work, learn and grow. As for the commute issue... More

2. "Balanced work and life"

Former Employee - Staff Engineer in Burnaby, BC
    Former Employee - Staff Engineer in Burnaby, BC

I worked at Teradici full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly people to work with and very well balanced work and life.

Cons

- Projects are not well tracked so lots of contents had to be removed from the final deliverables.
    - No career development.

Advice to Management

More focused on key projects and get it delivered on time with a full content.

"Company in trouble"

I worked at Teradici full-time

Pros

Good people, interesting work. They go to great lengths to make it an enjoyable place to work. Everyone is respectful and collaborative.

Cons

Company is losing its footing. Just laid off half of the company. Shifting focus away from revenue generating activities to a plan that has never made money in the several years they have been trying. Morale is now very low across much of the business.

Advice to Management

Focus on what the company is good at and what generates revenue. The current focus is a really big gamble and has a very low chance of working.

"Potential but poorly managed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC

I have been working at Teradici full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Passion, commitment and work ethics of most employees
    - Bright and talented individuals
    - Work-life balance
    - Competitive compensation

Cons

- Lack of organizational direction
    - Length of service by most senior management team (been on the job for way too long)
    - Lack of advancement and professional development opportunities
    - Too many firings over the last couple of years
    - Two rounds of layoffs in two years with another one most likely on the way as there's no money left in the bank
    - No new investors; limited to no funds left in the bank
    - Low sales numbers
    - Board of directors inability to make decisive decisions

Advice to Management

- Unwillingness to listen to criticisms and feedback; CEO tends to fire those that disagree with his vision. CEO needs to listen more to the company's directors and middle management
    - A major shake up in the senior management team is overdue; a new CEO is needed

6. "Stimulating job with a healthy life work balance"

Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in Burnaby, BC

I have been working at Teradici full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Teradici is a great place to work. A healthy life work balance is encouraged, and competitive compensation and benefits are offered. I work with many talented people and get to experience genuine comradery and tackle interesting problems on a daily basis. The company has an active social committee and very compassionate and flexible HR policies.

Having previously worked in a satellite office I find it a benefit that the majority of employees are situated in one place. Transparency is practised across the company as a whole and employees are trusted with sensitive information up to and including the company’s balance sheet! Professional development is encouraged and the annual performance review process is reasonable.

Teradici offers an interesting product line and is unique in the marketplace with its zero client solution. The company has some top tier customers, but through the Teradici Pervasive Computing Platform is able to support consumers of any size. Teradici has an excellent reputation and a lot of potential for further growth.

Cons

Engineering is spread a little thin especially in regards to the quality assurance capabilities of the group. On occasion teams have been forced to incur technical debt in order to deliver features on time. Recent initiatives have started to address both these issues, but there is still a ways to go.

Historically there has been a bit of a silo mentality whereby teams do their own thing and don’t communicate well with one another. This issue is especially prevalent between the host and client groups, and unfortunately exacerbated as these teams are separated onto different floors.

Advice to Management

In general I’d say “keep up the good work”. I’ve seen positive changes over the last little while in regards to improving communication between groups. I believe the multi-day, engineering wide, release train planning sessions, although not the most fun events to attend, are proving beneficial. A bit more notice of all hands meetings would be good; it’s a little nerve wracking to be notified of a companywide meeting the week of. Finally I’d encourage management to keep pushing the envelope on the protocol to embrace emerging technologies sooner rather later.

7. "Nice environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC

I worked at Teradici (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice environment, small teams and many company-wise and team-wise events - usually with free food. Most of the employees are very skilled.

Cons

The two big teams - server and client - seem to be organized in two very different ways and not coordinate very well with each other.

Advice to Management

Better coordination between client and server teams is already being worked on. That will help unite the company and create an identity for the company.

"Challenging yet very rewarding and enjoyable"

Current Employee - Design Engineer II in Burnaby, BC
    Current Employee - Design Engineer II in Burnaby, BC

I have been working at Teradici full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I initially joined Teradici as a Co-op student. I enjoyed it so much that I spent a solid 16 months working at the company and now I came back as a full-time employee! I guess what brought me back is a combination of a great working environment and relevant/challenging work. Another way to put this is that it doesn't feel like your just another tiny gear that is part of a much bigger machine!

My experiences with my co-workers are very positive, and the managers are great people to work with/for. Overall, I am very pleased with Teradici.

Cons

None that I can think of. Nothing so far has left me with a negative feeling or thought.

Advice to Management

Management is doing a good job as far as I can tell so my only advise is to keep up the good work and keep us employees engaged with interesting work!

"Great office environment, good pay, professionals to work with"

Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in Burnaby, BC

I have been working at Teradici full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people working at Teradici at various departments are professionals and pleasant to work with, I would say 95%. Pay/benefit is very competitive and annual review process is fair and timely. The company is not afraid to pivot and always looking for an edge. Very cool technology to get involved for engineering and marketing as well. You get to use the technology you build everyday as part of IT setup (your desktop) so very cool. The application potential of the technology is immense. Opportunities to work with big partners like VMware, Amazon, Samsung, LG, etc are attractive. Lateral transfers are granted without negative nudges from managers. Great gym and shower facilities, allowing people to bike in and shower. Many active sports groups (soccer, jogging, yoga, squash, beech volleyball, table tennis, etc) exists so lunch time exercises are very enjoyable for those who wants to stay active. Lunch and working hours are very flexible so you can exercise and shower during lunch time. Burnaby office location is very convenient to drive into with lots of parking.

Cons

Of course, not everyone gets to go to the big meetings with big partners. It would be good if those opportunities are given for professional development. Teradici could be more competitive on RRSP matching.

Advice to Management

Keep developing your people outside of the expected work duties. Those are the key in having the people engaged and excited to come to work. Give more opportunities to those who seek them. Include them into product planning meetings for educational/profession/career development and start grooming them to be the next leader.

Teradici Response

17 Jun, 2016 – Recruitment Specialist

Dear fellow Teradician, Thank you for recognizing your colleagues for their awesomeness, and positively commenting on Teradici’s pay/benefit competiveness, cool technologies (use what we build... More

"Incompetent management"

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Burnaby, BC
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Burnaby, BC

I have been working at Teradici full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Flexible work hours, good work-life balance.
    -Most developers and QE are great to work with.

Cons

-Managers are lazy, incompetent, inexperienced, and arrogant (some have all of these characteristics, others are blessed with just some).
    -Why am I even writing this review? Not because I expect any change to come from it. Just to vent. The biggest problem with management is they don't listen to developers.
    -They insist you work on a virtual desktop for development. They seem to randomly decide that certain developers can buy a real machine. Others buy their own.
    -No career advancement opportunities for developers. Team hierarchies are flat and are managed by a non-technical role (product owner). There are no technical roles for developers where they can stay on a team yet have some responsibility.

Advice to Management

Give developers more power and listen to them. Promote them to technical leadership positions where they can lead and have a say, but still do what they love (develop).

"Great technology, great people!"

Former Employee - Business Development in Burnaby, BC
    Former Employee - Business Development in Burnaby, BC

I worked at Teradici full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, very bright, and also very nice! Cool technology.

Cons

Sometime a bit more bureaucratic than necessary. A bit shy in marketing but it's being addressed well now.

Advice to Management

Keep up to great work in focusing on the software business