Sutherland Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 11 Dec, 2018

2.3

Sort:

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sutherland (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January-2013.

Interview

Met with HR, then supervising lawyers and then HR again. Lots of tests at the HR stage (math, proofreading, comprehension) -- most I have ever had to do.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Sutherland.

Interview

Incredibly drawn out. Many interviews over many months.

Negotiation

Pretty standard. Sutherland checks candidates' prior 2 years tax returns to use as basis for negotiating comp. Will negotiate base and performance bonus.
    I forgot to include in prior section: Sutherland is very stingy with travel expenses. At all employee levels you will be expected to stay at $90/night hotels and have to provide receipts for every single expense, regardless of how small in order to be reimbursed. Office space is also pretty sparse. I personally found it only mildly annoying, but this could be a big deal for some.

Special Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sutherland (Rochester, NY (US)) in November-2013.

Interview

Interview with my immediate Supervisor was positive, however the interview with my Supervisor's Manager was awkward. He seemed unprepared, and appeared annoyed that he had to take time to interview me. I was never provided a detailed job description, which I asked for on multiple occasions. This ended up hurting me immensely in the future as my roles and responsibilities were constantly changing.

Interview Questions

• How do you work under pressure, and with tight deadlines?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given a verbal offer of base salary during my interview by my immediate Supervisor. When the official offer was provided by HR it was significantly less than what was previously offered. When I asked about this discrepancy, my Supervisor became hostile and told me that I was lying and threatened to offer the position to another candidate. Should have seen the writing on the wall then, but foolishly I continued to negotiate a higher salary, and sold out for a large salary.

W@H Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sutherland in September-2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly tedious. After sending in my initial online application, I received an email to call in and do a virtual interview. The next day I received an email from a recruiter asking to set up a date/time for a phone interview. After passing the phone interview, the recruiter then sent me an assessment and a site I had to navigate to in order to test my computer's abilities. I had to use Internet Explorer and adjust all of my ActiveX settings as I never use IE. The assessment mainly consisted of personality questions like, "My family and friends would describe me as: A. Friendly B. Consistent." The recruiter called me the next day and said that somehow my answers were inconsistent and had to go through another phone interview. I was also asked if I was okay with customers who can be verbally abusive. This was all very excessive for a measly $9/hr.
    I was told after the second phone interview that I should hear back by the end of that business day. Two weeks passed and I got an email from Sutherland Global Services from someone I'd never talked to that said, "Thank you for interviewing with me today!" and then listed details on the job like dates of training, the fact that they'd have to send me a bunch of equipment, and the pay grade. That email told me to keep an eye out for an acceptance letter which never came.

Interview Questions

• How can you ensure you would continue to work if there is a power outage?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • How many days out of the year do you think it is appropriate for someone to miss work? If we were to call your previous/current employer, how many days would they say you missed in that period of time?   Answer Question

W@H Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hempstead, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutherland (Hempstead, NY (US)) in September-2015.

Interview

I did the online assessment and virtual interview. I also joined the open house and the recruiters are available to chat with the applicants. I was phone interviewed this afternoon and the interview went well. I was so nervous because this is my first time to be interviewed after 10 years.

W@H Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sutherland (New York, NY (US)) in January-2015.

Interview

Applied on line, employment application with personality test. Then sent a link to do a automated phone and on line typical employment interview. Received do not reply email confirmations. Received thank yous from a recruiter via email. Was contacted three months later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Based on the job you applied for, approximate thirty questions were on your skills and experiences of said position.   1 Answer
    • Personality test, random yes or no questions. Approximately fifty questions.   1 Answer

W@H Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sutherland in January-2016.

Interview

All done online, from application to testing to 'training simulation'. They send you a stream of e-mails to sites to complete the tasks. Until you get to their 'are you willing to work for $9.00 an hour' question, they are all pretty standard, computer skill based questions. The messed up 'personality test', with no correct answers, the typing speed test, the internet speed test, pretty standard work from home interview process.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work for $9.00 an hour, and $8.50/hr training period.   1 Answer

W@H Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sutherland (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Lengthy process which wasn't to hard, the hardest part of the whole process was the skills test which takes a long time to complete close to 2 hours. After i completed everything it was just a matter of time waiting to get a response back on whether or not I got a offer.Which i did in the weeks to follow.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot a computer
      Also how would you handle an irate customer while trying to solve their issues over the phone and what troubleshooting steps you would take   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sutherland.

Interview

I filled out a application, through indeed, which directed me to the company's website. Then they sent me a email a few days later. I then had to do a system check and virtual interview. The virtual interview was really easy. Very basic questions. I was asked the same questions at a similar job in the past.

Interview Questions

• I had to answer questions like: What would I do if my power went out, What would I do if I didn't immediately know how to solve a customers problem? What did I do to calm down an irate customer? And at what point in time did I have to sell something to a customer. All of my responses had to be recorded. Very simple, and I hope training will be okay. I will update to speak about that after it's over.   2 Answers

W@H Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sutherland (Columbus, OH (US)) in May-2015.

Interview

The interview process was Very easy and smooth. I applied online and did a phone interview almost immediately. The skills assessment test was pretty much like the ones you see in other jobs-the ones where they ask questions about a scenario on the job. The only issue was that my internet did not meet the minimum requiremen.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an escalated customer   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.