Sport Chek Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 7 Dec, 2018

2.2

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Timmins, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Timmins, ON).

Interview

I had been asked to hand in a resume while working at another retail store. I was given an interview two days after and asked to bring in my reference information. The interview was with the store manager and soft goods manager. They asked me questions about my work ethic, experience and ambitions. They were kind, straight forward and made the intentions and expectations of the job clear. They explained the type of work environment I would be joining, the type of hours I would be working and the pay I would start at until my probation was over. Overall the managers were friendly, personable and made the process relaxing while still asking appropriate questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I was comfortable having to change everything in a department by not only moving around product but moving fixtures and changing wall plans when necessary.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. John's, NL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sport Chek (St. John's, NL) in September-2013.

Interview

Applied online through their website, and did the survey type questions and skill questions, like "which does not belong?" or "what is the next number in the pattern?". Had gotten a call a couple of days later and went through the phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes, and involved a lot of questions involving what kinds of activities I was into, and experience with the actual job that I applied for. They later scheduled an in person interview for that weekend. Saturday past, I had the interview with the store general manager named Peter, who was great to talk to and easily to get along with. He pretty much just wanted to get to know me as a person, and continuously asked if I had any questions for him. He didn't ask any of the standard hard questions like "describe a time when...", we had talked about some activites that I was into, any past teams I was on in school or out of school, overall it was a really laid back interview which was nice for a change. He said after he would go over my resume and have a few more interviews to go over, and I may get a call within a week or two.

Interview Questions

• The only question pertaining to the job was "what brought you to apply for this position at sport chek?"   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Calgary, AB) in January-2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a call and did a phone interview a few days later. I did my research beforehand and wrote down all the questions on Glass door and my answers. She asked exactly the questions I wrote down so I just read my answers off the page. Then she set me up with an in-person interview the next day. It was super chill and we mainly talked about what activities I did, my work history as a visual merchandiser, what to expect, etc. Then he said he'd call me. A few days later he called and offered me a different position than what I applied for but still accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

He asked what I made at my last job, I told him, and he said the best he could do was a few cents over minimum wage.

Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sport Chek.

Interview

Completed the personality test on Fgl's website. Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter about two days later, we conducted a telephone interview on the spot. Said he thought I would be a good fit for the position and asked me to come for an in store interview. The in store interview was exceptionally easily, was asked a couple questions and then was offered a position on the spot (in and out in about 10 minutes)

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you worked hard to achieve a goal/objective   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary is negotiable but they will not go much above minimum wage.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sport Chek.

Interview

Dropped off my resume in person and there was a phone interview and then an in-person interview. They asked about your lifestyle and what sports you played. The interview was relaxed and overall super easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Ottawa, ON) in January-2018.

Interview

I applied for the job online on indeed.com.I got a email back almost 12 hours later.Then they gave me a phone interview which lasted around 15 minutes.They said I was a good candidate and that they would set me up with an interview with the manager.

Anonymous Employee in Georgina, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Georgina, ON) in November-2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email and a phone call from a recruiter in Vancouver, BC .The phone call was a interview and lasted about 15 minutes, the interview told me that I passed the phone interview and scheduled and i person interview for the next week.He told me to that i would be asked the same questions in person and gave me some tips.I went in for the in person interview with the store manager and he asked me a couple questions it was very laid back.He told me that he would give me a call within the next two days.He called me the next day and offered me the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Burnaby, BC) in January-2017.

Interview

The application online had a quiz portion to verify that you're mentally healthy/have sound reasoning skills. The day after, I got called for a phone interview. Very basic questions like availability, how many months I can commit, have I ever handled money before on the job, etc. There were a few questions about my resume and previous experiences. Basically just going over, asking about job responsibilities, asking about any instances in resume history where I was not working (my answer: chose not to work during first year of uni to focus on school). They call you for an in-store interview if you pass the phone interview. Phone interview went well until the question about previous cashier experience/money handling came up, as I had had no previous experience, which I think likely disqualified me for an in-store interview, especially compared with other people with experience who applied for the position. The interviewer was very friendly and made me feel at ease.

Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Saskatoon, SK) in June-2017.

Interview

Fast. Applied last night, then got a call next morning. Lasted 30mins. Got an in-person interview scheduled in 2 days. In-person interview lasted 10mins. Got hired a few days later. Loved HR and the Manager.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Toronto, ON) in July-2017.

Interview

Did the online assessment (make sure to do well, the manager looks at the results). Called for on the phone with HR 2 days later. Asked many questions, lasted 30 minutes. Scheduled for in-person interview to meet the manager; lasted 15 minutes. In person was mostly for the manager to meet you and explain the job to you, as well as going through your resume Manager was very friendly and easy to talk to. Called 6 days later and told I got the job.

Interview Questions

• PHONE PORTION
      Why are you a good fit for this job?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Describe a time when you went above and beyond in a cashier position.
      What are the most important attributes for a cashier?
      Which of these attributes do you think you excel in?
      Tell me about the sport that you do.
      Describe a time where you fixed a problem
      What is something you would like to work on?
      What were your responsibilities as a cashier at your old job?
      Talk about a goal that you achieved and how you achieved it.   Answer Question
    • IN PERSON PORTION
      Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.