Sport Chek Visual Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Sport Chek Visual Merchandiser Interview Questions

Interviews at Sport Chek

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Timmins, ON

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Timmins, ON).

Interview

I had been asked to hand in a resume while working at another retail store. I was given an interview two days after and asked to bring in my reference information. The interview was with the store manager and soft goods manager. They asked me questions about my work ethic, experience and ambitions. They were kind, straight forward and made the intentions and expectations of the job clear. They explained the type of work environment I would be joining, the type of hours I would be working and the pay I would start at until my probation was over. Overall the managers were friendly, personable and made the process relaxing while still asking appropriate questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I was comfortable having to change everything in a department by not only moving around product but moving fixtures and changing wall plans when necessary.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sport Chek

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sport Chek (Calgary, AB) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a call and did a phone interview a few days later. I did my research beforehand and wrote down all the questions on Glass door and my answers. She asked exactly the questions I wrote down so I just read my answers off the page. Then she set me up with an in-person interview the next day. It was super chill and we mainly talked about what activities I did, my work history as a visual merchandiser, what to expect, etc. Then he said he'd call me. A few days later he called and offered me a different position than what I applied for but still accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

He asked what I made at my last job, I told him, and he said the best he could do was a few cents over minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. John's, NL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sport Chek (St. John's, NL) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online through their website, and did the survey type questions and skill questions, like "which does not belong?" or "what is the next number in the pattern?". Had gotten a call a couple of days later and went through the phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes, and involved a lot of questions involving what kinds of activities I was into, and experience with the actual job that I applied for. They later scheduled an in person interview for that weekend. Saturday past, I had the interview with the store general manager named Peter, who was great to talk to and easily to get along with. He pretty much just wanted to get to know me as a person, and continuously asked if I had any questions for him. He didn't ask any of the standard hard questions like "describe a time when...", we had talked about some activites that I was into, any past teams I was on in school or out of school, overall it was a really laid back interview which was nice for a change. He said after he would go over my resume and have a few more interviews to go over, and I may get a call within a week or two.

Interview Questions

• The only question pertaining to the job was "what brought you to apply for this position at sport chek?"   2 Answers
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.