Softchoice Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 26 May, 2018

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice (Seattle, WA (US)) in September-2015.

Interview

Did a phone interview, more of a Q & A - it was very helpful, I was able to ask in-depth questions about the company and position to see if it was good fit. Then came into the office and did an in person interview. Pretty easy :)

Interview Questions

• Fairly basic interview questions   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Softchoice (San Diego, CA (US)) in November-2011.

Interview

Because I was referred I skipped the typical first steps such as phone interview and HR communication. I had 2 interviews and then no communication. When I reached out it was the beginning of the New Year and they said they were very busy but still interested. The next thing I know I see the position posted again and I apply and find out that they had decided not to hire me.

Interview Questions

• I was given examples of objections where I had to role play and respond to the objections.   Answer Question

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Softchoice.

Interview

Only got to the Recruiter before we agreed it was not a good fit.

Interview Questions

• all standard interview questions...   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice in November-2012.

Interview

The proces was pretty favorable until the end. I met a manager and recruiting event and we hit it off. He was interested and fast tracked my resume to ge the first round phone interview. The phone interview was incredibly long, but I made it to the second round. The second round was straight forward as I interviewed with the manager that recommended me. There was also a relatively easy IQ/reasoning type of test. Third round was a video call interview with two other managers. They asked all the standard questions, but I got a bit nervous so it was little rocky, however I felt I ended it well. Regardless, the interviewers told me I would hear from the right after the new year with their decision. I have not heard from them since.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example when you had to persuade someone to go your way?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Softchoice (Seattle, WA (US)) in February-2015.

Interview

It was an easy interview process. I had the chance to do a phone interview then go to the company for a 1:1 meeting and a group meeting. We had the chance to be open and ask personal questions on professional development. Seeing most of the higher ups started out at Softchoice, they like to hire people withing and help them develop to bigger roles within the company. The interview was informal, but it was formal in a way that I came prepared to answer any questions and ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Personal development questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got the offer the same day. I was able to extend my offer, as I was going to take a short break and volunteer in NYC.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Softchoice in August-2016.

Interview

It never happened. The recruiter scheduled a time and then stood me up. No email or heads up or anything. I sent an email to ask what happened and also no reply.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Softchoice in October-2014.

Interview

My first portion of the interview was very pleasant, with Megan, their talent adviser. She had me complete an assessment and then we had a great phone interview. I wasn't thrilled about the idea of joining sales, but Megan had great things to say about the company so when I was offered an in-person interview, I accepted. The two managers I interviewed with played a typical good guy/bad guy role, with the "bad guy" being very insistent that I didn't want the job enough for them to offer it to me. I don't know many people who are born passionate about sales, but that seems like the type of person they want to hire. In the end, I had tried to go in with an open mind and check out on an opportunity but was completely discouraged by the fact that they told me over and over that I could do the job, they just were convinced I didn't want to.

Interview Questions

• Why are you passionate about sales or helping people get tech solutions   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Softchoice (Seattle, WA (US)) in March-2014.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and got a call from a recruiter the next day who gave me a lot of information about Softchoice and how I could have long term success there in sales. I came in for an interview the following week where I met with 2 managers and sat with a rep for about 45 minutes to ask questions and get a better idea of what my days would be like as a SC rep.

Interview Questions

• What would my current manager say I am successful in and where could I use improvement?   1 Answer
    • Where do I see myself professionally in the future?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice (Seattle, WA (US)) in May-2012.

Interview

Phone screening, then a personality quiz, then two in-person interviews. The first interview was with two managers, and the second interview was with just one. They were all low-key conversations that were more about what I was enthusiastic about in the job more than what my sales experience was.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice (Seattle, WA (US)) in May-2016.

Interview

I had a phone call with a hiring manager in Toronto, who was very thorough when explaining the position and training required for the position. I appreciated all the time he took to get to know me and making sure I knew everything about the job. The next week I went in for an in person interview with one of the ISAM managers, which was straight forward and one of the most enjoyable interviews I have experienced so far. The location is great, the office has a bright, vibrant culture. I also did a y-connect or a job shadow session in other words.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Softchoice.

Interview

After submitting resume, you receive a call [most likely from Canada] where they ask you a few questions about your resume just as an initial screening. If everything checks out, they schedule a phone interview roughly a week later. After the phone interview, they contact you for an in person interview with a sales manager. Generally you have two in person interviews before an offer is made.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be good at sales at Softchoice?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is zero negotiating. You either take the offer or walk away.