Softchoice Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 8 Nov, 2017

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice (Seattle, WA (US)) in September-2015.

Interview

Did a phone interview, more of a Q & A - it was very helpful, I was able to ask in-depth questions about the company and position to see if it was good fit. Then came into the office and did an in person interview. Pretty easy :)

Interview Questions

• Fairly basic interview questions   1 Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Softchoice (Chicago, IL (US)) in June-2017.

Interview

Lengthy interview process. Six total interviews, includes the introduction phone call with in-house recruiter.

1. Interview with in-house recruiter
    2. Phone call with technical counterpart
    3. Phone call with a Softchoice partner
    4. Phone call with your future manager if you get the position
    5. Phone call with your future manager's VP
    6. In person interview with a local VP.

For the most part, all standard interview questions. I like that I spoke with a partner of Softchoice's which can provide a different viewpoint.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Softchoice (Chicago, IL (US)) in May-2017.

Interview

It was two phone interviews and one in-person interview. They ended up giving me an offer, inviting me to meet their team, booked my flight to Toronto for training and then told me I failed my background check and rescinded my offer. They said it was due to something said by one of my references, which was vague and untrue after I reached out to all of them. This company lacks tact, class and proper internal communication. I would not recommend wasting your time with them and definitely do not leave your current job until after their ridiculous background check is back.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you and a coworker had a disagreement on how to get something done and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Softchoice (Chicago, IL (US)) in January-2017.

Interview

Recruiter was very professional and I was excited to get an in person interview. However after digging in on Glassdoor I found somethings that made me stop the process.

1. There are a lot of "fake" posts on Glassdoor that were clearly posted to make the company seem like a more positive place to work. Please read all reviews and decide which you believe to be legit.

2. You have to share a hotel room with a complete stranger during their 4 week training program in Toronto. This was never mentioned to me, I had to ask after reading a Glassdoor review.

3. You are let got if you don't "pass" the training program. It should be called something else and this should be discussed immediately by the recruiter. Imagine leaving a job to take this one only to find out later you might be let go if you don't pass a 4 week training program in Toronto.

Feedback: be more transparent. The above issues are hugely important when considering changing careers. I feel this was not discussed because it is a deal breaker for applicants and that is not honest.

Interview Questions

Softchoice Response

20 Jan, 2017 – Senior Director, Strategic Enablement

Thanks for your review! You might be surprised to know we encourage all employees - from new recruits to tenured folks - to leave honest, transparent reviews on Glassdoor about what it's really like... More

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice (Seattle, WA (US)) in January-2017.

Interview

Was a referral with around two weeks before the initial interview over the phone. I felt very comfortable during the interview and seemed to go smoothly, lasted about 45 minutes. After the phone screen, was given an online personality survey rating kind of like a Meyers Briggs assessment, followed by another survey self rating regarding Culture Fit type of responses. Each of these surveys took an additional 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a sacrifice you made for the team/organization?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Softchoice (Chicago, IL (US)) in December-2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening with a recruiter, lasted about an hour. Talked about my background, behavioral questions, why I was interested in the role, and discussed the position and company. After that, was invited in the office to interview with a Sales Manager. This was more structured, as she had a set of questions she was going through. Mostly behavioral, "tell me about a time when", and questions geared towards their company. They really want to know that you did research on them and want to work for them. Didn't hear back from them after a few weeks, and then sent another email and was informed they decided to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with an issue, had to develop a solution, and then acted on it   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice in December-2016.

Interview

The company has you meet with their executives at their office and tell you a bit about their organization. After they tell you about their company they proceed to find out more about you and your background.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Softchoice (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

The recruiter asks you general questions about your resume. He sets up an interview with someone at the location near you. The interview at the location near you will be a breeze, however, that is an indication of their desperation to get new employees to fill those seats. Their turnover is high because the culture is very negative.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October-2016.

Interview

I have to say after reading some of the other negative comments made by existing or former employee's I still gave Softchoice a chance.

I applied for a Field Sales Role based out of SF - CA a few weeks ago and finally had one of their recruiters reach out wanting to set up a Phone Screen (I am NOT going to name this Recruiter because I don't want to shame her).

First Issue: No Show for Set Phone Screen

After going back and forth we finally settled on a Date and Time to have a phone chat however when the actual meeting time slot came the Recruiter was a no show. I WAS extremely excited about this role given my experience working with their organization as a vendor. I waited for the Recruiter to call me for 10 minutes till I finally sent her a quick note asking if we were going to meet. She claimed that she had some sort of Medical Emergency when she responded back 15 minutes later.

Second Issue: Correspondences Gone Bad

I WAS still interested in the role so I worked with the Recruiter to reschedule our call ... After going back and forth again with her to reschedule we finally got a Date and Time sorted out. However this took several attempts because now the Recruiter wasn't getting any of my emails on her phone. I have to say at this point any reasonable person would be frustrated due to the fact that they would feel like they weren't even a priority.

Third and Final Issue: Late AGAIN to Phone Chat & Was extremely Rude and Condescending

Well today was the day for our Phone Screen and Recruiter shows up 7 minutes late to the meeting stating her other call went over. I have been in Sales for going on 10 years now and if I am running over on a different meeting I would simply send the other person a quick note outlining this with a simple apology. ESPECIALLY if I was late the first time! Well I got no such note and when she finally called me she quickly stated that her other meeting went over so this is why she is late.

At this point and time my patience for this opportunity is wearing thin and I just wanted to learn more about the role itself. Well after quick explanation on why she was late she jumped right into our Phone Screen with some questions based around information that my Resume and LinkedIn Profile have. After answering the first few questions I politely stated that all of this information was on my Resume and LinkedIn Profile. The Recruiters response was completely rude and condescending while she stated that the information she was looking for wasn’t there. When she tried to restate the question she initially asked me it was a completely different question. At that point I told the Recruiter that I no longer wanted the role and said good-bye.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your Quota at one of your companies   1 Answer

Softchoice Response

10 Oct, 2016 – Senior Director, Strategic Enablement

On behalf of Softchoice and our Talent Acquisition team, I apologize for the poor candidate experience you had while interviewing with us.

Finding great people to join Softchoice means we need... More

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Softchoice (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September-2016.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn, and a recruiter called me a couple days later.
    Starts with a phone interview with a recruiter: The recruiter is obviously looking to prep you for the interview. He suggested that I not tell them that I don't like cold calling.

Next you will interview with a manager who you will eventually work for: This consists of them trying to convince you that you are lesser then you are and should accept the worst job in the company at the lowest possible pay rate.

Third, the recruiter follows up with you and tells you knocked their socks off and you got the job.

If you got an interview for this job in Atlanta, relax your going to Canada on the company's dime. Just don't stop looking for a job, because this place is a joke. Your manager will likely have no experience working at a real job, and their brain has turned to play-doh from years of foolishness at this place.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time....   1 Answer
    • Do you have cold calling experience   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience selling software & hardware   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your sales experience   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softchoice (Chicago, IL (US)) in September-2016.

Interview

Phone interview, group interview, then one-on-one interview. Pretty simple and straightforward. Basically just wanted to get to know you and see if you had a sales personality. Weren't too concerned about experience.