80% would recommend to a friend
(1072 total reviews)
82% approve of CEO
Found 1,072 of over 1K reviews
Updated Nov 18, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "There is a great culture associated with this organization that is very hard to find in the sales realm." (in 145 reviews)
- "Great people and met a lot of interesting people through events etc." (in 101 reviews)
- "Good benefits and RSP matching program." (in 66 reviews)
- "Good Work Life Balance and very friendly" (in 41 reviews)
- "Great training and onboarding helps you learn the industry" (in 38 reviews)
- "Low Pay and not enough rewards" (in 63 reviews)
- "Low salary compared to competitors and other jobs in the same field." (in 47 reviews)
- "The managers are young and say what they think they are supposed to say than to truly connect with their employees." (in 37 reviews)
- "Poor management and less growth" (in 35 reviews)
- "Very low compensation" (in 22 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Softchoice and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEWDec 22, 2022Network EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 10 years
Great company Great benefits Great internal communication
None that I can think ofSoftchoice Response8mo
Hello, thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We're always working to provide a great experience for our people - including comprehensive benefits, an inclusive culture and great internal communication - so we're thrilled you gave us a 5-star review. All the best!
- 5.0Nov 10, 2023Associate Support EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsToronto, ON
very good management. listening to each engineer problems
the fact that associate support engineers taking customer's call
- 1.0Nov 4, 2023Sales SupportCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
At this point, none. When I first started under our previous CEO there were some concerns (every job has them - low pay, overworked) but recently I've started to see more and more stress leaves, burnout, feelings of being silenced and questionable behaviour from leaders and HR that are going unaddressed.
Pay has always been below average, but the culture and growth is what kept employees around. Employees are being silently force back to the office and layoffs continue. Operational roles have a large amount of work that can't be accounted for in metrics. If you complain about being over worked or you disagree with something your manager expects/wants because it's unrealistic, be ready to be issued a letter with behaviour issues (that can't be proven) related to the company's "values". Plans are huge, unattainable and very much out of your control. If you don't hit plan as a CAM/EAM, be ready to be put on a performance plan and/or issued a letter leading to dismissal. Success in career development is dependant on your direct manager and how much you're willing to overwork yourself and others around you. Finally and most importantly, mental health is a huge concern at this company. The number of employees taking stress leave has skyrocketed regardless of what part of the company you are in.1Softchoice Response4w
Hello. Thank you for leaving feedback. That experience is not what we want for our people. Please reach out to email@example.com. We want to hear more from you and address your concerns.
- 5.0Oct 13, 2023SupervisorCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsToronto, ON
- Work/life Balance - Good support and career growth potential - More easy-going environment when possible, but also very busy at times - Make genuine strives towards improving the company - Great healthcare plan - Tons of real focus on employee experience
- Salary increases are slow, you will need to move up if you want decent pay bumps - A few bad apples can cause a lot of headaches, but Softchoice does make an effort of rooting them outSoftchoice Response4w
Thank you for recognizing our strengths and providing feedback.
- 5.0Nov 2, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Strong culture and values. Lots of growth potential for your own career and for the organization. A ton of appetite to try new things.
Sometimes a challenge to navigate internally.
- 5.0Nov 7, 2023Territory Sales RepresentativeFormer EmployeeToronto, ON
- Amazing work culture and co-workers - Great training programs - Interesting industry
Pay could be a bit more competitive
- 5.0Nov 1, 2023Inside Sales Account ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
Culture is amazing for Gen Z / Millenials
Tough KPIs to hit, consistently changing quotas stop you from leveling up as fast as you can
Softchoice Reviews FAQs
Softchoice has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 1,124 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Softchoice to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.
80% of Softchoice employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Softchoice 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.