Shopify Customer Success Guru Remote Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 27 of over 1,134.0 interviews

Employee Referral24%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Shopify

Application

I interviewed at Shopify

Interview

Multi stage process, roleplay "gauntlet" interview is final stage. They ask you to make a shopify store to prepare which means making a shopify account, dont think this is a fair ask for job interview as your giving up your data.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work ar shopify
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Shopify (Dublin, Dublin) in Jul 2020

Interview

1. Typing speed test 2. Video interview: life story interview 3. Technical test: I found quite intense. I had to do so many things at the same time that I got overwhelmed. I was so nervous before the test that I did not perform well. I did prepared myself as much as I could. Played around with my fake online store, read the FAQ page and much more.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shopify (Edmonton, AB) in Dec 2019

Interview

Basically a fill in the blank scenario and then a phone interview. They really should do these over skype or Zoom, it's so difficult to have an interview without seeing someone. The person that interviewed me was in Zombie mode and had zero enthusiasm so it just seems like a waste of my time off the bat. As if she didn't even want to be talking to me. Really threw me off.

Interview Questions
  • Standard questions, what is your experience, what do you do for fun etc

Shopify

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shopify

Interview

Fast Paced, through examination of whether or not you can articulate and explain the functionality of shopify services. It was recommended that I prepare a shopify store which took up several days of my personal time (unfortunate since I didn't get the job, but still worth looking into a bit) I would instead prep more on researching technical support for general use of shopify.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shopify (Toronto, ON) in Oct 2019

Interview

First interview is the "Life Story". It's a more casual conversation about your past experiences, most other reviews describe it accurately. Second stage was a mock email with the customer. Third step was The Gauntlet, where you answer multiple chats at once and a mock phone call with a customer. Fourth step references.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Shopify (Toronto, ON) in Sep 2019

Interview

I applied September 1st, did not start until November 18th. There was 3 processes, a Question and Answer, Phone interview, and Gauntlet Interview. Question and Answer: The question and answer, was basically a "get to know you." This was done online, typing your responses. Questions like: What are you passionate about? Why Shopify? What do you like to do or fun? Phone Interview: Phone interview was about an hour long. Basic questions, scenario based about passed employment. Questions like: Name a time you had to give instruction to people? "Tell us about a time you had to troubleshoot something? "What skills do you have?" The Gauntlet, was a simulation process, via chats and phones. Not to scare anyone but this is where 90% of people fail. The questions can vary. My question was about explaining was SEO was to a new merchant. I can't remember the phone question, but common good habits, would be to ask the merchant about their business, walk them through the steps you're taking, never put them on hold.

Interview Questions
  • "Name a time you had to give instruction to people?" "Tell us about a time you had to troubleshoot something? "What skills do you have?" "What is SEO?"

Shopify

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Shopify

Interview

It was awesome. A little disorganized, but a great opportunity to learn about what they were doing and also show my skills. The gauntlet was the best part because I literally was tested on the role by doing the role. The interviewer was also supportive and made me feel like they wanted me to work for them and they were on m side which helped.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Shopify

Application

I interviewed at Shopify

Interview

Shopify states the Life Story interview would be "... a genuine, two-sided conversation where we get to learn about your values, your career, side projects, volunteer work, self-taught skills and what you want to do next. We’ll start from a point of time in the past of your choice (like what you wanted to be when you grew up, or what your first job was) and work our way through to today." Therefore I was surprised when my interviewer spent 90% of the 30 minutes asking questions about only one of my previous jobs. When I tried bringing up my different roles, experiences, hobbies etc they didn’t seem interested and would just move on to the next question about the one job. Different reviewers have commented how their “life story interview” felt like a conversation with a friend and that’s how I approached the situation but didn’t feel that was reciprocated by the interviewer. Also, I had several questions I was excited to discuss and felt the interviewer wasn’t very interested nor excited about answering them, which made me feel like I was annoying them so I didn’t even end up asking all of them. Shortly after they informed me they decided to go with other candidates but I know they were still conducting interviews for at least another week after my interview so I felt like the interviewer must have really not liked me to cut me off that early. It’s unfortunate as I was really excited about this role and felt like it could have gone differently had I spoken to another interviewer.

Interview Questions
  • “What was the company’s mission statement that you worked at?”
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shopify (Vancouver, BC) in May 2019

Interview

Initial interview is an email where you role play to show off your customer success guru skills. I’m sure there’s lots of other rounds of interviews but that’s the initial one.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Shopify

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shopify in Mar 2019

Interview

An online application process, followed by a life story interview, then the gauntlet. The process all in all is challenging due to the fact that it is unique to Shopify. It is difficult to know what is expected of you and as you do not have a basis for comparison, you cannot gauge how you've done effectively. Luckily, in my case, there was no waiting around. I thought for sure I wouldn't make it past the first round (the life story), but I was invited to the gauntlet on the next working day. Following the gauntlet, I received feedback that I hadn't been successful within 24hrs. I have heard that communication can be poor with the talent acquisition team, mixed messages are sent, and delays can be long. This wasn't my experience, so it's possible that changes may have been made in this area. My experience with the team was positive and I would not be deterred from applying again in the future. The interview process can be hard work, especially prep for the gauntlet, but it seems like a fit for me so I will try again.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 Interviews