Shopify Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,396 of over 1,396.0 interviews

Recruiter9%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Shopify

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shopify

Interview

The interview process is very repetitive, many of the same questions from different people. Took 6 months for an offer- and then they low balled with a very low salary. Tried to sell the benefits package as extra money to the base salary- not great.

Interview Questions
  • Is there any questions you wish we had asked?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shopify (Frankfurt am Main)

Interview

I only got to the HR interview, where the HR representative told that I don't have enough experience for the role... I felt this unprofessional, because then why invite for an interview if they think I'm unqualified. Context: I have 5+ years of line manager experience in the field.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Shopify

Join the conversation on

Salary & Compensation

2d

a

Customer Success Manager

Hi All, I'm negotiating a compensation offer from Shopify in Europe. The recruiter mentioned starting is at 46k €...which is way lower that what I made in Canada. I'm trying to do my research on the market. Are there any Customer Success Managers or Merchant Success that can share what are the ranges in Europe. Shopify Thanks

8 Comments

Tech

203.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Shopify~675933
Join the conversation on

Shopify

Application

I interviewed at Shopify

Interview

The standard, “non-standard” Shopify interview. It was a nice series of conversations, and I would do it again voluntarily. I spoke to recruiters from a couple of different teams and got a sense of the broader structure. The questions were interesting.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Shopify

Application

I interviewed at Shopify

Interview

great managers, very friendly. i had multiple interview stages. the interview stages were a technical interview, a behaviour interview (they called it something else but i can't remember now), and that was it. no leetcode or anything.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Shopify

Application

I interviewed at Shopify

Interview

Brief talk with a recruiter and then Pair Programming. The interviewer for the pair programming didn't explain the question correctly and confirmed my incorrect understanding of the problem. I'm not sure she understood the problem either. At one point during the interview, the interviewer accidently let the TV show she was watching on her other browser play and pretended to act confused. Not the best interview experience; felt lazy and unprofessional. Failed the pair programming but after that experience I'm good with that.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Shopify

Application

I interviewed at Shopify

Interview

Very smooth process, with solid fundamental interview questions and a great pair programming experience. Make sure to know the project that you are bringing, they ask a lot of follow-up questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Shopify

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shopify

Interview

Was recommended to the company. Took them 1.5 more time than their own deadline to even reach out. Then got asked the same questions I was answering in the form they asked me to submit beforehand (Either get rid of the form or don't ask the same questions you already have answers to). Got rejected for the experience I specifically described in the portfolio and supported with case studies. Then analytics showed that the reviewer spent 19 seconds looking at my portfolio and only the latest case study. I understand the pipeline is massive, but the recruitment process is literally a parade of red flags: from submitting a form with weird questions to a sleepy recruiter on the call who can't bother to even sound interested in you and asking reasonable questions, to having specific reject messages which aren't supported by the facts. Please work on your process and at least try to bother looking into people's portfolios before rejecting. In almost a decade in the industry, I've never seen such an unprofessional recruiter. But honestly, now it explains the feedback I hear from the people on the inside and why people who care about their work quality actually leave this golden cage for smaller companies.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Please describe your design process. 2. Please describe your past experience.
2 people found this interview helpful

Shopify

Application

I interviewed at Shopify

Interview

No HR call or anything, just jumped straight into a live coding session with a 30 minute time limit. The problem is not difficult, but if you freeze like I did, 30 minutes won't be enough because you have talk through the entire process. Make sure to prepare.

Interview Questions
  • A popcorn costs 7$, a soda costs 2.5$, when bought together they cost 9$. Given an input list of dates and the name of the items bought, find the total amount spent. All pairs of soda and popcorn should be treated as a bundle if they were bought on the same date, even if they are not bought one after the other.
28 people found this interview helpful

Shopify

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Shopify

Interview

Very very slow process. 1+ month to hear back after initial application submission, 1+ month to schedule the interview, 1+ month and still no update even after spending 4+ total hours for the interview process. Was very turned off by the company and would be hesitant to work here, very slow to make decisions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Shopify

Application

I interviewed at Shopify

Interview

It was a long process with multiple steps. Getting to know you interview, sample questions and role playing on chat. Process moved along quite quickly and everyone was extremely nice.

Interview Questions
  • One of the later steps was to role play as a live agent on chat. I imagine the questions differ each time.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,396 Interviews