Sears Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

2.3

Sort:

Conseiller à la vente Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherbrooke, QC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Sears (Sherbrooke, QC) in October-2015.

Interview

Processus d'embauche vraiment pauvre, ce qui peut être considéré comme un avantage. Le recruteur a seulement regardé mon expérience en vente et m'a dis que j'avais de belles paroles et promesses mais qu'il voulait me voir agir sur le plancher de vente. Peu de vérifications antérieures, pas beaucoup de questions sur la personnalité, personnel peu interessé ce qui se retrouve dans l'environnement de travail tous les jours une fois engagé.

Interview Questions

• Quelles ont été vos précédentes expériences de ventes au détail ?   1 Answer

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sears (Houston, TX (US)) in January-2015.

Interview

very simple process, initial email contact, followed by set time and date. Phone interview lasted 30 minutes very in depth questions. I feel that I answered all questions successfully.

Agile Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Chicago, IL (US)) in May-2009.

Interview

Phone screening and 3 rounds of interviews with various types of teammembers

Interview Questions

• What cutting edge technology have you recently studied and advantages.   1 Answer
    • What are the negatives of C#   Answer Question

Consultative Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sears (Johnson City, NY (US)) in July-2016.

Interview

Very easy, was honestly a breeze. I came into the store and met the manager in his room and we talked about what the job was gonna be like, pay, etc. We talked about the skills of the job and what was necessary for the job. Also talked about pay.

Consultative Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Manchester, NH (US)).

Interview

After filling out the online application, I was contacted by e-mail shortly afterwards to set up an interview. The interview process was 3 different interviews. First with a random manager, then with your will be department manager, next the Ops Manager (second in command in a Sears retail store). With my interview, each manager let me know how they felt about me the second the interview was over, and then let me know when the next interview would be.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult or unexpected, every question can be found in a basic interview book.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For the commission sales, there is no negotiation phase in it. It's straight commission (no chance for a base by company policy).

Consultative Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sears (Fayetteville, NC (US)) in June-2012.

Interview

I applied on a Tuesday and was called the next day for an interview. My interview was on the third day and it was pretty simple. One on one. The manager stated he really did not know where to put me, but loved my personality and found a place for me quite easily. It was a very relaxed interview. I don't think any serious questions were asked. It was just like having a normal convo about yourself. I had a 2nd interview with the ASM, but this was just simple policy. I already had the job by the 1st interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The job was base pay + commission

Consultative Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Orland Park, IL (US)) in June-2009.

Interview

It was actually pretty easy. There will be some personal questions about times in your life. For example, they might ask you a time when you struggled, and how you overcame it. They'll also tell you a lot of stuff about the job and how it works, and then basically expect you to regurgitate the information, so pay close attention.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, you just accept the offer they give you. For me, it was minimum wage to start, then $6 base pay plus commission after a month. Make sure they actually start paying you commission. Don't let them hold it back from you or force you to give it to somebody else.

Consultative Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

Sears is always hiring because of the HUGE turn over rate. The interviews consist of verification of you breathing.

Interview Questions

• Can you use a computer (seriously)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. You will get paid below minimum wage and usually not have enough customers actually come into the store to make much more than minimum wage.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sears in July-2012.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews with varying levels of management. Usually goes from meeting with H.R., then off to a random manager of a specific department (usually whoever is unlucky enough to be on duty), then a final interview with your potential manager OR the Operations Manager. The questions are fairly easy and none are unexpected. Be prepared to explain how your experiences (if any) relate to the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Sears, specifically.   1 Answer

Consultative Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sears (Tacoma, WA (US)) in September-2012.

Interview

I had to interview with 3 different people before they finally offered me a position. I thought they were all positive and maybe just didn't know where to place me. I followed up and made sure to call them at least once a week. It took me a month to be hired on.

Interview Questions

• Always difficult to come up with past experiences to relate to 'how did you handle this situation in the past' questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Needed work so there was really no negotiation. You need to say you are available for all hours, every day of the week and that helps. Just don't expect any pay increases. They don't happen.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.