Scotiabank Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

2.8

Sort:

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank (London, ON) in November-2016.

Interview

Appel téléphonique avec questions fit + interview RH et operationnel très techniques.
    personnel agréable pas trop de stress. Les entretiens se déroulent selon la convenance du candidat. Les locaux sont agréables

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Calgary, AB) in January-2018.

Interview

L’entretien s’est déroulé avec deux chefs de service. Les questions ont porté essentiellement sur mon expérience. Aucun assessment, ou cas pratique n’a été fait. Par ailleurs, la personnalité est un point qui a été évalué, résistance au stress, communication, relationnel,...

Interview Questions

• Comment réagissez-vous face à une grosse charge de travail ?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatineau, QC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Gatineau, QC) in April-2017.

Interview

Le processus a pris 1 mois et demi. J'ai été convoqué après 3 semaines à faire une entrevue automatique où l'on te pose questions d'ordre générales. Après, si les réponses enregistrées que tu donne via le moniteur automatique sont acceptés par le conseiller des ressources humaines, l'étape suivant est de passer une entrevue par vidéoconférence. Les questions et l'atmosphères sont presque identique à une entrevue en personne.

Interview Questions

• Quel est la chose que ton ancien employeur vous a demandé de changer en vous?   Answer Question
    • Quel est votre objectif dans 5 ans?   Answer Question
    • Comment allez vous me convaincre de l'utilisation de nos services en ligne?   Answer Question

Bilingual Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON) in September-2016.

Interview

I have appied online and received an email containing a link for a Virtual interview.
    There have been overall 11 questions. 5 in French and 6 in English. The questions were quiet easy, especially for the English ones. If I pass this stage, I should be contacted by the HR for an hour phone interview.

Interview Questions

• - Expliquez à un client le fonctionnement d'une carte de débit.
      - What is your salary expectations.   1 Answer

Agent Service clientèle Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Montreal, QC) in February-2017.

Interview

- Appel téléphonique skype avec employee de HR
    - Activité en ligne ( il faut faire attention aux petits details)
    - Beaucoup de question mise en contexte
    -test de Compétences et personnalités
    - Background check pour credit

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Ontario, CA (US)) in December-2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call shortly after. I was scheduled for an in-person interview during the call which occurred within a few days. I received an offer within the same week of the interview. Very easy process that was straight forward and extremely comfortable to follow.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

Interview

One 30-min interview on campus. Just basic questions about prior experience; run through resume. Two technical questions.The interviewer was very nice and helpful when it came to the technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY (US)) in May-2014.

Interview

The managers were engaging in terms of having a conversation with me about where I'm headed in my career. They were new to the firm and feeling out the landscape for themselves as well but very open individuals in terms of discussing what issues they have and how I may be part of the solution.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY (US)) in January-2010.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center and got a phone call 2 weeks later and was scheduled for a phone interview with one of the analysts. The analyst was nice and asked a few technical questions over the phone. After given a short summary of the bank's history I was asked to pick a time for the following week to come in for an interview.
    On the interview day I met with the analyst (briefly), an associate director and one co-head (the other person was too busy to come interview me) of the team.
    There were no technical questions, although the co-head did give me a case study and asked for solutions to the problem.
    The people are very nice and laid back. They weren't there to give anyone a hard time and didn't pull anything nasty during the interview. The USA branch still seems quite small and, by hearing bits and pieces from them, it seems like there's a lot of turnovers and staff rotating.

The only thing that soured the process is that I never heard back from them. I would have expected some decency to let the candidate know that the position was filled, but I never got any responses to follow ups.

IB Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scotiabank in November-2016.

Interview

Applied through university. Had a phone interview with a couple of people. Interviews had some technical questions and some questions based on your resume. Technical ones were not very difficult.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.