Scotiabank Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,204 of over 1.2k interviews

Campus Recruiting13%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Scotiabank

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview

Unfriendly. It felt they were looking for a super(wo)man who should send out deliverables while interviewing. It's one of those outlier interviews that everyone goes through. It was a red flag indicative of a toxic workplace for me, so I declined the second round of interview.

Interview Questions
  • I had gone for a technical role as the job description stated. They asked me situational questions which were normal. But as I walked them through with my thought process, they kept adding hypothetical situations as if they wanted me for some outer space assignment to mars.
    1 Answer

Scotiabank

Application

I interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview

Absolutely terrible company, terrible personal skills. HR called me on a Tuesday saying they loved my resume( that too randomly after hours), he asked if I had any offers or final rounds, in which I said yes I have final rounds and am waiting back on offers and replies. He followed by saying that’s exciting, we’ll expedite the process as quick as we can from my side so you have the best experience. He said he’d get a coworker to set up an interview by Friday and ended off saying this job is a great fit me and vice versa saying he looks forward to speaking with me again. I wait a few days, wait until Friday for an interview confirmation until I get a straight rejection email for the position. You can take away what you take from this review but I am disgusted and disappointed in this “big bank”. Have never been told that I am a great fit for the role, be told the process would be expedited, be told an interview confirmation is coming and it never did. I even moved a few of my other interviews into the future for this.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Scotiabank

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview

Very smooth process and the recruiter kept candidates in the loop in terms of the timeline and what to expect throughout the entire process. There was an initial phone screening and and candidates were asked to complete the PLUM personality assessment. The second interview was a 2-part interview with HR/recruiters in the first half and 2 managers in the second half.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Scotiabank

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview

The number of interviewers are usually 2-3 interviewers and start off with your introduction with education. Then they ask about your past work experiences and your future goals with situational questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Scotiabank

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview

It took 1 month+ with 3 rounds. In first round I spoke to the analyst who was working while talking to me which was a bit weird to me. Then I did 1 test which was fairly simple and took me 3 hours to finish. Then I had a zoom call with associates. This is where I got the test of the culture of the company and I started getting awkward. I could clearly see the rivalry amongst the associates and the way they were treating each other as well as me. Very arrogant and pompous behavior. Very rude while asking questions and mostly they were working even when I was answering them. All of them were from different teams and this is not even earnings season. God knows whats going on with them. I already have experience in the research industry so I know how things should work and what I saw was not good. They asked me about ranking of the bank on the street and when I quoted the ranking agency they spent lot of time convincing me how their ranking is not fair, how they have the best analysts but investors don't submit ranking within deadline which costs them their ranking and what not. The overall culture and research department looks very toxic. Not sure if anyone wants to waste their time here.

Interview Questions
  • Fairly regular questions with analyst like pitch me a stock. How would you compare 2 projects. Tell me what sectors are going to benefit from covid recovery. Which sectors are not impressive even post covid run, etc.

Scotiabank

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview

First there is a Behavioral interview in which they ask about your experience in technology and finance. Then there is a technical interview where they confirm your knowledge in programming. Finally, there is a secondary behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON) in Jun 2021

Interview

I did a plum profile where I had to solve puzzles and answer personality related questions. Afterwards, I did a video interview and was asked questions by the computer system.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON) in Jun 2021

Interview

They asked quite a lot of things to do when applying. You first have to make a profile and take a personality test on a certain platform. Then, they asked for a one-way interview which consists of 4 questions in total but nothing technical.

Interview Questions
  • Q1. Describe yourself. Q2. Why do you think you're fit in this position. Q3. I forgot :(

Scotiabank

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview

Buena y ágil, muy atentos y amables, muy transparentes y sobre todo interesados en tu experiencia laboral. Las prestaciones que ofrecen son buenas, aun no finalizó el proceso, pero sin duda es un lugar en donde me encantaría laborar

Interview Questions
  • Logros que haya obtenido en mi experiencia laboral

Scotiabank

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank

Interview

There were two rounds of the interviews. The first one is more focused on the technical skills and the second one is related to project-based questions. Both are group interviews and takes around one hour each.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,204 Interviews