Scotiabank Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Scotiabank Interview Questions

Updated 17 Apr, 2019
907 Interview Reviews

Experience

Experience
66%
22%
12%

Getting an Interview

Getting an Interview
49%
20%
13%
7
7
2
2

Difficulty

2.8
Average

Difficulty

Hard
Average
Easy

Candidate Interview Reviews

Filter

Filter

Sort: PopularDateDifficulty
Sort:
  1. Helpful (3)  

    Investment Banking Analyst Interview

    Anonymous Employee in London, ON
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Difficult Interview

    Application

    I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank (London, ON) in November-2016.

    Interview

    Appel téléphonique avec questions fit + interview RH et operationnel très techniques.
    personnel agréable pas trop de stress. Les entretiens se déroulent selon la convenance du candidat. Les locaux sont agréables

    Interview Questions


  2. Helpful (2)  

    Human Resources Consultant Interview

    Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Calgary, AB) in January-2018.

    Interview

    L’entretien s’est déroulé avec deux chefs de service. Les questions ont porté essentiellement sur mon expérience. Aucun assessment, ou cas pratique n’a été fait. Par ailleurs, la personnalité est un point qui a été évalué, résistance au stress, communication, relationnel,...

    Interview Questions

    • Comment réagissez-vous face à une grosse charge de travail ?   1 Answer
  3. Helpful (17)  

    Customer Service Representative Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatineau, QC
    No Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied online. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Gatineau, QC) in April-2017.

    Interview

    Le processus a pris 1 mois et demi. J'ai été convoqué après 3 semaines à faire une entrevue automatique où l'on te pose questions d'ordre générales. Après, si les réponses enregistrées que tu donne via le moniteur automatique sont acceptés par le conseiller des ressources humaines, l'étape suivant est de passer une entrevue par vidéoconférence. Les questions et l'atmosphères sont presque identique à une entrevue en personne.

    Interview Questions

    • Quel est la chose que ton ancien employeur vous a demandé de changer en vous?   Answer Question
    • Quel est votre objectif dans 5 ans?   Answer Question
    • Comment allez vous me convaincre de l'utilisation de nos services en ligne?   Answer Question

  4. Helpful (24)  

    Bilingual Customer Service Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    No Offer
    Positive Experience
    Easy Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON) in September-2016.

    Interview

    I have appied online and received an email containing a link for a Virtual interview.
    There have been overall 11 questions. 5 in French and 6 in English. The questions were quiet easy, especially for the English ones. If I pass this stage, I should be contacted by the HR for an hour phone interview.

    Interview Questions

    • - Expliquez à un client le fonctionnement d'une carte de débit.
      - What is your salary expectations.   1 Answer

  5.  

    Agent Service clientèle Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC
    No Offer
    Neutral Experience
    Difficult Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Montreal, QC) in February-2017.

    Interview

    - Appel téléphonique skype avec employee de HR
    - Activité en ligne ( il faut faire attention aux petits details)
    - Beaucoup de question mise en contexte
    -test de Compétences et personnalités
    - Background check pour credit

    Interview Questions


  6.  

    CSR Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
    Declined Offer
    Positive Experience
    Easy Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Toronto, ON) in March-2016.

    Interview

    Entretin très facil, les professionnels vous mettent très vite à l’aise. Les questions sont très basiques et situationnelles. La réponse des employeurs arrive environ 5 à une semaine après. Pour les bilingues, il faut passer deux entretiens différents.

    Interview Questions


  7. Helpful (7)  

    Analyst Interview

    Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA (US)
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Easy Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (Ontario, CA (US)) in December-2017.

    Interview

    Applied online and received a phone call shortly after. I was scheduled for an in-person interview during the call which occurred within a few days. I received an offer within the same week of the interview. Very easy process that was straight forward and extremely comfortable to follow.

    Interview Questions

  8. Helpful (7)  

    Intern Interview

    Anonymous Employee
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Scotiabank.

    Interview

    One 30-min interview on campus. Just basic questions about prior experience; run through resume. Two technical questions.The interviewer was very nice and helpful when it came to the technical questions.

    Interview Questions

    Negotiation

    No negotiation


  9. Helpful (2)  

    Administrative Assistant Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    No Offer
    Negative Experience
    Easy Interview

    Application

    I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY (US)) in February-2018.

    Interview

    Very disorganized. I was contacted on Linked-In by "messenger" by one of the Recruiters. I responded immediately as usual to email or messenger requests. I did not hear back from the person who contact me for 10 days; and that was because I sent a message to follow up. Then the recruiter said, I would be hearing from another recruiter because she did not have time to speak with me. The next person that called me was from the Canada Office and I am in New York. So I passed the phone interview, and next I was supposed to have a meeting with the 2 Managers that I would be working for. No communication again for a week. Once again, I contacted them to follow up on the process and I was passed off to a rude HR Administrative Assistant who coordinates interviews. Well she finally did contact me at 6:10pm on a Friday evening in a snow storm and asked me to come into their offices for an Interview at 7:30am that Monday. With no consideration that I would have to tell my boss that I would be coming to work late that day. When I asked for there was another time available because I would have to let my boss and co-workers know that I might be late Monday morning. She said, "no" that is the only time available. And, after this phone call I eliminated from the process. This process, needless to say, left a very bad impression of their lack of consideration and professionalism. I understand Managers are busy; however, you cannot tell me that there were no other time slots on the person's calendar. Besides the total lack of consideration for my time schedule. If this is the way they treat their candidates, I can only imagine how they treat their employees.

    Interview Questions

    • For the phone interview, it was typical questions: Tell me about yourself? Tell me about a difficult situation and how you cleared it up?   Answer Question

  10.  

    Senior Business Analyst Interview

    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Accepted Offer
    Neutral Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Scotiabank (New York, NY (US)) in May-2014.

    Interview

    The managers were engaging in terms of having a conversation with me about where I'm headed in my career. They were new to the firm and feeling out the landscape for themselves as well but very open individuals in terms of discussing what issues they have and how I may be part of the solution.

    Interview Questions


Don't Miss Out On a Job You Love
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.