SS&C Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

SS&C Interview Questions

Updated 23 Apr, 2018

2.6

Investor Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranford, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SS&C (Cranford, NJ (US)).

Interview

Met with multiple members of management and went over past experience and how it relates to the job. Spoke about what I would be doing on a daily basis. They didn’t really as me any hard or uncanny questions. Average run of the mill interview questions for the most part

Interview Questions

• What kind of finance experience do you have   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SS&C.

Interview

Stay away! Long, unnecessarily drawn out, periods where they go dark on you. I also suspect they retained information I gave them in response to their current competitive challenges questions.I should have heeded the advice on glassdoor and not started this process. Stay away! They will sap hours of your time for no good reason (I gave them about 20 of mine). They gave me conflicting explanations as to why the role was open. Met/spoke with 11 people - including the CEO - over a 3 month period. They will go dark on you for weeks at a time and then circle back. Apparently there were multiple people in the running, but 3 months later was notified no one was a fit and they're re-opening the role. They must have ample time on their hands to be able to interview with this frequency. Unless you are looking for a long/drawn out process without an ounce of feedback for a role that may/may not be filled stay away!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at SS&C.

Interview

The Interview process was smooth and fast. The HR reviewed my application and scheduled an interview with the hiring manager via email. I had only one interview with the hiring manager. We talked about my prior related work experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my relevant experience to the position I have applied to. Nothing tricky   Answer Question

Client Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SS&C.

Interview

First is a phone interview then on-site interview with 6 people. If you hold an IT degree don’t waste your time with them. They want someone with an IT background and skillset, but they would prefer to hire someone with no experience other than waitressing and an economic degree. There are better companies out there. Do your self a favor, don’t waste your time.

P/E Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SS&C (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January-2018.

Interview

interview process very fast and it's a nice experience. The office is very nice and people are very friendly. They talked about a lot about what the job is like and they want to make sure if you are willing to learn.

Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Interview

This was a phone screen and we discussed the role, the job description and the location. I didn't accept or decline this role. Instead, I haven't heard back from them yet.

Investor Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SS&C (Windsor, CT (US)).

Interview

Felt disorganized. Was scheduled to sit with two people two different times, so a total of four people but between an interview someone else came in and started asking me questions. Stated that the work they do there is "B***h" work and that they just make the rich richer. Another person in the interview stated that sometimes you can be there till 11 p.m. Was thrown off when they asked me what I just heard someone ask what was just stated to me. Stupid of me to not take notes. If you want the job take notes during the interview and review them in between interview sessions. Was not going to accept the offer if another offer was presented to myself so it didn't even bother me when they rejected me. Seems like a poisonous environment.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SS&C (Evansville, IN (US)) in October-2017.

Interview

Overall everyone involved in the interview process was very professional, from the phone pre screening interview, to the series of interviews by managers of different departments. The only negative I would have is the fact that the interviewee's dress requirements are much higher than the staff.

Interview Questions

• Describe the journal entries required for dividends declaration and dividend payout.   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranford, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SS&C (Cranford, NJ (US)).

Interview

A joke... and at this point they will hire anyone that is willing to put up with all he garbage I listed in my review. Interviewed in 2012. Please enter 30 words.

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

very easy, they lie all the time. They said SSC has very good work life balance. But the truth is you have to work over time without pay and even work during the weekend.