SS&C Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 20 Nov, 2018

2.6

Sort:

Associate Interview

Interview

Quick phone screening followed by on-site interview where you meet one on one with several members. All pretty straight forward background and behavioral questions. People all seemed friendly and kept it casual for the most part.

Interview Questions

• What achievement are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrison, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at SS&C (Harrison, NY (US)) in August-2011.

Interview

Met with several managing directors in Harrison. Overall, everyone was very nice and the process did not take long. We talked about experience and product knowledge as well as career aspirations

Interview Questions

• Interested in my experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got an offer and did not counter. The salary met my expectations at that time.

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at SS&C (New York, NY (US)) in December-2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews then a marathon series of in person with management. Topics were wide ranged across business and technology. Roles and responsibilities. Details on the opportunity. Discussion of how my background would lend itself.

Interview Questions

• Product knowledge, technical knowledge   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SS&C in April-2017.

Interview

In phone hr screen, and hiring manager phone interview. Hiring manager asked a lot of questions on technology and work, wheras the recuiter identified me via linkedin. Overall it was ok, but the manager seemed inexperienced.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranford, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SS&C (Cranford, NJ (US)).

Interview

Applied online, got called to interview in-person at Cranford office. Upon arrival I noticed people in the office walking around in jeans or shorts and a t-shirt. It was clear right away I was overdressed in a suit. Interviewed with someone claiming to be the President there. She specifically told me I would hear back in one week. After the interview I sent out a thank you email, all the standard stuff. Waited a week and nothing. Waited 2 weeks and nothing. I sent a follow up to reiterate my interest. Nothing. I never heard from them again. Very lousy people management skills on their part. If a candidate is brought in to interview in your office, the least you could do is let them know you're declining. It was downright rude the way they handled it. I would not want to work with a company that does that anyway. Good riddance.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions up until the interviewer started asking debit/credit questions out of left field. I had not prepared for them, but they weren't extremely difficult.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SS&C (Windsor, CT (US)).

Interview

I applied online and got a call from them maybe a few days to a week later. The person calling asked basic questions, what I wanted for salary, and 3 adjectives that describe me. After she said that I would be getting an email, which I did about 3-5 days later, about an on-site interview.

The interview was 3 hours long with 4 different people. It was more of a relaxed conversation with each of them, bring their own point of views and such. It has been one week so I still do not know if I have an offer yet.

Interview Questions

• Based on the conversation and where it goes, they may ask different questions.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SS&C (Columbus, OH (US)) in June-2017.

Interview

2 hour long interview, 1 hour with 2 people and another hour with 3 people. I did not originally apply for this job. I had applied for a finance related position while out of town but the position had been filled before I returned. The recruiter convinced me I would be perfect for the position because "they usually hire a finance person for the analytical skills needed. They have software that does the accounting stuff." In the middle of the second half of the interview, I wanted nothing more than to stand up and leave. The main interviewer kept turning my resume over as if more information would magically appear and chuckling to himself. He told me they wanted a someone with a degree in accounting and started recommending other departments to me. He actually asked how I had gotten the interview and started criticizing the recruiter and the recruiting process. I chalk this interview up as being the worst one I have ever had and I will never work for this company.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer started grilling me with accounting questions when I was mid-sentence answering another's question.   Answer Question

Investor Relations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SS&C (Windsor, CT (US)) in October-2014.

Interview

The first point of contact was over the phone which lasted about 15-20 minutes. I was asked to come in for an in-person interview at which point I met with a panel of 4. The following week I was notified that the position had been filled but there was the same role available on a different team so I was asked to come in for another set of interviews. I met with a different manager (whom I was supposed to meet with the first time around but she was switched at the last minute) and the assistant manager. The manager in this case talked so much that she basically interviewed herself. I barely got more than 5 minutes in to discuss my suitability for the role. I was able to have better dialogue with the Asst. Mgr. That same week they checked my references. After that point I did not hear anything from HR. I sent an email to check if the role had been filled and heard nothing. This was quite unprofessional in my opinion, however, I think everything happens for a reason.

Investor Relations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SS&C (Windsor, CT (US)) in January-2013.

Interview

Took forever to get hired...over a month and a half. I had to constantly follow up with the HR person. I had came in twice for interviews. The first time, I met with three different people and then the second time, I interviewed with one person. No questions were asked regarding my qualifications for the job.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't really asked any questions about the position. The interview was really more like a social conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very short. After interviews, I met in HR and discussed salary expectations. When the offer was made, I received an offer letter that I signed and sent back.

Investor Relations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SS&C.

Interview

Brief phone screening, which then led to an in person interview scheduled for the next week. The interview was with 4 different people, all back to back. The first few people asked me to tell them about myself, and expand details on my resume. I wasn't aware I'd be interviewing with so many people, so I ran out of questions to ask by the time I got to the last manager.

There were no question asked about my qualifications, and in fact, when one manager was explaining to me the position duties and role details he said it was probably going to go right over my head because I had no direct experience in the field. I thought that was a little rude because I had a pretty clear idea of what he was talking about he just didn't ask me any questions to prove that I did. In sum, the interviews were all mostly just them talking about the job and me asking them questions about it. Low stress.

I didn't hear back from them for two weeks. When I finally did, it was from HR. They asked me to come in for a second interview. They made me re-fill out the job application paperwork and send it back to them which I thought was odd. When I went into the office, expecting it to be a follow up interview on the original position, I found myself speaking to a different employee who had no idea who I was and thought I was there for the first time for a new interview. I found out that I was now interviewing for the same role in a completely different team. I wish they told me that beforehand. It just caught me off guard a bit. I met with 4 different people. I had to re ask the same exact questions from my first interview because I hadn't prepared for a completely different set of interviewers for the same exact role. Why were they interviewing me again for the same role, no idea.

This time the questions were a bit harder. I was asked about my long term goals, if I could multitask and to give examples of when I had to use multitasking, I was asked if I've ever dealt with a conflict in any of my previous positions and how i resolved it, and I was asked if "I watched the game last night", and then asked about my hobbies. Finally, for my final interview, the VP came in to speak with me. She didn't ask about my qualifications, or details about my resume. She simply came in, asked if I had any questions and what I liked or disliked about the role and went from there. She then kept telling me that this job wouldn't be for me if I wasn't capable of working under a high stress, fast pace, unstructured, high stake position. I tired to explain that I've dealt with angry customers before in my previous retail jobs but she shut down my example by saying, if I think angry retail customers are bad, you don't truly know what an angry customer is. And she continued to try and scare me by saying if i couldn't handle this aspect of the job, it wasn't the right fit for me, or if i couldn't deal with such and such, then this job wasn't for me. I had a feeling that she just didn't want to hire me.

Overall, my interview process was a little frustrating. Everyone was pretty nice,and HR was very professional, but I was very annoyed with having to do the same exact interview twice. My advice, if you are interviewing here, be prepared to speak with multiple people and don't ask the first employee you meet all of the questions you had prepared.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.