Rogers Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON) in April-2015.

Interview

I got the interview after attending an Open House event for Digital Jobs that were all open at Rogers. I made a couple of connections and contacts and kept in touch with a manager who was recruiting for a new team.
    The process was as follows:
    -Phone Interview
    -Two In-person Interviews

Interview Questions

• -Tell us about yourself
      -How would you improve the website, what do you like about it,
      -Tell us about a time when you had to work with a colleague who wasn't very cooperative
      -Lots of behavioral questions   Answer Question

Rogers Communications Response

12 Sep, 2017 – Human Resources

Thanks for attending one of our Open House events! We're glad that you were able to make meaningful connections and found the interview process positive. Welcome to the team!

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

First I filled out my job history and education online. I was taken from there to a questionairre which I filled out. The next day a recruiter called me and asked me a few questions, then I was interviewed in person where they asked pretty much the same questions. I did a test where they tested my typing speed and ability to use the internet to research.

Interview Questions

• If you had to go to a concert and couldn't change out your shift, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a set pay

Interview

A clean presentation and application of an innovative approach to further dominate the corporate cellular communications consumer stronghold by reaching a "niche" market of new economic clientele as to offer more flexible option to one year term and monthly device management lease costs. Affordable to the young population and wireless devices that are the latest in technological advances and quality name brands as I Phone commanding high retail commitment and 2 year commitments.

Interview Questions

• How do you as a corporate leadership in business development see the new age of social app and network marketing shrinking an already demanding and competitive placement in a completely commanding e commerce and e finance.   1 Answer
    • Can you foster an open approach to adopt a more flexible term contract guideline to ensure an even more widely diverse clientele within a much tighter economy and limited monthly income.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secret Town, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Secret Town, CA (US)) in June-2013.

Interview

Stupid standard HR questions like What are your weaknesses/strength?
    Why Should We Hire You Over the Other Applicants? It's a stupid question because you will not meet the other applicants for the job, and have no way to compare yourself to them, dah!

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rogers Communications in September-2017.

Interview

After applying was sent a bunch of online tests. The first one was essentially a phone call simulation using different screens. The other tests were behavioural and IQ kind of questions.

I was then asked for a phone interview the next day. The phone interviewer goes over your resume and the job posting in further detail. Then proceeds to ask more behavioural/ scenario questions. Some of the questions threw me off like "Describe a time where you handled a difficult situation with "Enthusiasm/Optimism"? However, the interviewer was really understanding thankfully which really boosted my overall experience.

Was offered an in-person interview, however, I had to decline as they wanted to start the next week. I have an obligation to my other job and would like to give them a proper notice of leave.

Interview Questions

• Why work for Rogers?   Answer Question
    • You get a call and the customer complains that they have been on standby/hold for over 30 minutes. They have a router and are unsure if they have the correct parts for it. What would you do?   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

The interview may seem easy and straightforward but it is hard if you're not answering the questions right they're just going to cut the interview short like 20 minutes and then you're not hired

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

I went to the rogers company and have an interview with a sales manager. The manager was very nice and asked a few easy question such as tell me about yourself.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

I applied online. I was called a few weeks later and HR asked me if I was still interested. I confirmed I was and was invited for an interview. The interview went well, it lasted maybe 20 min then I was taken into the call centre to sit with an employee actively taking calls. After this I say with HR and I was asked if I could see myself doing this. I said yes then I started a couple weeks later lol

Interview Questions

• I honestly can't remember any question but they were all... "Tell me a time....?"   Answer Question

Production Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rogers Communications in July-2017.

Interview

Rogers in my experience post positions externally to almost exclusively fill internally. You get automated responses and not much else, and this is pretty much well know in the media business. I've given up applying for positions within production at Rogers based on this "closed loop" recruiting that other media companies in other countries are far advanced in breaking the cycle on.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

First you submit your resume, then you get a link for an online assessment, then you recieve a call, and then you do the in person interview with the manager

Executive Talent Acquisition Team Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

Found the front-line contact to be unprofessional and quite arrogant. (Eg: when he called me he said: "yeah....so-and-so" instead of hello. Also told me that I'd find "no better than Rogers")

The hiring manager was also quite unprofessional. Came in the room and said: "so, we have 30 minutes because I have a meeting right after". Which was a lie, because we spoke for 1.5 hours. Told me that she loved my candidacy and wanted me to meet the C-Suite. Told me that she "had ZERO expectations" coming in to meet me. (Um, thanks????)

It's too bad, because I ended up liking the hiring manager. Really bad first impression, though.

Overall, the feeling was conveyed that I should be so lucky to be contacted by Rogers.

In this tough candidate market, no company can afford to treat talent this way. I was not a fan of the approach at all.

Interview Questions

• 1) Probed 30x (it felt like it) why I was leaving my job.
      2) asked me what I knew about Rogers

No real formal questions after that. More conversational, which I prefer.   Answer Question

Rogers Communications Response

19 Jun, 2017 – Human Resources

We’re sorry that you didn’t have a great interview experience. We take candidate feedback very seriously and use it to help improve our recruiting processes. If you are interested in receiving... More