Rogers Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON) in April-2015.

Interview

I got the interview after attending an Open House event for Digital Jobs that were all open at Rogers. I made a couple of connections and contacts and kept in touch with a manager who was recruiting for a new team.
    The process was as follows:
    -Phone Interview
    -Two In-person Interviews

Interview Questions

• -Tell us about yourself
      -How would you improve the website, what do you like about it,
      -Tell us about a time when you had to work with a colleague who wasn't very cooperative
      -Lots of behavioral questions   Answer Question

Rogers Communications Response

12 Sep, 2017 – Human Resources

Thanks for attending one of our Open House events! We're glad that you were able to make meaningful connections and found the interview process positive. Welcome to the team!

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

First I filled out my job history and education online. I was taken from there to a questionairre which I filled out. The next day a recruiter called me and asked me a few questions, then I was interviewed in person where they asked pretty much the same questions. I did a test where they tested my typing speed and ability to use the internet to research.

Interview Questions

• If you had to go to a concert and couldn't change out your shift, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a set pay

Interview

A clean presentation and application of an innovative approach to further dominate the corporate cellular communications consumer stronghold by reaching a "niche" market of new economic clientele as to offer more flexible option to one year term and monthly device management lease costs. Affordable to the young population and wireless devices that are the latest in technological advances and quality name brands as I Phone commanding high retail commitment and 2 year commitments.

Interview Questions

• How do you as a corporate leadership in business development see the new age of social app and network marketing shrinking an already demanding and competitive placement in a completely commanding e commerce and e finance.   1 Answer
    • Can you foster an open approach to adopt a more flexible term contract guideline to ensure an even more widely diverse clientele within a much tighter economy and limited monthly income.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secret Town, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Secret Town, CA (US)) in June-2013.

Interview

Stupid standard HR questions like What are your weaknesses/strength?
    Why Should We Hire You Over the Other Applicants? It's a stupid question because you will not meet the other applicants for the job, and have no way to compare yourself to them, dah!

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

Applied online and had a 30 minute interview in person. I met with the Marketing Manager in charge of their Media department. The interview questions were mainly based on your experience and your skills relevant to the position instead of situational questions.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Burnaby, BC).

Interview

Applied over the weekend and did a phone interview a few days later. A week after the phone interview, I got a request for a Skype interview with the hiring manager who was based in Toronto (but role was in Vancouver). Had a different recruiter reach out each time for the phone interview and the Skype interview which I thought lacked consistency.

Two weeks later the hiring manager reached out for an in-person interview and sent a brief that needed to be accomplished prior to the interview. Basically needed to develop several pieces of collateral ready to publish (e-newsletter in HTML, web banner and advertorial), in addition to presenting three fleshed-out digital marketing campaign ideas for the product.

At this point, it felt more like an attempt to take advantage of a candidate’s eagerness and do their work for them.

Interview itself wasn’t eventful, although they (hiring manager + marketing manager who was based here) requested the working files. Although I rated this neutral, the overall experience wasn’t the best to be honest and left a bad taste in my mouth.

Total process took about 3 weeks, not including the wait after the in-person interview to learn my fate.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for with this role in terms of expectations?   1 Answer

Technical Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scarborough, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Scarborough, ON).

Interview

I applied online on Rogers Communications' Career's section. Within a week, I was extended an invitation for a phone interview, at the end of which I was offered an in-person interview for the next day, which had two people both asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Rogers? Do you know who our founder is? And our CEO?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any appointments or anything else that would prevent you from being present over the next six months?   Answer Question
    • A customer does not understand the instructions you've given them. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • How would you respond to a customer who has indicated that they have been on hold for thirty minutes already?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Rogers Communications.

Interview

- Was placed through a staffing agency who did the initial screening and thereafter referred to the hiring manager.
    - Next round was with the hiring manager directly. The friendly interviewer was quite experienced and knew how to abstract relevant information.
    - Was asked about relevant skills and experience in creative asset development and project management.

Interview Questions

• - Process Knowledge about various functions in Marcom development
      - Knowledge of Tools used in Project Management   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Mississauga, ON) in January-2018.

Interview

I applied in store and I had a reference from my friend plus I have over 4 years of experience in sales/retail so I thought I had a good chance. I was told to come in to drop off my resume so I came by and one of the associates told me the store manager I was supposed to speak to was on break so he asked me if I wanted to hand in my resume and I told him no that's fine ill come back in an hour. I came back after an hour and talked to the store manager she was really nice and she seemed pretty interested so she asked me to do an interview on the spot and I agreed. Before starting our interview she introduced me to the assistant manager which happen to be the same person that told me she was on her break earlier and I told her "yeah we've met each other" we than proceeded to do my interview. The questions I was asked by the store manager seemed pretty easy but the assistant manager literally asked me 10-15 questions and he kept trying to challenge me which I found really weird while the store manager just looked at him and smiled. I answered all the questions to the best of my ability but keep in mind it was an on the spot interview I had no time to prepare. At the end of it all the store manager gave me a pretty good response and while doing so the assistant manager totally cut her off and told me I answered the question wrong and then I explained to him how my answer was pretty much the same but worded differently and he agreed. I have many friends who applied at the same time as me and they were literally asked the most basic questions, had time to prepare, and were interviewed by one manager rather than two. I got a call from the assistant manager saying I did not get the job the voicemail was literally 3 seconds long and I couldn't even hear his voice. I can confidently say that I've always been good at interviews as a very social person and I had the skills to land the position on top of that I was referenced. I just think the assistant manager didn't like me it was clear from the beginning maybe because I didn't pay attention to him compared to the store manager.

Interview Questions

• What services does rogers offer?   Answer Question
    • Sell me your phone ... takes out his phone and says sell me your phone over mines he had a p10 plus   Answer Question
    • How would make a sale out of someone who is just coming in to pay their bill?   Answer Question

Rogers New Grad Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Brampton, ON).

Interview

I applied for the position online and received a call from an HR rep 3 weeks later. We chatted briefly about my experience and interests. I had an in-person interview with 3 technical managers a week later. Everyone was super friendly. The interview questions were all behavioural but we discussed technical aspects too. I received an offer 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• Very straight forward interview: know the company (technical and culture) and be able to articulate your experience (teamwork and technical).   Answer Question

Technical Support Consultant - Internet Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rogers Communications (Toronto, ON) in December-2017.

Interview

I received the call the same day I applied for the job on the Rogers website. I had a phone interview where I was asked scenario based questions. They just want to check the customer service skills. Then I was scheduled for in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based question: If a customer calls saying their internet is not working. How would you guide them?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you are late for work?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal a customer who is frustated and had to wait 15 minutes to talk to a representative?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if the customer does not understand what you are explaining to them?   1 Answer