Morgan Stanley Java Developer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 42 of over 4.8k interviews

Recruiter18%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai) in Jun 2021

Interview

first I received a screening call from Morgan Stanely regarding my current profile, current CTC, and expected CTC, then after a day, a hacker rank test is scheduled which consists of one coding problem, one SQL problem, and one section for java multithreading and one for spring framework.

Interview Questions
  • hacker rank test which consists of coding problem, and java, spring MCQs.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New Delhi)

Interview

I got call directly from recruiter. 1. hackerrank test. shortlisted for WIT drive. 2 Technical discussions 1 Technical + managerial discussion 1 HR discussion cleared all rounds but no calls from recruiters after the event. taken follow up and there was rejection mail within an hour. After 1.5 months, out of nowhere they mailed, we are processing your profile for further rounds and keep more technical discussion and keep you as a back up They misuse their brand name and keep beating around the bush.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Morgan Stanley

Application

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview

It went smooth. First round was online coding test and second round was having technical discussion. Over all interview was full of questions of coding and java related theoretical questions.

Interview Questions
  • What is reflective API , Multi threading concepts and questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Morgan Stanley

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn of recruiting agency. They called me to incorp me discussing hourly rate and skills. They sent my RTR to Morgan stanley. After 2-3 weeks, MS asked for first interview availability. Got no response after that. 3-4 weeks after, they said I cleared first interview, asked for 2nd interview availability. No response after that...

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Morgan Stanley

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview

Interview consisted of 4 rounds.I have cleared first round and post that I have gotten an email stating further 3 rounds are scheduled .After my 2nd round I was waiting for 3rd round to happen which did not and there was not any communication about that also. I have emailed HR but there was no response.Finally after a day I got an automated email stating not selected. Ideally if the rounds are like elimination they should be informed first instead of scheduling all and blocking our time and without giving proper updates.This is pathetic

Interview Questions
  • Multithreading and Concurrency Hashmap Blocking queue LinkedHashMap Implementation Immutable class Implementation Design notepad with search functionality
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bangalore) in Jul 2020

Interview

The number of rounds are not fixed , it depends on team to team.For me there was 4. I could reach up to R3. - Telephonic,Zoom Call, Telephonic-Design and Aptitude question. R1 - Most question on thread and collection framework and couple of implementation question. R2- String based ds question and collection internal functionality. There was extensive discussion on GC and GC algorithms . Questions on transaction management and complex SQL queries(Joins). R3- Interview with senior manager in MS . This was the worst round as the interviewer was not interested . He started with basic interface question and then went upto open ended design questions. He further went up to Queue DS - how DQ works and blocking queue .This person did not agree to any answer and seems very disinterested in talking the round. HR called me and told the feedback is not that positive and we will reschedule your interview to another team as we have multiple requirement and all crap . But later they sent a rejection mail.

Interview Questions
  • Q- How to find whether if a permutation of a string can be a palindrome ? Q- Find sum of two number =K in an sorted and unsorted array? Q-Hashmap internal working and where can you use identityHashMap Q-Design a realtime dashboard where you would display top 10 players in a game. Q-Design an algorithm to schedule a match within N teams where each match is elimination?How would you handle if you have N%2=1(where N is odd)? On what basis you would sit out a team and play another Q-How would you send and receive XML as Req and Res in REST Q-How would you inject a prototype bean into Singleton bean Q-What are the alternatives to Databases ? How can you compute 1 billion records in a distributed system? How would you breakdown data and remerge the results across distributed systems. Q- Find the longest prefix of words in a string of array Q- MQ vs Rest Services - Which is best in what scenario? Q- In what scenario thread becomes heavy weight ?
15 people found this interview helpful

Morgan Stanley

Application

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview

One Hacker rank test followed by 4 technical rounds and an HR round. They basically focus on Java concepts and DS Algorithms. Also, they ask you about the internal working of collections like hashmaps and treemaps. Multithreading is something you have to prepare a lot to get through all the tech rounds.

Interview Questions
  • How does priority queues and TreeMap works internally?
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai) in May 2020

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 to 4 rounds, depending on the recruiter. The rounds would be similar to the following: - Java basics and advanced level telephonic round - Pair programming via zoom call - System design questions - Problem solving based for a particular scenario

Interview Questions
  • Java Collections and Multi threading
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in Aug 2019

Interview

Extremely disorganized and frustrating. One of the worst interviews I have given till date. The interviewer was extremely rude and reluctant to even accept the correct answers. The interview line-up was completely different from the given schedule. I only had 2 interviews onsite instead of 5. They absolutely do not respect the candidate's time and efforts.

Interview Questions
  • Basic questions on Java collections, multithreading, design patterns
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Budapest

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest)

Interview

Phone screening, technical one. In person interview 3 parts. Two of the technical one HR. It took 3-4 hours. Third was a team fit interview with 3 team leads. It was shorter about 1,5 hours.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Interviews