Microsoft Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Microsoft Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

2.9

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Really easy and chill. Phone call followed by two onsite interviews. Phone interview is super trivial, hardest part is probably getting selected for it. The onsite interviews are lit because they give you a sick food allowance to get room service at the hotel, so you can grab a handle and get busy with the other interviewees over a steak dinner

Interview Questions

• How do you reverse a string?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

No coding challenge. Had to do two technical questions back to back, one on binary trees and how to create and check for balance, and another on reversing a sentence string. the second was straight from leetcode

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and I got scheduled for a technical interview. The interview was done online using codility and I was asked to solve a coding question. The interviewer was very kind during the interview.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The interview mainly was on a coding problem, the problem was somewhat difficult for the given time frame, but not impossible to complete. Overall the process was smooth and went well.

Interview Questions

• The coding problem was around Leetcode level medium to hard.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

The first round was a phone interview where the recruiter asked a mix of behavioral and technical questions. The second round was live coding challenges that lasted a couple of hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where there was conflict in a group you were in.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Pretty painless for a explore internship interview. I had 3 45-minute interviews back to back. One interview had a technical question, the other two were mostly behavioral. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

• A question about string interpolation   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Over the phone - coding module; If passed, you will go through another over the phone coding module. If successful, you will be invited for In person interviews at the Microsoft HQ in Seattle which consist of at least 3 separate interviews

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft in November 2020.

Interview

Very streamline standard process, phone interview then virtual onsite interview with two engineers. Phone was behavioral with one question thats a pretty open ended algorithm question. Onsite interviews were a little behavioral and mostly technical. One technical question per interviewer. Received decision a couple days after interview.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2020.

Interview

Applied online in August. Got a phone interview in late september. 2 LC easy. Heard back next day for onsite in late october. 2 LC Medium, 45 min each. 2 Days later got the offer.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Applied online no referral. First round was a phone interview. Was told to expect a mix of technical and behavioral questions. The interviewer was very pleasant and friendly. Was notified of final round invitation a week later.

Final round came around and the coldness of the interviewers caught me off guard. The first interviewer was late and did not introduce himself to me. He could not figure out how to share his codility link with me. I had to answer all of his questions verbally without sharing any screen. The second final round interviewer talked about himself and then my resume and questions about myself for the first 80% of what was supposed to be a technical interview. At the end he only allowed me around 5 minutes to work on the technical problem through codility. I verbally solved it and said what I would do if I had more time.

Interview Questions

• Why Microsoft?

Return the smallest integer in a circularly sorted array.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.