Microsoft Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Microsoft Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

2.9

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Description of my resumé, slowly analyzing and describing my solution to the problem as I went, and some ways to optimize my original solution. At the end you get an opportunity to ask a question or two about the company or the work that the interviewer does.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of sequential numbers, there will be two missing numbers from the sequence. Print those two numbers.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The interview was smooth. The questions the person asked me were pretty decent and relied heavily on data structures, specially trees and arraylists. He was peculiar about the syntax in the code, and thats where i think i might have had issues.

Interview Questions

• Describe the projects on your resume   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied online through my university, had the first round interview, and did not qualify for the second round. Others qualified for the second round and were flown out to Seattle, Washington.

Interview Questions

• Given a document like a newspaper, count all instances of each unique word. But make exceptions for words like "computer science." Although they are 2 separate words, they have 1 meaning together.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

One Leetcode Medium, Interviewer asked about background and proceeded to technical question. Interview was not so difficult, but at the time I was not familiarized with Leetcode so I hope I can do better next time,.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I applied online with an invitation from a recruiter through LinkedIn, got an in person interview on campus with an engineer, it was a 1-1 interview. The next step is on-site, most likely in Seattle.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Microsoft product?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied online and ended up doing an on-campus interview. Showed up to an employee that seemed like he wanted no part in the hiring process, which is understandable but still kind of disheartening.

Interview Questions

• String sorting and reordering.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

First round of interview was a couple STAR questions then one technical question. Was invited on site and had four rounds of technical questions. No personal/STAR questions whatsoever. All of my interviewers were dead inside. I asked one interviewer how his day was going and he said “stressful”. None of them took notes and I think one of them came up with the questions on the spot. Very poor experience.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Had an on campus interview, one on one in a classroom on my campus. Interviewer asked one technical question, and the rest was just a quick conversation about work-life at Microsoft.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

Gave resume to recruiter at campus event, contacted for interview a week later. On campus interview, questions about resume (courses, programing languages, work experience), a technical question at the end.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I had an on campus technical interview with one behavior and technical question about 30 minutes.
    Then I was invited for on site where I had two interviews both with technical and behavioral

Interview Questions

• I had a bitwise conversion question for y on campus interview. Create a method that finds the next sparse number given a number.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.