Intuit Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Intuit Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Intuit

2.5

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Applied early access, one easy coding challenge followed by a technical screen with mostly easy coding questions. Final round was behavioral, the interviewer was very nice and gave me very positive feedback at the end of the interview but in the end I didn't get an offer

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to learn something new to solve a problem   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intuit

Intern - Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in January 2020.

Interview

First an online assessment, then a video interview, finally a value interview. Make sure to prepare carefully with the company's value. The technical interview was not hard. The overall experience was fine, but they keep interview people even they have no headcount for the positions.

Software Engineer Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Intuit (Rochester, NY (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I met with one of the project leads and we briefly talked about my qualifications and then dove into the technical interview. Everyone was super friendly and I was offered several pastries on the way in and out.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

I was asked simple questions like difference between abstract and interface. They asked questions like difference between final, finally and finalize method. Then gave me a programming task where in they asked me to print the elements of set1 50% more number of times than the set2.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

2 part interview. One was technical, one was behavioral. Technical was some basic java questions, like keywords, inheritence, etc. Behavioral was about experience working with people and how to deal with issues. I didn't get an offer, but overall it was a good experience. Interviewers were friendly and communication was clear.

Interview Questions

• What are the different uses of the keyword "static"?   2 Answers
    • What is the difference between an interface and an abstract class?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Took 5 rounds of interviews. 2 in October and 3 in January. the 1st and last were technical with the last one being quite conceptual. All interviews were phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• What concepts you don't like about Java? and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Had on campus interview screening. Liked the hiring process. Asked very basic questions.
    Then was called for an interview. Interview went well. I screwed up in some plcaes but it went well

Interview Questions

• Given an array of 1000 element, how will you find the element repeated twice in O(n) complexity   2 Answers

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

I went to a job fair at my college and spoke to a rep for Intuit. The rep actually told me head on that based on my resume, I would make a good candidate for an intern and that I should expect to schedule an interview soon. A few days/weeks later, I get an email to schedule an interview.

At first, the position was for a User Interaction Design internship. However, I asked the recruiter a few times (twice to be exact) if I could interview for the software engineering position instead. The first request went without a reply because she either didn't read it or just ignored it. On the second time I made the request, it was granted, happily even. So I got to interview for the software engineering position.

The day before interview day, I studied up my Java concepts and was more ready than I had ever been for an interview. The first phone call came, and I followed the instructions on the email to log in to an online conference room. The interviewer was very nice and asked pretty much every kind of question related to Java, my language of choice. I answered all of the questions 105% correct - I'm exaggerating, but not really exaggerating.

Then came the online part... In the online conference room, there was an interactive display that allowed writing on certain pages. The purpose of this was to allow me to write some code on the board to respond to some prompts they gave. The problem was that when and where I could write was determined by my interviewer. Well, my interviewer claimed to have had no experience using the interactive display, and because of this, we lost a huge amount of time. Presumably, to write new code related to the prompt's code, the programmer would rely on the prompt's code itself. The code was fairly long, consisting of one or two classes and a function or two, as well as a good number of other things to keep in mind (property names, parameters, etc.). However, writing the code was to be done on a white board page, that could be made available by switching away from the prompt's code. I had to ask my interviewer to change back to the code once or twice, which led to a lot of lost time (also because he had to figure out how to switch back and forth). We ended up skipping the coding questions because it was taking up too much time.

After the first online/phone technical interview, I was to receive a second behavioral phone interview. I thought that this went ok. Nothing special, really. Something memorable was that I made the interviewer laugh (in a good way). My interviewer here was also very nice, I would even go so far as to say he was chill. Before the end of the call, I mentioned that my prior technical interview got messed up because of technical difficulties. He and his colleague (my first interviewer) agreed, but said that it would be up to the staffers/recruiters/whoever handles judging interviews to determine if I would get to redo it or whatever else they could do.

A week or two later, I received an email saying I didn't qualify. Painful...

Interview Questions

• Java concepts, such as polymorphism, abstract classes vs interfaces, etc..   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

I got a call from a university career fair. There were 2 interviews. questions asked were technical as well as hr.I opted Java as my primary language, so asked questions about Java. General questions about OOP concepts. gave a code to optimize.

Interview Questions

• How will you make this code readable (given a piece of code)   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intuit (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

Its was a very good interview.
    Consisting of two rounds.
    Technical (1hour)
    HR( 1 Hour)

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about your projects ?   2 Answers
    • Discuss how will you react under XYZ circustances ?   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.