Hydro One Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 147 of over 147 interviews

Employee Referral3%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Hydro One

Application

I interviewed at Hydro One

Interview

it was good overall. There were two interviewers and they started by introducing themselves and the company. at the beginning it was more of a conversation then they explained how many questions there will be and how they have divided them into three categories. they started with the questions and answering phase and that's it.

Interview Questions
  • why are you a good fit for this position?
    Answer Question

Hydro One

Application

I interviewed at Hydro One

Interview

Typically, the first interview is the first face-to-face meeting with your potential employer. Their goal is to get to know you and assess your skills and experience in relation to their needs for this particular role. They're also looking to get to know you to determine if you will fit in with the company's culture. The following stages typically make up the first interview:

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON)

Interview

An hour-long interview with the manager and the previous intern. Most questions related to soft interpersonal skills. E.g., How do you handle conflicts between colleagues? Also some questions on previous work/school project experiences.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hydro One (London, ON) in Jun 2021

Interview

Basic situational questions. There were two people in the room one from Hydro one from PWU. The one from Hydro was on his phone the entire time. The PWU representative was attentive.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you went above and beyond?

Hydro One

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hydro One

Interview

It consisted of three parts: math exam, some principles in mechanical engineering questions, and finally English exam in reading three comprehension article, which was not easy because you have to answer them in 20 minutes only i.e. the last part. First part and second part were easy, but reading three comprehension articles in 20 minutes and answering the questions was challenging.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hydro One

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Hydro One

Interview

Stage 1: technical test - the test covered 6-7 different utility specific subjects. Math, 3 phase stuff, telecomm, transformer, safety, logic Stage 2: in-person interview involving discussions of your background experience, scenarios, some technical ones also included. Stage 3: background check done that took a few weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral type questions along with safety and some technical questions

Hydro One

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hydro One

Interview

Interview was online with two interviewers, one was an HR represented I believe. Interview consisted of Behavioral based questions and some skill testing questions. Applied through University Coop program and received interview through my school.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about hydro one and why would you like to work for us? Tell me about a time when you resolved a conflict in the workplace?

Hydro One

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hydro One

Interview

Applied online, contacted through school system, and interviewed in the main office ( before COVID) with three interviewers from the department. Basic Behavior questions about past experiences. Some technical questions about the power industry and stats

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hydro One

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hydro One

Interview

- Phone Screen , very basic - HR - Phone interview mostly behavioural and discuss resumequestion- 2 Managers - Offer - through HR - A few netotiation conversations The overall process took about three to four weeks

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hydro One

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Hydro One

Interview

Wow, what a disappointing interview process! I spent nearly 2 months with this company going through their interview process. It started with a phone screen (which the recruiter forgot about, and I had to email to remind) followed by an Excel test (super sensitive system that barely works), and finishing with a video interview (due to COVID). A week after the final interview stage, I emailed the recruiter to inquire if they had any update - I was told that they would have one shortly for me. Well, another couple weeks went by and nothing. I emailed again and no response. Essentially, I got ghosted - which feels like a huge waste of my time. Very unprofessional!

Interview Questions
  • How skilled are you in Excel (rating on a 1-5 scale)? Why Hydro One? The basics.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 147 Interviews