Hydro One Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Hydro One Interview Questions

Interviews at Hydro One

2.9

Telecommunication Coop Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hydro One in March 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager called me. He explained about my duties and then asked some technical question. After that he asked some behavioral questions. The interview took around 25 mins and the interviewer was super friendly.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hydro One.

Interview

Wow, what a disappointing interview process! I spent nearly 2 months with this company going through their interview process. It started with a phone screen (which the recruiter forgot about, and I had to email to remind) followed by an Excel test (super sensitive system that barely works), and finishing with a video interview (due to COVID). A week after the final interview stage, I emailed the recruiter to inquire if they had any update - I was told that they would have one shortly for me. Well, another couple weeks went by and nothing. I emailed again and no response. Essentially, I got ghosted - which feels like a huge waste of my time. Very unprofessional!

Interview Questions

• How skilled are you in Excel (rating on a 1-5 scale)? Why Hydro One? The basics.   Answer Question

Co-Op Student Interview

Interview

Two rounds of interview. 1st round is a phone interview with hiring manager, all basic behavioral questions. Second round is an in person panel interview with the team, followed by an Excel and Writing test.

Asset Strategies and Maintaining Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON).

Interview

It was a easy going environment. It consisted of behavioral and technical questions. You need to know your academics. The interview was about 1 hour and 30 minutes in person.

Co-Op Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hydro One.

Interview

Normally they conclude an in-person interview, however, since I lived in another city, they scheduled a phone call. At the time, the person who interviewed me was my manager and he was very friendly and I was 100% honest with my qualifications with no sugar coating while maintaining my professionalism.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One.

Interview

Skype Interview. Asked about current studies, past projects completed and how they would be valuable in the role. Very fair questions. Didn't waste time with "tell me about yourself" and "what are your weaknesses?" type questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain your past courses taken that would be helpful for this position?
      What technologies were used in past projects?
      How comfortable are you in those technologies now?
      Do you have research experience?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON) in February 2020.

Interview

There were 4 people interviewing me including the present co-op student. All very nice and welcoming. The questions were a mix of behavioral and technical questions. Must have a good understanding of the supply chain process

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hydro One.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview as the position was in Toronto. Some technical, some behavioral questions. Got confirmation with in two weeks of applying. Tip: Be honest when you don't know something.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?
      Difference between a switch and a router?
      Equation for power line loss?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hydro One.

Interview

One phone interview and I was hired. There was really not much to it. Applied online and got an interview. The phone interview was easygoing and pleasant. Just be yourself, don't overthink it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, other standard interview questions. Eventually became a discussion about interests.   Answer Question

Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hydro One (Toronto, ON) in October 2019.

Interview

It lasted for 30 minutes, over the phone. The interviewer presented the position, the company, the manager and the team, Then he proceeded to explain why the position was open, what happened to the previous employee. The interview started with him wanting to know more about my background, my comfort level in dealing with teams at all levels, my communications skills and salary expectations

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.