Hootsuite Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 208 of over 208 interviews

Campus Recruiting7%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Hootsuite

Application

I interviewed at Hootsuite

Interview

Was a great interview! Enjoyed the process and the team. The company is really cool! Was a great interview! Enjoyed the process and the team. The company is really cool!

Interview Questions
  • background in IT, background in computers
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hootsuite (London, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

Overall quite a strange experience. First interview with recruiter, second with managers and third a presentation to more managers. I was given tasks in between the interviews which took time and effort on my part, which then were never even mentioned. Management weren't particularly inspiring, the director didn't seem to know how to operate video conferencing which was a bit odd considering they are a tech company and have been remote for over a year. None of them even knew the scenario I had been given for my roleplay / presentation which was off putting. They all remained on mute and looked incredibly bored throughout, which made me want to rush to finish it. Afterwards they had barely any feedback for me, it was the most unengaged interview I've ever had. Having spent hours and hours preparing and doing my research, I felt completely disappointed and frustrated I had wasted so much time. Had to then chase them to be rejected, citing the same menial feedback I had after my presentation. Don't waste your time with this company.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you came up with a creative solution to a problem How have you handled conflict within a team

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hootsuite (Mississauga, ON) in Apr 2021

Interview

It was very thorough and a positive interview experience. I was provided details on who I was interviewing with, how to prepare and what type of interview it was. I was also provided feedback after the presentation which was helpful

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hootsuite (London, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

Recruitment process very quick. First interview with HR, 2nd with Hiring Manager and Senior Manger. Had to do a quite simple task before this interview. Nice people and it seems they have a good company culture. After 2 days received a standard email that they are not continuing. No explanation why. Quite disappointing even after I asked for the reason no feedback Not very professional behaviour.

Interview Questions
  • Behaviour questions Normal questions like every other company

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hootsuite (Bucharest) in Apr 2021

Interview

I applied through an online college job fair. The first step was an assignment I had to complete and send via email. The deadline for the assignment was after around two weeks. A few days after completing the assignment I received a call to schedule my interview. The interview lasted two hours and was a mix between technical and non technical skills. Overall everyone was very nice and the process was quick.

Interview Questions
  • One coding problem, questions about the home assignment and about computer science fundamentals in general. In the last 30 minutes there were behavioural questions.

Hootsuite

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hootsuite

Interview

The interview process was quite thorough and friendly. It was very clear what they were looking for and I felt like I could ask almost anything. They had a few rounds with different stakeholders. Follow-ups were prompt and I could contact the recruiter easily via email. They also set clear expectations on when the interviews are and I had no problems with the Google Meet interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how you would deal with different stakeholders or asks?

Hootsuite

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hootsuite

Interview

3 potential interviews. 1. Talk to manager 2. Talk to stakeholders and other designers with online knowledge test at the end 3. Negotiation Overall should be split up over multiple days or reduced in general. “Design test” is obscure and probably not something you are used. I guess they want to throw you a curve ball. Not sure if that is necessary. Designers did not seem happy at their job in interview. Very gloomy overtone. Overall should be split up over multiple days or reduced in general. “Design test” is obscure and probably not something you are used. I guess they want to throw you a curve ball. Not sure if that is necessary. Designers did not seem happy at their job in interview. Very gloomy overtone.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about design methodology. Product management disagrees with some of the current design methodology and is wanting to know where you stand.
  • Questions on design process. Steps taken.
  • Asked to think your way through a scenario.

Hootsuite

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Hootsuite

Interview

Good experience chatting with engineers, very bad experience with recruitment team and I was ghosted by them after completing all the interviews. 1. 1-on-1 initial phone screen with recruiter, which went ok 2. Recruiter sent me an online coding test that included 2 relatively easy questions 3. A week later, recruiter got back to me and moved me to the next stage, which includes 1h coding, 1h system design, and 1h chatting with managers about your projects. During this stage, I felt that the interviews were poorly organized and the interviewers were kind of unprepared for conducting the interviews. In the email invite, they only provided a coding link for the coding and system design interviews, and said you will be able to access the call after going into the coding link. But I was not able to access the coding link as it kept saying that the interview has not been started. It turned out that the interviewers were waiting for me in a separate google meet link before clicking "start interview" on the coding platform. Amazing communications between internal teams. Despite the poor communications, the first coding interview went well, engineers were engaged and asked me good follow up questions when I tried to explain my thoughts. During the system design interview, I was asked to talked about a project I contributed to on the architecture level. After I gave them an overview of the project, they seemed to be struggling to come up with questions to ask. They then asked me a system design question on how I would design the backend and infrastructure for a project. I didn't do the best as they had to give me some hints, but they were patient and I felt that they are overall easy to talk to. The last interview to chat with managers went well too. They asked me to talk about my previous projects and how they brought value to the company, also asked some behavioral questions. At the end of the last interview, the managers told me the recruiter who was responsible for my application will reach out to me in a few days to talk about the final decision, which never happened after nearly a month. I checked in three times with 2 recruiters since my last interview but I never got a reply. What a complete waste of time.

Interview Questions
  • - standard easy-medium coding question - standard system design question - many questions about your projects

Hootsuite

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hootsuite

Interview

Great interview process, great structure and very well planned out, great culture and the team is very positive. You will meet 2 recruiters in the TA team, then will also have 2 manager interview to do a values (behaviour interview) overall great interview experience

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hootsuite

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hootsuite

Interview

1 - 30m Phone Screen 2 - 2 hour Coding Test 3 - 1 hour Behavioural Interview 4 - 1 hour System Design Interview 5 - 1 Hour Coding Test (Again?) 6 - 15m Feedback about interview process The whole process took about 4 weeks This company really needs to get their act together. The interview process is far too long, involves far too many people, and has the candidate repeating a lot of information. They claim their process isn't all that long and is "shorter than google or amazon." Amazon and Google can afford to have a laborious interview process because people would work their even if the first step was a 30m waterboarding. This place sounds like it's desperate for people, gave me positive feedback, and then rejected me with a canned response. The people seem fine, but the process just scared me away.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Codility test Easy to Medium Q: Find the depth of a binary tree Q: Recall a situation where you had an argument with a coworker
Viewing 1 - 10 of 208 Interviews