Hootsuite Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 217 of over 217 interviews

Campus Recruiting8%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Hootsuite

Application

I interviewed at Hootsuite

Interview

Process was broken down into 4 parts: - Initial screening call with recruiter - Behavioural interview with team lead and dev manager - Systems design technical interview (oddly enough, it seems mostly focused on full-stack but not a huge deal) - Algorithms technical interview (Frontend related)

Interview Questions
  • Talk about a recent project you have implemented React / Frontend related coding (They are flexible with the language/framework of your choice)
    Answer Question

Hootsuite

Application

I interviewed at Hootsuite

Interview

They were fast in the way they wanted to interview and it made me feel like I couldn't get my thought out before we jumped into the next topic. They wanted to know more about what strategy I would use instead of learning of the overall process of the content development. I think they're more result driven.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hootsuite

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hootsuite

Interview

The process lasted 3 weeks. There were 6 rounds of interviews. Started with phone screens and 1:1 video call, followed by values interview, a portfolio review and then a design challenge. One of the interviewers was pretty rude and said she didn’t have time to take questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Hootsuite

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hootsuite in May 2021

Interview

4 rounds * 60 minutes. 1. Technical Video Interview 2. Programming & Architecture 3.Operations & General Knowledge: 4. Values The Ops interview is tough. Give you a virtual machine in AWS, some config files have been changed ( the hosts file for wrong DNS, the wrong local time of the machine in ssl connection failed, Terraform wrong config, Docker wrong config, AWS web firewall rules), let you troubleshoot all the wrong config or trick problems and follow questions in 40 minutes. Actually I don't think it's reasonable for hiring...The programming and system design problems are easy or medium.

Interview Questions
  • the hosts file for wrong DNS, the wrong local time of the machine in ssl connection failed, Terraform wrong config, Docker wrong config, AWS web firewall rules and following questions.

Hootsuite

Application

I interviewed at Hootsuite

Interview

Was a great interview! Enjoyed the process and the team. The company is really cool! Was a great interview! Enjoyed the process and the team. The company is really cool!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hootsuite (Toronto, ON) in Apr 2021

Interview

The first stage was a 45min interview with the HR, then another with the hiring manager. The 3rd stage was a presentation to the previous hiring manager and another using any company of choice as case study. It went great and I received great feedback. They generally indicated that they were very impressed with the detail, effort and time I put into my presentation and they hadn't seen any other candidate put in so much effort. That gave me some level of confidence, and again they were trying to fill up 3 positions so I was positive. After about 2 weeks (I had to follow up), I got the standard rejection email with absolutely no explanation as to why I was being rejected. I followed up with the hiring manager and asked to know why I was rejected so I can use that feedback on my future job searches but I never got a response. This was quite heartbreaking because I really loved this company and really wanted to work there. I wish them all the best but I am never applying to this company ever again.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you couldn't deliver on a customer's request and how did you handle it?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hootsuite (London, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

Overall quite a strange experience. First interview with recruiter, second with managers and third a presentation to more managers. I was given tasks in between the interviews which took time and effort on my part, which then were never even mentioned. Management weren't particularly inspiring, the director didn't seem to know how to operate video conferencing which was a bit odd considering they are a tech company and have been remote for over a year. None of them even knew the scenario I had been given for my roleplay / presentation which was off putting. They all remained on mute and looked incredibly bored throughout, which made me want to rush to finish it. Afterwards they had barely any feedback for me, it was the most unengaged interview I've ever had. Having spent hours and hours preparing and doing my research, I felt completely disappointed and frustrated I had wasted so much time. Had to then chase them to be rejected, citing the same menial feedback I had after my presentation. Don't waste your time with this company.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you came up with a creative solution to a problem How have you handled conflict within a team
1 person found this interview helpful

Hootsuite

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hootsuite in Apr 2021

Interview

The interview had 3 parts: solving a problem (I would say it was easy), technical questions about operating systems, networking and security, behavioural interview in english. The interviewers were friendly and helped with hints during the problem. Also they offered some examples on using some technologies.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Hootsuite (Mississauga, ON) in Apr 2021

Interview

It was very thorough and a positive interview experience. I was provided details on who I was interviewing with, how to prepare and what type of interview it was. I was also provided feedback after the presentation which was helpful

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hootsuite (London, England, England) in Apr 2021

Interview

Recruitment process very quick. First interview with HR, 2nd with Hiring Manager and Senior Manger. Had to do a quite simple task before this interview. Nice people and it seems they have a good company culture. After 2 days received a standard email that they are not continuing. No explanation why. Quite disappointing even after I asked for the reason no feedback Not very professional behaviour.

Interview Questions
  • Behaviour questions Normal questions like every other company
Viewing 1 - 10 of 217 Interviews