Hootsuite Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Hootsuite Interview Questions

Interviews at Hootsuite

2.9

Junior Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hootsuite in April 2015.

Interview

The interview started off with a phone interview with a recruiter. They explained the role and what you will be doing. They also asked a few information on why I was interested, and why HootSuite. I then moved on to the in-person interview. I met with a person that is currently in the role and a sales manager. They were all super informative. They asked basically the same questions the phone interviewer did and more. They also gave a day to day ordeal on how the office is.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing about our program that you would pitch to business owners?   1 Answer
    • Why HootSuite?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hootsuite.

Interview

Their recruiting team really needs to get their act together.
    - I was going to be in Vancouver for other interviews, but the recruiter said they couldn't schedule one that week because the team had a hackathon. So I met the hiring manager for coffee instead and he said that the hackathon had been the previous week. There were multiple other flubs too, including lack of followup and no communication between the different teams I talked to.
    - The interview with the recruiter seemed like an interrogation. She rattled off a series of questions while staring at me expressionlessly. It was like she was hoping to catch me in a lie or contradiction.
    - She said they wanted to proceed to an offer, but only if I could start in 4-6 weeks, even though they knew my timeline did not allow for that. So they wasted my time and their own,
    - They refused to reimburse interview expenses since I was already in Vancouver for other interviews. I was only asking them to cover the expenses for the extra day, but apparently saving $292 was worth the negative word of mouth that I'm sure they knew would result.

Other than the interactions with recruiting, things were good. I really liked everyone else I met, and the team I interviewed with does very interesting and important work. However, their pay was lower than every other offer I received and a friend warned me that they were having layoffs after having grown too fast, so it's probably just as well.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hootsuite.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with a Recruiter, was told I'd hear back in two days. Followed up, but never received further contact even to let me know the position had been taken.

Vice President Partners - North East, US Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hootsuite (New York, NY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Contacted by recruiting for position, had two conversations with them. The met with the hiring manager over dinner, spoke with the entire team via phone and or via skype. I was the leader for the position, discussed $$$$ and they contacted my references.

I then was to speak with the CRO, who cancelled with notice the 1st time, without notice the 2nd time, and for a re-schedule, he called 1 1/2 hours later then he was supposed to. When I finally got the chance to speak with him, he was reactive, negative, rude, unprofessional and overly critical.He questioned everything about me, not just a test. Funny thing is he has also had a few "Jumps" as he put it in my background, regardless of my talent, passion, and desire and ability to be successful in the role. It was not a pleasure, good experience and or is he a solid leader and or someone that I would want to follow in anyway, shape or form.

Interview Questions

• Why Hootsuite? Went through my entire 16-18 year career, HS, College, and everything on my resume.   2 Answers

Junior Sales, Enterprise Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hootsuite (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was an initial phone screen. The interviewer was in a room full of noise and I could barely hear her. I don't think she was really listening to my answers (or maybe couldn't hear me because of the noise) because she asked me questions about things I had already mentioned.

Interview Questions

• What is your goal for 5 years from now?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the product/platform?   1 Answer
    • What interests you about the role?   1 Answer

Junior Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Interview

I went to the Hoothire event, and the friendliness seemed rather artificial: Time done? Thanks for your time, move along. Perhaps that's the point (considering how many people show up to Hoothire), but maybe extend the time a bit to let people show who they are; short time frames are in no way representative of each individual's personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your time as (insert job experience in question here).   1 Answer

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hootsuite (Vancouver, BC) in February 2019.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter with a referral from an employee I had worked with previously. Set up a 15 minute phone screen for the next day which was primarily concerned with making sure the position was something I was interested in and was a good fit for my career goals.

Scheduled an in-person interview for the following week. It was 3 hours, broken into 3 1-hour long parts. The first was two coding problems, the second was focused on systems design/architecture, and the third was a behaviour interview that was again looking to make sure I was a good fit for the role and the company.

About an hour after the interview I got a call from the recruiter with feedback from the interviewers, which was a surprise but welcomed as it let me get a good idea of what to expect going forward. Just over a week later (with some emails in between to confirm the decision process was still ongoing) I received a phone call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Given a string containing many parenthesis write code to determine whether the parentheses are balanced. e.g. All open parentheses "(" have a matching close parenthesis ")" and are not out of order.   1 Answer
    • Give an overview of the architecture of a recent project you worked on. If you did this project again how would you do it differently?   1 Answer
    • Design an application that allows users to log in through their Twitter accounts and view their analytics data (likes, retweets, etc.) for the past day, week, month, or year.   1 Answer
    • Many typical behavioural questions. e.g. What is your process when you can't figure out an issue with what you're working on?, Where do you want your career to go in the next few years?, Tell me about a time it was difficult for you to work with someone in a group., etc.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hootsuite (Vancouver, BC) in April 2015.

Interview

Received 2 phone screening calls. The first one was with HR where I was asked questions to clarify my resume. The second interview (after a week) was with a senior software engineer that asked me technical questions about my resume.

Interview Questions

• Q: Does your current job use an Agile methodology for software development?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hootsuite (Vancouver, BC) in July 2017.

Interview

I went through 3 interview phases. I met up with the Hiring manager, 2 developers, a director and an HR. Each interview was roughly one hour. In the technical interview, they've asked a puzzle question and an architecture design question.

Interview Questions

• Find Itinerary from a given list of tickets
      Given a list of tickets, find itinerary in order using the given list.

Example:

"Delhi" -> "Goa"

Output:
      Bombay->Delhi, Delhi->Goa, Goa->Chennai, Chennai->Banglore,   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hootsuite (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

Fast and it took less than 3 weeks for them to get in contact with me and ask me. The process was smooth and good where the interviewers were very friendly and approachable to ask any questions if you have any doubts.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.