Hootsuite Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Hootsuite Interview Questions

Interviews at Hootsuite

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hootsuite.

Interview

Had an initial call with the recruiter. This was the fairly standard call but at the end was asked a bunch of questions to figure out if I fit in with the culture. I wasn't quite sure how any of the questions actually had anything to do with the position. I was also made aware that the salary would be lower than the standard in the US and I would be interviewing for a lower position than my current title simply based on years of experience.

Was offered a technical interview but when I sent in my availability I got a rejection. Now I do concede that I took 5 days to respond with my availability but that was only because I wasn't sure when I would be actually able to take the call. The rejection said that they went with some other candidate but this was a straight up lie because the recruiter mentioned that they were looking for something like 120 engineers.

Overall I thought that the rejection was really out of the blue and set a negative light on the whole company. The recruiters take weeks to get back from the resume screen but can't wait 5 days for a candidate to provide availability? This said a lot to me about the company culture so I did not follow up with them further. It says that they really don't value the candidates' time and the effort that goes into the whole job search process. Not to mention people have other commitments besides an interview. It's a shame because their product seemed really cool and I was excited about the position from what the recruiter described.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Hootsuite.

Interview

Their recruiting team really needs to get their act together.
    - I was going to be in Vancouver for other interviews, but the recruiter said they couldn't schedule one that week because the team had a hackathon. So I met the hiring manager for coffee instead and he said that the hackathon had been the previous week. There were multiple other flubs too, including lack of followup and no communication between the different teams I talked to.
    - The interview with the recruiter seemed like an interrogation. She rattled off a series of questions while staring at me expressionlessly. It was like she was hoping to catch me in a lie or contradiction.
    - She said they wanted to proceed to an offer, but only if I could start in 4-6 weeks, even though they knew my timeline did not allow for that. So they wasted my time and their own,
    - They refused to reimburse interview expenses since I was already in Vancouver for other interviews. I was only asking them to cover the expenses for the extra day, but apparently saving $292 was worth the negative word of mouth that I'm sure they knew would result.

Other than the interactions with recruiting, things were good. I really liked everyone else I met, and the team I interviewed with does very interesting and important work. However, their pay was lower than every other offer I received and a friend warned me that they were having layoffs after having grown too fast, so it's probably just as well.

Junior Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hootsuite in April 2015.

Interview

The interview started off with a phone interview with a recruiter. They explained the role and what you will be doing. They also asked a few information on why I was interested, and why HootSuite. I then moved on to the in-person interview. I met with a person that is currently in the role and a sales manager. They were all super informative. They asked basically the same questions the phone interviewer did and more. They also gave a day to day ordeal on how the office is.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing about our program that you would pitch to business owners?   4 Answers
    • Why HootSuite?   2 Answers

Junior Sales, Enterprise Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hootsuite (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was an initial phone screen. The interviewer was in a room full of noise and I could barely hear her. I don't think she was really listening to my answers (or maybe couldn't hear me because of the noise) because she asked me questions about things I had already mentioned.

Interview Questions

• What is your goal for 5 years from now?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about the product/platform?   1 Answer
    • What interests you about the role?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hootsuite.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with a Recruiter, was told I'd hear back in two days. Followed up, but never received further contact even to let me know the position had been taken.

Vice President Partners - North East, US Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hootsuite (New York, NY (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Contacted by recruiting for position, had two conversations with them. The met with the hiring manager over dinner, spoke with the entire team via phone and or via skype. I was the leader for the position, discussed $$$$ and they contacted my references.

I then was to speak with the CRO, who cancelled with notice the 1st time, without notice the 2nd time, and for a re-schedule, he called 1 1/2 hours later then he was supposed to. When I finally got the chance to speak with him, he was reactive, negative, rude, unprofessional and overly critical.He questioned everything about me, not just a test. Funny thing is he has also had a few "Jumps" as he put it in my background, regardless of my talent, passion, and desire and ability to be successful in the role. It was not a pleasure, good experience and or is he a solid leader and or someone that I would want to follow in anyway, shape or form.

Interview Questions

• Why Hootsuite? Went through my entire 16-18 year career, HS, College, and everything on my resume.   3 Answers

Launch Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hootsuite (Sydney (Australia)).

Interview

Applications are reviewed by offshore recruiter and communication is initially by email. This is to set up for a phone interview and video call from overseas staff as Sydney is a regional hub. If successful, then you will get to meet the Sydney team face to face.

Interview Questions

• Take home assessment provided which needs to be presented during your face to face interview.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hootsuite.

Interview

The interview process is long with a presentation of Hootsuite, receiving feedback and presenting again using the feedback. A visit to the office for culture fit is also something required.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Hootsuite (Toronto, ON) in January 2020.

Interview

It has been an interesting process with good discussions with various stakeholders. I enjoyed the presentation part because it provided insight into their go to market approach. The discussions with other sales guys was insightful as well

Junior Software Developer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hootsuite (Vancouver, BC) in January 2020.

Interview

Interviewers were pretty chill and friendly. The process just felt like having a conversation with your friends. Questions were definitely behavioural - driven and easy technical questions. Finished it within an hour.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.