I worked at Hootsuite full-time (More than 3 years)
- You can make some really great friends here.
- The people here are all so smart and are open to sharing their knowledge with you.
- True tech company culture (the retreats are so much fun!)
- The leaders are really smart and have great experience.
- Dog friendly office.
- Great office space.
- Gym classes and gym facilities are unreal.
- A great place to learn and start your career at.
- Great marketing and brand presence.
- Has a strong grasp of its target market and place in the industry.
- HR doesn't do a whole lot when you complain about feeling uncomfortable or disrespected by a colleague. This needs to change. When someone complains to you about feeling disrespected by a colleague, do something about it! Don't be another Uber.
- Some senior leadership can be unprofessional during retreats.
- They say there's a lot of professional growth opportunities but that only happens if you're lucky to have a manager who allows you to grow. Some managers don't foster growth.
- Starting to lose some really awesome OG people.
- U/X of the product needs a major update.
Advice to Management
My advice to management is to always put your people first. No matter what. The people who work at Hootsuite really care about Hootsuite. So please, please, care for your people too!
typical behavioral interview with few technical questions. Applied through school, 45 mins skype interview, i got the interview 2 or 3 weeks after i applied. Applied through school, not much i can say about the process
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –