Deluxe Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 12 Nov, 2018

2.6

Sort:

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in June-2010.

Interview

This was a very ordered process starting with an initial phone interview for screening purposes and then a follow up in-person interview with the HR manager and hiring manager.

Both were very professional and respectful. The follow up was impressive and made me feel as though this company was humanizing the hiring process.

HR manager was more than responsive to my follow up inquiries, offered apologies when the process took longer than was initially expected, etc.

Very positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Please share some very specific experiences that highlight your project management skills.   Answer Question

Leadership Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreview, MN (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Shoreview, MN (US)) in March-2013.

Interview

Opening phone screening interview with HR recruiter, interview with VP HR, Round Robin interview with department heads, interview with SR VP (hiring Mgr), three personality profiles, critical thinking test.

Each interview covered somewhat different ground and each interviewer came with prepared questions relevant to the position and required skills. I was difficult to understand why the previous person in the position had not been successful.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any difficult questions. The critical thinking test was a very short version of the Watson Glaser test and several questions were poorly written.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Atlanta, GA (US)) in June-2017.

Interview

They had two rounds for the interview. 1 for HR and another had the technical round. The HR round was mostly about your personality and whether you'd be a good fit to their company. Overall, I would have to say it was a fairly straightforward interview.

Interview Questions

• They had a few technical questions on scope and a few pre defined functions in javascript.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Groton, MA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Groton, MA (US)) in September-2016.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy. I first had a few phone calls with the recruiter, as I had some questions. She was excellent. She listened and called back promptly with the answers I needed before moving forward. I then had a more formal in person interview where I sat down with two more wonderful women and then I was given the opportunity to "job shadow." And of course the background check.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation outside of sales position where you influenced someone to do something positive.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Colorado Springs, CO (US)) in October-2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview and then there was a one on one interview. the interviews lasted from 30 minutes to an hour. they brought in a group of potential new hires, give the group a presentation on the company and come of its benefits and answer any questions. then the move onto the one on one interviews. they then send you home and call you with in a 2-3 days to let you know if you are a good fit for the company or not.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in February-2014.

Interview

This was for their small business division and I think I threw up in my mouth when I heard the compensation. It is an hourly tiered (i.e. start off in bronze move up to gold or platinum) starting at $12.50/hour?!?! According to Career Bliss the avg salary for Deluxe employees is $51k/yr and they are a billion dollar company!!!!!! The platinum tier is horrendous too @ $18/hour & supposedly you can make $800-900/mo in commission. They will not start you off at a higher tier, even if you have a degree & extensive sales experience, but may start you off with a slightly higher hourly rate of a whopping $14/hour! On another note, the first 4 weeks are training on their sales process, computer system, etc..

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Shoreview, MN (US)) in August-2015.

Interview

Involved listening in on a few calls with a current employee which is helpful to see a sample of what the job involves. Interview was completed after with the hiring manager, took approximately 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of one way you found solutions to fit a customer's current needs along with additional produts or services they did not originally initiate.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation in April-2011.

Interview

Asked a series of standard boiler plate questions. The interview is structured and verbatim off of a template used by all hiring managers. They're mainly looking to see that you can communicate clearly, have a positive attitude, are willing to learn, and are willing to follow instructions. During some interviews they will setup a mock call to have you attempt to sell something to them over the phone.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep your energy going as you get towards your 6th and 7th work hour in the day?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in May-2015.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter and interviewed within a few days by the director of the department. There was initially only going to be one round of interviews, but eventually had to interview with the VP. Was contacted the next day with a job offer.

Negotiation

N/A

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Deluxe Corporation.

Interview

Applied through Univesity Career website. Got an interview opportunity one week later. It was held on campus in person. The experience was OK. Still waiting for the reply. Hope it will be fine

Interview Questions

• they went through a checklist of questions which could have been easily answered by anybody with very little knowledge.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.