D2L Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 155 of over 155 interviews

Campus Recruiting10%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

D2L

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at D2L

Interview

A positive experience, first part was on behavioral questions about your past experience and resume, and the rest was a technical question at around easy leetcode level. The interviewers were encouraging and friendly.

Interview Questions
  • What is your ideal job?
    Answer Question

D2L

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at D2L

Interview

1. Screening interview (background, review resume) 2. technical interview, 3. then another technical interview 4. a design interview 5. finally, a behavioural/HR interview 1 was done first, then 2 was scheduled. After receiving positive feedback here, 3-5 were scheduled in a single day back-to-back with 3 separate teams.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioural interview questions, technical was coding as a team, and design was discussing architecture scenarios with senior engineers (an initial scenario presented, then how would you design something if we needed to scale for performance, or for increased data, increased traffic flow, etc.).

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at D2L (Kitchener, ON) in May 2021

Interview

Interview process was great. Everyone I spoke was too was organized and very friendly. Step 1 was a short phone interview to discuss resume, step 2 was a short code review and Leetcode easy coding question, Step 3 was 3 back-to-back 1hr interviews (1 code review + leetcode easy/medium, 1 leetcode easy/medium + system design, 1 personality with management). Overall the process was good, and I had great communication from the recruiters throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about what you did in your latest position.
1 person found this interview helpful

D2L

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at D2L

Interview

The interview process was engaging and thorough! I got to meet a variety of people, ask questions and understand the culture and priorities of the company. The interviewers asked good questions and took time to get to know me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

D2L

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at D2L in Mar 2021

Interview

Expect to be strung along for weeks with HR lies about follow-up meetings for a job not one interviewer can agree upon the function, role, or need for the position. Clearly a lack of direction and organization from the top of the house. They’re farming interviewees for sales leads. Interview process begins with a screening interview with a recruiter and a short review of qualifications based on the posted position. The accuracy of the role description ends up being inaccurate as you progress to the next interviewer who also couldn’t clearly describe the role or the function effectively. This will continue through each interviewer with not one knowing anything about the role or the purpose of this function. In fact, they disagreed with each other in most cases. It was completely frustrating. Expect questions like: I see you work for XYZ institution (notably with a larger online presence), how involved are you in the LMS search process? Can you tell me when their contract might be up? Faculty members are always the problem for us, how do we get them to use our product? What can you do for our company? Where do you live? Where are you thinking of moving? Why do you live there? Do you have a family? Professionalism - Each executive interviewer was unprofessionally dressed; even wearing a hoodie. In some cases distracted with answering emails while lying to suggest he was taking notes. Even blowing his cover that he just got an alert to go to a meeting halfway through the interview after openly arguing a point in which he was clearly wrong about the US Education system. Education experience of Interviewers - These are legacy IT workers and failed social media bros looking for a quick buck and sales leads from candidates (maybe it is their latest round of VC funding because this company has lost their way). Not one of them as actual education experience and it shows in the interview and their sales processes. In each case the interviewers talked about higher education faculty as a deficit; essentially blaming them for low adoption rates of an outdated LMS system (as one colleague called it Blackboard for people who hate Blackboard). Recruiting follow-up - Expect to be strung along with corporate lies about follow-up meetings that mysteriously get moved from week to week. Then expect to get a canned declination letter.

Interview Questions
  • I see you work for XYZ institution, how involved are you in the LMS search process? Can you tell me when their contract might be up?
1 person found this interview helpful

D2L

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at D2L in Mar 2021

Interview

Booked a 30 mins interview with two finance department leads, we both talked but they weren't really focused-One interviewer shows her dog to her coworkers during the interview. I got rejected the next day, feel like they weren't really care

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

D2L

Application

I interviewed at D2L

Interview

30 minute video call with designer and a researcher Asked questions around past projects, describe current research methods I use and processes, how I would handle disagreements or work with a difficult participant

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

D2L

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at D2L in Feb 2021

Interview

I did 5 interviews and all I got is a rejection email. 1 of these interviews the interviewer forgot and didn't show up. 1 other interview the planner was faulty and the interviewers were waiting while I was told to show at a different time. 1 interview the internet connection of the interviewer kept dropping and we had to proceed over the phone. All and all a very messy experience and unorganized. On top of that, this many interviews is not professional and necessary.

Interview Questions
  • Experience, standard things, I actually had to ask most questions myself during one of the interviews.

D2L

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at D2L

Interview

It was good, most of the people I met were nice. One lead made me more anxious and I don't think we meshed well. My biggest complaint was they kept talking about me in the code writing app which 1. I could see 2. was super distracting . The kept switching tabs or something so I couldn't finish see what they were writing but it was a pretty negative experience from that alone.

Interview Questions
  • Class grades sorting question, do not remember the specifics.

D2L

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at D2L

Interview

Phone Interview with recruiter, followed by Zoom Interview with two members of the instructional design team. Afterwards, there was to be a take home project, in which you demonstrate your instructional design skills.

Interview Questions
  • What's your approach to dealing with subject-matter experts?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 155 Interviews