Cover image for Avigilon

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Avigilon Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 67 of over 67 interviews

Recruiter24%
Campus Recruiting19%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avigilon (Vancouver, BC) in Sept 2022

Interview

Interviews depend on the department. Electrical asked me to do an hour exam and the whole interview was the engineer reviewing my answers while getting to know me as a student.

Interview Questions
  • The questions included a schematic that you have to figure out what each component does, flipflops, am/fm wave modulation, and diodes
    Answer Question

Avigilon

Application

I interviewed at Avigilon

Interview

A technical interview and followed up by behavioral questions. Good to know basic mechanical engineering concepts and skills. Practicing general mechanical engineering interview questions helps. My interview was conducted online.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

77 Comments

Tech

575.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.ca&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Avigilon~478228
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Avigilon? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Avigilon employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Avigilon

Application

I interviewed at Avigilon

Interview

one phone call interview for co-op position, mostly behavioral, some theoretical circuit debugging, and general elec knowledge, communication protocols ETH, POE, PCIe. Very nice and friendly, was my first job so I think that's why it was nothing too technical.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your past projects and how you overcame challenges along the way

Avigilon

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Avigilon

Interview

One hour interview. Asked about related concepts and technique. No actual coding part. The interviewee was very nice and gave solutions to every question. It was a very good experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Avigilon

Application

I interviewed at Avigilon

Interview

- An Engineering manager reached out via email and scheduled an initial video call which included both behavioral and technical questions for the week after - The interview lasted about one hour

Interview Questions
  • - Standard behavioral questions - Technical included conceptual questions across many domains of CS topics such as design, networking, encryption

Avigilon

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avigilon

Interview

The interview consisted of 2x rounds of phone interviews setup by a recruitment agency. The process seemed rather rushed, as I believe a member of their existing team had recently left the company. No feedback was provided as to whether I was successful or unsuccessful. There seemed to be a lack of communication between the external recruiter and hiring manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Avigilon

Application

I interviewed at Avigilon

Interview

The interview process is straightforward. They go through your resume and pickup some questions from your skills and past experience. They also ask some behavioral questions. The interview was a 2 hour interview. Interview started with team and ended with department manager. You have to be a good tester to pass the interview because there will be some hypothetical question.

Interview Questions
  • There will be some hypothetical question regarding testing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Avigilon (Vancouver, BC) in Oct 2020

Interview

Basic phone screen by HR Interviewed by 2 Team leads via video conference a lot of annoying scripted questions you will see on interview prep sites. Quite a few basic technical questions on networking/computer hardware + software/ surveillance cameras at the end. 1.5 hours to 2 hours Interrogation style

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Avigilon (Vancouver, BC) in Aug 2020

Interview

The interview process is good. It was a panel interview. The first round was with HR. The second round was with the team leader. the third round was with the tech support manager.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and your current position.

Avigilon

Application

I interviewed at Avigilon

Interview

a very effective interview. I came to office twice, first interviewed with direct manager, being asked previous working experience, how to link with new job so on 2nd with peers, then talk with director. the next day get the offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 67 Interviews

Avigilon Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Avigilon as 49.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.07 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Technical Support Specialist and Software Developer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Avigilon takes an average of 16 days when considering 45 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for QA Tester had the quickest hiring process (on average 7 days), whereas Software Engineer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 49 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Avigilon according to 45 Glassdoor interviews include:

One-on-One Interview: 26.37%