iCIMS Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
iCIMS Chairman & CEO Colin Day
Colin Day

Pros
  • Bagel Fridays, company holiday party, monthly socials (in 12 reviews)

• They offer a ton of wealth, wellness, and work-life balance options (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is improving - but can be a little tough at times (in 9 reviews)

• No cons working here as an intern (in 6 reviews)

1. "ICIMS Advantage"

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's fantastic to be a part of a team that understands the value of culture and is committed to continuously building an organization that gives its people the best chance to succeed! iCIMS understands that it's people are the key to delivering excellence to the customer, and they demonstrate that commitment to the customer by investing in the culture, careers and lives of their employees. So happy to be a part of the team at iCIMS!

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say!

Advice to Management

Keep up your commitment to organizational health!

2. "Changing, but not for the better"

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Strong Software
    -Location
    -Big focus on employee benefits

Cons

-Starting to die, employees not being backfilled
    -Leadership that has been outgrown
    -Morale is fairly low, no longer has that start up feel, individual contributors no longer empowered
    -A risk averse CYA malaise dominates internal interactions

Advice to Management

iCIMS has always been a company of bold stances and contrarian thinking, which has made it successful. Some mistakes have really brought iCIMS away from that spirit, and in turn its core values. Clear out the clown car in management, and reboot the core iCIMS values and culture.

"Honest review of iCIMS"

I have been working at iCIMS full-time

Pros

Flexible PTO dependent on manager, benefits, 401K & there are some really exceptional people that work here.

Cons

The company has been going downhill over the past year. Now is NOT the time to join. We are waiting for iCIMS to "figure it out". Constant changes. Transitions everywhere with a lot of unhappy employees that are too scared to speak up because their job & efforts will be put in jeopardy. Long term, I see iCIMS eventually figuring it out, but right now stay away. They ran new employee onboarding classes every two weeks in '15/'16 and there has been 0 new hires over the past 6 months. Cutting/transitioning everything and everyone.

Advice to Management

Need to define a career path for your employees. There is no motivation for your employees to go above and beyond if the end goal is non-existent. Stop penalizing sales and removing incentive packages for another departments mistake. iCIMS needs to fix a lot of things, and quick before great employees leave. Your reputation is diminishing, fast.

"Never been happier"

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture is great. Everyone is friendly and helpful.
    We truly do have the BEST product on the market, and it's not hard to see why.
    Lots of room for growth and opportunity.
    Unbeatable benefits package.
    FOOD TRUCKS multiple times a week!
    Free drinks and Bagel Friday.
    Company is growing but still maintains its small business feel. Executives know your name. It's not uncommon to share the elevator with the CEO.
    Work life balance is great, PTO is generous.
    Very competitive compensation for the industry.
    Lots of training for not just professional growth, but also personal.

iCIMS is unique. I've never been happier!

Cons

Not everyone realizes how lucky they are to work for such an amazing company. It's possible that for some people it's their first job out of college and they've never experienced how cutthroat and awful the corporate world can be.

Advice to Management

Let's not forget to celebrate the small wins, too.

"Slowly losing what made them who they are. Going through a transition phase but will most likely recover."

I worked at iCIMS full-time

Pros

Still a great company with a great group mentality. Everyone still strives to win and succeed for the greater good.

Cons

Slowly becoming too corporate and less like the start-up type company that made them successful. Less personal communication between the teams. You used to be able to walk to a team and request something. Now a ticket is needed.

Advice to Management

Look to all employees for ways to improve. No one person has all the answers. Managers used to work closely with employees on what works, what doesn't, what needs to change and how to "Kaizen". That has long been gone in most of the company. For the most part, the reps know more than the managers on what needs to be done. Be more open to listening to them.

iCIMS Response

14 Mar, 2017 – Social Media Coordinator

Thanks for your review and we hope that you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate you highlighting our team-oriented atmosphere, which we strive to maintain as we grow. As for taking on a bit more ... More

7. "Interview process"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Matawan, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Matawan, NJ (US)

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture, people, product, and advancement opportunities

Cons

Interview process takes time, be patient

8. "Total Temporary Staff's and temporary Company"

I worked at iCIMS full-time

Pros

Very Close to home to save commute time

Cons

Management on software team has no clues.

Advice to Management

Company growth story is over

"Great opportunities."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Matawan, NJ (US)

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

iCIMS truly allows employees to make their own path. We are not a startup, but not an extremely mature company either (17+ years old). This juxtaposition leads to a wealth of opportunities if you are willing to put the time in. All you need to do is identify new ways to contribute to the success of the business. It took me a few months to fully get this but once I did, it felt like I could be a mini-entrepreneur in my area of business expertise. That is something really unique to iCIMS and what makes it fun to come to work everyday.

Cons

If there is anything, the pace at which we make changes at iCIMS can be hard for those who are not adaptable to a business climate that reacts swifty and emphatically to market forces. We change things a lot, sometimes in error. That being said, we are willing admit/recognize those errors and not let them do further damage. If you don't thrive in fast-paced business environments, iCIMS could be tough for you.

Advice to Management

Keep providing regular guidance and motivation to the workforce about what is happening (sales, product, marketing, etc). Even though we meet regularly to discuss how the business is performing as a company, this sometimes gets lost/overshadowed by the daily demands of our jobs. This advice is less about quarterly status updates, more about providing context/understanding of the big picture and how each team contributes to the greater good.

"Don't Do It!!"

I have been working at iCIMS full-time

Pros

Great health insurance and decent PTO package

Cons

Zero incentive to work hard. Inadequate management, laughable bonus structure and zero structure. Too many inexperienced employees in management roles and no policies and procedures. Half of the "executives" have been here since college and have zero experience outside of iCIMS. 40% turn over within first 16 months...don't drink the koolaid!

Advice to Management

Hire competent, efficient and experienced management immediately!!! Clean house and restructure the business before it is too late. Hire a true CFO that is a CPA with a vast acumen for Accounting/Finance,

"Exciting Opportunities and Pleasant Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Matawan, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Matawan, NJ (US)

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am excited and enthused to be part of such an innovative company that focuses on both the customer and the employee. The core company values are what drew me to iCIMS.

Cons

Interview process was lengthy (December - March) but I was fairly warned that the start date was second quarter of 2017.