iCIMS Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

iCIMS Chairman & CEO Colin Day
Colin Day

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance is improving - but can be a little tough at times (in 9 reviews)

• Nothing significant, growing pains are being managed properly (in 15 reviews)

1. "Interview Process/Onboarding"

Current Employee - Events Associate in Holmdel, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Events Associate in Holmdel, NJ (US)

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

iCIMS truly takes the time to get to know each candidate and find the right fit for them within their company to excel. I was extremely impressed by their organized and thorough interview process. It truly shows they care who is representing them and that each new hire is in line with their core competencies. My experience thus far has been fabulous and cannot wait to experience the onboarsing process on its entirety. I've never experienced a company so invested in the interest of their employees. Thank you iCIMS!

Cons

As a new hire, I have no cons to share! I do not anticipate any down the line. Very positive experience thus far!

"Delighted New Hire"

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The recruiting and on-boarding experience have been excellent. The efforts put forth to acclimate new hires is the best I've seen in my work experience. Excellent communication by all areas. The Talent team, in particular, goes above and beyond to ensure that you're trained, adjusting well and paid accordingly. In addition, the fact that you get a face-to-face with senior management and the CEO within your first few months of employment is very welcoming. I appreciated that they not only took time to get to know new members of their teams but how transparent they are when discussing the business itself. Lastly, the new main office is amazing and the company has made every effort to get employees engaged and feel welcome in the new space.

Cons

No company is perfect but this sure comes close to perfection!

"Exceptional"

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Both the recruiting and on-boarding experience were excellent. Great communication and follow up by the Talent team. Highly engaged associates. Fantastic facility.

Cons

No cons. People and processes have been great.

"Great Onboarding process"

I have been working at iCIMS full-time

Pros

It has been a great experience during my 90 days here at iCIMS. Everyone is welcoming and makes you feel comfortable as you're getting adjusted and familiar with the processes and products. The Onboarding classes that you take really help you understand the culture and the core competencies. I really enjoyed being in Onboarding classes with other new joiners. You're able to bond and go through the process together.

Cons

I really can't think of any at this time. I'm past my 90 days and I love it here!

Advice to Management

n/a

"Set up for Success"

Current Employee - Sales in Holmdel, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Holmdel, NJ (US)

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

iCIMS is a place you want to be. The company is growing, the culture is vibrant, the people are smart, the onboarding process was terrific, the company is investing in needed areas and noticeably improving. The new offices are incredibly impressive, and the company is set up for success. It's not all rainbows and lollipops, but it is the most positive work environment I've ever been in. We need to work hard to succeed--but the opportunity is right in front of us.

Cons

The company has the struggles all companies that are growing quickly have. There is so much going on that the individuals must be constant in prioritization to avoid getting overwhelmed.

Advice to Management

Focus on execution, improvement where we need it, and overall growth.

"New Hire Experience"

I have been working at iCIMS full-time

Pros

Although I have not worked at the company for long, I have nothing but good things to say about the interview and new hire process. While the interview process is extensive, the HR team is transparent and in constant communication throughout the process.

Additionally, the iCIMS onboarding experience has been great so far. They take the time to ensure you are properly acclimated to the company and culture during your first 90 days to provide a smooth transition into your new role.

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time

Advice to Management

So far so good, keep up the great work!

"Don't Trust Them- They Mess With Your Money"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Holmdel, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Holmdel, NJ (US)

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Smart People to Work With

Great Product

Outside of Compensation Shenanigans (See Below) Solid Benefits for a Company of this Size

Cons

Compensation Shenanigans-This year, the entire Account Management staff had the variable upside removed from their compensation. This cost all Account Managers some money, and their best and brightest were punished hardest.

Instead, a flat bonus structure was tied to percentage of quota achievement. They rolled out quotas at the END of January, and sure enough, everyone's quota was either doubled or increased in the realm of 75%. The best sellers were punished the hardest due to "historical performance" of their accounts.

Despite removing variable compensation, they are now asking their customer sales team to work twice as hard.

This sort of a reduction in compensation rewards is not unique to this year, but has been a consistent theme of customer sales over the years. They have found multiple ways to carve out exceptions and reductions to Account Management and Customer Sales pay.

Whiplash changes from Senior Management, year after year. Major changes in strategy, goals, role definitions.

Treatment and policy on remote employment is inconsistent. Remotes hired and told they have no opportunity for advancement due to their remote status.

Shiny New Corporate HQ is freezing

Director Level is a carousel of turnover across the business

Core products have not been meaningfully changed in 3 years despite the increases in sales quotas.

Advice to Management

Develop a consistent product, sales and compensation strategy that rewards people who produce financially, rather than punishing them and asking them for more.

iCIMS Response

6 Feb, 2018 – Social Media Associate

Hi, we’re sorry to hear about your concerns regarding compensation, which we routinely benchmark and reevaluate to ensure that we adequately compensate employees. For account managers, we still offer... More

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Software Developer II in Holmdel, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Software Developer II in Holmdel, NJ (US)

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Friendly co-workers
    - Great work/life balance
    - Competitive Pay
    - Management listens and responds

Cons

- Working from home is discouraged
    - Only high ranking management gets offices
    - 401k could be better

Advice to Management

Continue to improve the 401k and loosen up the work-from-home policy (allow employees to schedule time to work-from-home each week if they choose).

10. "New Employee"

I have been working at iCIMS full-time

Pros

Executive strategy
    Emphasis on people
    Desire for employees to grow
    Rewarding employees
    Office space

Cons

I am a new employee still acclimating

11. "Technical Support Engineer Onboarding"

I have been working at iCIMS full-time

Pros

The new office at Bell Works is great
    There are tons of amenities when working with iCIMS
    Management is in your corner and five the best tools for success
    Excellent training program, developed in house

Cons

For this role, phone's can be a bit monotonous. There are breaks from phones so it is not too bad.