iCIMS Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
iCIMS Chairman & CEO Colin Day
Colin Day

Pros
  • In-office benefits include company lunches, monthly performance perks, bagel fridays (in 12 reviews)

• great people to work with and the office environment is laid back (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is improving - but can be a little tough at times (in 9 reviews)

• No cons working here as an intern (in 6 reviews)

1. "Never been happier"

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture is great. Everyone is friendly and helpful.
    We truly do have the BEST product on the market, and it's not hard to see why.
    Lots of room for growth and opportunity.
    Unbeatable benefits package.
    FOOD TRUCKS multiple times a week!
    Free drinks and Bagel Friday.
    Company is growing but still maintains its small business feel. Executives know your name. It's not uncommon to share the elevator with the CEO.
    Work life balance is great, PTO is generous.
    Very competitive compensation for the industry.
    Lots of training for not just professional growth, but also personal.

iCIMS is unique. I've never been happier!

Cons

Not everyone realizes how lucky they are to work for such an amazing company. It's possible that for some people it's their first job out of college and they've never experienced how cutthroat and awful the corporate world can be.

Advice to Management

Let's not forget to celebrate the small wins, too.

"Slowly losing what made them who they are. Going through a transition phase but will most likely recover."

I worked at iCIMS full-time

Pros

Still a great company with a great group mentality. Everyone still strives to win and succeed for the greater good.

Cons

Slowly becoming too corporate and less like the start-up type company that made them successful. Less personal communication between the teams. You used to be able to walk to a team and request something. Now a ticket is needed.

Advice to Management

Look to all employees for ways to improve. No one person has all the answers. Managers used to work closely with employees on what works, what doesn't, what needs to change and how to "Kaizen". That has long been gone in most of the company. For the most part, the reps know more than the managers on what needs to be done. Be more open to listening to them.

iCIMS Response

14 Mar, 2017 – Social Media Coordinator

Thanks for your review and we hope that you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate you highlighting our team-oriented atmosphere, which we strive to maintain as we grow. As for taking on a bit more ... More

3. "Interview process"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Matawan, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Matawan, NJ (US)

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture, people, product, and advancement opportunities

Cons

Interview process takes time, be patient

"Great opportunities."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Matawan, NJ (US)

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

iCIMS truly allows employees to make their own path. We are not a startup, but not an extremely mature company either (17+ years old). This juxtaposition leads to a wealth of opportunities if you are willing to put the time in. All you need to do is identify new ways to contribute to the success of the business. It took me a few months to fully get this but once I did, it felt like I could be a mini-entrepreneur in my area of business expertise. That is something really unique to iCIMS and what makes it fun to come to work everyday.

Cons

If there is anything, the pace at which we make changes at iCIMS can be hard for those who are not adaptable to a business climate that reacts swifty and emphatically to market forces. We change things a lot, sometimes in error. That being said, we are willing admit/recognize those errors and not let them do further damage. If you don't thrive in fast-paced business environments, iCIMS could be tough for you.

Advice to Management

Keep providing regular guidance and motivation to the workforce about what is happening (sales, product, marketing, etc). Even though we meet regularly to discuss how the business is performing as a company, this sometimes gets lost/overshadowed by the daily demands of our jobs. This advice is less about quarterly status updates, more about providing context/understanding of the big picture and how each team contributes to the greater good.

"Exciting Opportunities and Pleasant Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Matawan, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Matawan, NJ (US)

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am excited and enthused to be part of such an innovative company that focuses on both the customer and the employee. The core company values are what drew me to iCIMS.

Cons

Interview process was lengthy (December - March) but I was fairly warned that the start date was second quarter of 2017.

7. "Great for NJ Locals who can commit"

Former Employee - Project Specialist
    Former Employee - Project Specialist

I worked at iCIMS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun environment. Young, friendly, flexible location (work from home) and great in-office events and perks. They give you all the tools you need to succeed.

Cons

Upper and middle/lower management not always on the same page.
    Remote employees are unequally evaluated/appreciated, depending on your manager.
    Expectations and growth rate make it hard to keep up, and eventually run people down.
    Promotion nepotism is real.

Advice to Management

Slow down and make sure that the product for clients and experience for employees is still working. Trying to grow so fast, sometimes clients are getting things they're not asking for (or they're getting ignored), and employees are being asked to implement things that don't make sense at a pace that doesn't ensure good customer service.

"Don't Do It!!"

I have been working at iCIMS full-time

Pros

Great health insurance and decent PTO package

Cons

Zero incentive to work hard. Inadequate management, laughable bonus structure and zero structure. Too many inexperienced employees in management roles and no policies and procedures. Half of the "executives" have been here since college and have zero experience outside of iCIMS. 40% turn over within first 16 months...don't drink the koolaid!

Advice to Management

Hire competent, efficient and experienced management immediately!!! Clean house and restructure the business before it is too late. Hire a true CFO that is a CPA with a vast acumen for Accounting/Finance,

"Shiny But Plastic"

I have been working at iCIMS full-time

Pros

Free bagels on Fridays are a nice touch, also some managers and positions allow you to work from home.

Cons

If you are ambitious and know your worth, you won't work here. There is a lack of direction in the company. Departments work in si-lo although that is just the culture. The initial concern of the revolving door has never gone away.

Advice to Management

I would start by reevaluating the rate at which employees are leaving. I would then up the technology to sales roles ratio. Go from there.

"Excellent Company!"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at iCIMS full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Awesome software, great leadership, fantastic compensation.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

"Project Manager"

I have been working at iCIMS full-time

Pros

iCIMS is a great company that offers incredible benefits and opportunity for growth. They are a SaaS company that is growing and has the potential to be one of the top technology companies in the country.

Cons

Management at iCIMS can be better and they could work on growing staff with session planning.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees instead of only thinking about replacing if they don't seem to work to your level. The average employee time to ramp up needs to be 1.5 years.