iCIMS Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2020

4.1
iCIMS CEO Steve Lucas
Steve Lucas
Pros
  • "The Talent Acquisition team made the multi-stage interview process clear and communication was constant the entire process(in 32 reviews)

• "They take care of you and hold work-life balance a priority(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • "Have not been there long enough but I see no cons(in 35 reviews)

• "Typical growing pains of any company that is expanding this rapidly(in 21 reviews)

1. "Ready Set Go @ iCIMS"

Current Employee - Project Manager III in Holmdel, NJ

I have been working at iCIMS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Talent Acquisition Staff was very engaging and consistent in their communications throughout the on-boarding process Interview Panel showed a genuine interest in learning about my skills and background as well as sharing information about the company culture and work environment to help me make an informed career decision Company website is robust-- was a great resource for company research and interview prep

Cons

Background screening check lagged, however, this was a result of the COVID-19 impact on local courts processing their requests with limited staff (not a reflection on iCIMS Completing employment verification process with third party vendor was not smooth

Continue reading
  2. "exciting things ahead"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at iCIMS full-time

Pros

great company with exciting opportunity. great people.

Cons

change can be hard, and there has been a lot, but starting to normalize

3. COVID-19

"First 90 Days have been Great!"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at iCIMS full-time

Pros

Training and resources provided to new hires is above and beyond what I have ever seen before. My team truly cares and has been so wonderful in helping me get up to speed in a fully remote working environment as a new hire. The organization is placing a lot of effort into ensuring the culture at iCIMS is both diverse and inclusive and creating ways for employees to get involved and learn more.

Cons

No cons to share. I think iCIMS is doing a great job working to navigate through the COVID crisis and adapting quickly when required.

"Very Poor Lay Off Execution"

2.0

I worked at iCIMS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people who worked here were awesome. My teams felt like families and a lot of the connections I made exist beyond my employment.

Cons

Acquired by the Private Equity Firm Vista and things started to go downhill. I would like to believe I was one of the more hopefully people who thought things wouldn't be too bad once Vista hopped on board but I soon realized I was sadly mistaken. Since iCIMS was acquired by Vista the culture felt it began to go downhill. Soon the focus was not about building something 'bug free' or 'easy to use' but on making sure things were released ASAP; whether the product was bug free was something we would worry about "after release". To make things worse, a plan was set in place to get rid of all test engineers within the company. They wanted to turn these TE's into "Software Engineers" and developers when in-turn expected to begin UI testing as well. This, unfortunately, called for many people well into their careers to consider changing their own career path. While I stayed optimistic about this career change, a year later I was informed we want to move testing off-shore. This product already had enough issues while being tested internally, by the people who know it the best. I can't imagine how many issues will result from this off-shore testing... All in all, I loved working for this company for the last few years but was unfortunately met with the sad reality of private equity - soon became about reducing unnecessary expenses and streamlining our business to improve profit/expense ratios, but in theory, the human component suffered tremendously.

"New CEO lacks empathy"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at iCIMS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There have been many opportunities for me to further my career in my time at iCIMS

Cons

Steve Lucas is making me question whether the culture we've built will be thrown by the wayside. He has shown no empathy or authenticity in his handling of layoffs. How tone deaf is it to have a company wide meeting about how excited and optimistic you are for the "short term future" the day after a surprise round of layoffs that you didn't even acknowledge was happening at the time? People are processing a surprise attack on their community and grieving and this guy could best be described as "peppy". This man is not a leader.

6. COVID-19

"Interview Process at iCIMS - Engaging and Efficient"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President Professional Services and Technical Support in Holmdel, NJ

I have been working at iCIMS full-time for less than a year

Pros

I recently completed the interview process at iCIMS and the experience was extremely positive. The process took place at the hight of the COVID Pandemic and all of the interviews were done through Zoom. The engagement from Human Resources was persistent and very connected to the business team who conducted interviews. They took time to ensure that business leaders knew my background and they ensured that the discussions were engaged and relevant. The scheduling was considerate to my intense schedule and the recruitment team provided consistent opportunities for Q&A through the process. There was no chance to feel lost in the process.

Cons

The process was engaging, rapid, and efficient. The discussions along the way were open and considerate. Really no cons to mention. There was no time wasted through the process and really no empty disconnected waiting.

7. COVID-19

"Best company in the world!"

Current Employee - Account Development Executive in London, England

I have been working at iCIMS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great CEO and Leadership Regular surveys in making sure they continually are checking that they are doing things as best as they can The Executive team has been so transparent as they have moved employees to remote working and kept us fully up to date with weekly/bi weekly updates during the COVID-19. The company has offered full support in every way to keep employees fully informed, safe and happy. Treat employees really well and great culture Great suite of products Extremely knowledgeable and talented colleagues globally. They really know their stuff and are super switched on and smart. iCIMS hires the best Being the first point of contact for my prospects it is really exciting to be able to mention the company name and people know us! And for the right reasons too. Over 4000 customers supports this. Great onboarding experience and continuous training. They care. They offer endless amounts of opportunity to grow within. This is a company at the top of their game, good growth, vision and I am so happy to be part of the great team!

Cons

Cannot think of any at all

8. COVID-19

"Saying and Doing the right things"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at iCIMS full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a newly onboarded employee I've been very impressed by iCIMS. Everything COVID-related has been handled professionally and openly, as you'd expect from a company in this industry. The leadership is communicative and I do feel like part of an organization. There is a wealth of knowledge made available to employees that is consistently updated—and if you can't find something, there's always someone to help—The positive culture is a huge plus.

Cons

Nothing major to call out here. The experience has been very positive. As a new employee it really does seem that the right things are being said and also done. E.G. work/life balance is paid lip service at all levels, but it really does seem to be backed up in practice as well. The amount of talented and well-natured people i've had the pleasure of working with so far backs this up more than my 3 months of experience can.

9. COVID-19

"Drastic shift in company vision"

Current Employee - Software Engineer-III

I have been working at iCIMS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Up to date tech stack. Decent amount of free food and drinks. The company has often shown their appreciation for the employees. Haven't experienced micromanaging. We're given freedom/flexibility to work however works best for us.

Cons

Below market pay. New CEO has very different approach to leading the company than the previous. The culture has always been the best part of working here, and now it seems to be changing for the worse. In the midst of the pandemic, layoffs, and reorgs, our Townhall meetings are rushed through and filled with unhelpful motivational speaches. Employee concerns and questions are ignored. The employee morale is the lowest it's been in the years I've worked here (I'm aware COVID shares responsibility for this). During a hiring freeze and layoffs, the new CEO hired his daughter. Sales is favored by upper management over other departments.

Continue reading
  10. "iCIMS "cares more" even about their employees"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at iCIMS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Proactive, Cares about their employees

Cons

I have yet to find one

Found 401 reviews