iCIMS Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Oct 18, 2019

4.6
iCIMS CEO Colin Day
Colin Day
Pros
  • "Interview process (5 steps) was coordinated well and flexible to my needs(in 29 reviews)

• "Interviewers were competent and demonstrated a great company culture(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "I honestly have no cons to share at this time(in 32 reviews)

• "Can see some growing pains in technologies/processes(in 19 reviews)

1. "Great Culture"

I have been working at iCIMS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture in my department is excellent.

Cons

Haven't worked here long enough to know.

Advice to Management

None yet. Just started.

iCIMS2019-10-11

"It's Lost it's Luster"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Holmdel, NJ

I have been working at iCIMS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Location in cool local historic building, fresh grind coffee machines, sparkling water machines, bagel Fridays

Cons

This place has gone downhill. The positive reviews titled "3 months" and "90 days" are written before employees realize what's happening here. iCIMS is losing customers due to the product and mismanagement after the company was sold to an equity firm. Competitors have caught up with way better user-friendly interfaces, and standard features iCIMS still doesn't offer despite engineering hiring every person who lives... in NJ with a development degree. But if you go to a company meeting where they say they are "transparent" not a single person will mention how the product is failing. Instead, all you will hear is the equity firms best practice is to never say No to the customer. Only the execs are allowed to say No. So don't you dare to it. Do whatever it takes to say yes which include lying about what the product can do. Stop taking too long to implement and stop nickel and diming. Look around! There is a reason so many veteran people have left. Pretty soon, this place will be a ghost town full of empty desks in this huge building that you are building new floors in for nothing. Then will you wake up and be honest its the product, not the people, when all your staff has gone to companies with superior leadership, products, and better pay?

Advice to Management

Stop blaming every other department under the sun except your entire floor full of the development staff for renewal issues. You are losing customers because of the product, not your employees. While you are at it, stop giving the sales teams free paid vacations when everyone else is left to clean up the messes from sales selling a poorly developed product that a customer expects has functionality that doesn't exist... because no one is allowed to be honest and say No. We need to say No. We are not magicians. We can't make the product do something it wasn't designed to do no matter how bad you want us to find a way when implementing. Just design the product to do it in the first place. The execs in meetings call on leaders to explain departments that they are not even leaders of. It just really shows how out of touch the execs are when making these decisions. What a joke this place has become.

iCIMS2019-10-19

"A New Era"

Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at iCIMS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

iCIMS is a good place to work in my experience. The people I had the chance to work with were good people and many of them will become people who will be resources throughout your career. There is a nice work-life balance culture at the company it wouldn’t be uncommon for people to work from home multiple times per week if necessary. Management is considerate if you are upfront with any personal issues or life... problems you may be having as you try to balance work and life. That can’t be said for many companies. Bell Works is a historic building and thus makes it a cool place to work. It has been harder as the firm as grown but the company tries to have company-wide events to keep alive that “family” type atmosphere.

Cons

No company is perfect, and iCIMS has recently doubled in size in the past 4 years or so. This will come with natural growing pains. Like with any technology company there is that fine balance of pushing the new products out the door and the quality of the product. In this era of aggressive growth, the pendulum has swung pretty far to the aggressive product strategy. With the quality of the core product degrading... slowly. The culture has become a little too top-down, and a focus on metrics that validates what people want to believe versus what is the actual truth has settled in. Compensation is a little low compared to Philly/NYC for some positions. Some people need to have their egos checked at the door. Nothing wrong with building important products, and services for the customer and helping the economy but some act like they are curing life-threatening diseases.

Advice to Management

I think encouraging employees to write glassdoor reviews after 9-12 months would provide more meaningful feedback versus during the first 90 days of employment. Revamp the referral program to encourage people to be incentivized to keep the pipelines full for talented employees. If the compensation will be under the bigger markets the selling point has to be the company culture, and values. Besides that, a... little more effort to keeping the culture alive

iCIMS2019-10-06
  4. "Interview Process"

Current Employee - Manager in Holmdel, NJ

I have been working at iCIMS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent experience. HR staff were knowledgeable and professional. Interview process (5 steps) was coordinated well and flexible to my needs.

Cons

None experienced during the interview process.

iCIMS2019-09-26
  5. "Enjoyable Interview Experience"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Holmdel, NJ

I have been working at iCIMS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great communication from start to finish Professional staff Helpful with any questions along the way

Cons

No cons to report right now

iCIMS2019-09-23
  6. "Excited To Join The Team!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ

I have been working at iCIMS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone I spoke to during the hiring process was super helpful and informative. This company really encourages work-life balance, and everyone seems very happy to be working for iCIMS. I really look forward to joining this team because of the amount of positive experiences I have already had thus far.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons!

iCIMS2019-09-20
  7. "Corporate Culture At Its Finest"

Current Employee - Director, Creative Services in Holmdel, NJ

I have been working at iCIMS full-time for less than a year

Pros

From the very first conversation I had with iCIMS up until present day, I have felt well taken care of and appreciated. iCIMS puts their employees first, and as a result, their corporate culture is positive and productive. It is truly an honor to be a part of the iCIMS team.

Cons

I have yet to uncover a con to report upon.

iCIMS2019-09-19
  8. "Pleasant Recruitment Process"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Holmdel, NJ

I have been working at iCIMS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone was prompt, professional, and helpful. Each person I spoke to seemed genuine about wanting you to have a great experience in getting to know them and the company.

Cons

No cons at this time

iCIMS2019-09-08

"Not afraid to make a decision and get what they want"

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst

I have been working at iCIMS full-time for less than a year

Pros

Quickest apply --> onsite --> offer I have ever experienced. Took 3 days from applying to get a call from recruiter, schedule an onsite and get an offer. They do not mess around. Other pros: - Exceptional service from recruiters, constant contact - Facility was beautiful - Interviewers were competent and demonstrated a great company culture

Cons

- Benefits are slightly worse than other companies I had offers from. 401(k) match is only maximum of 3%. No annual bonus, stock options, etc.

Advice to Management

Just started so none at the moment

iCIMS2019-08-27
  10. "iCIMS"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer

I have been working at iCIMS full-time

Pros

Great Benefits, great culture. Environment was full of young people right out of college

Cons

Low pay but nothing else was bad.

iCIMS2019-09-05