iCIMS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

iCIMS Interview Questions

Interviews at iCIMS

2.9

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at iCIMS.

Interview

Interview process was very efficient, transparent and thorough. Vista does require a successful Cognitive Ability Aptitude Test result before meeting with the Hiring Manager. I meet with 4 people that I would directly interface with and then they convened to make a decision. After the final interview there was a 24 hour turn-around time before an offer was extended.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at iCIMS.

Interview

I applied for a sales position in their portal. Based on their applicant tracking product, I thought this would be a great experience and it was the exact opposite. iCIMS was my dream company and I have ATS knowledge so, I thought they were a perfect fit. The recruiter forgot when we had a meeting scheduled - twice. When we spoke, she explained the positions are ghost job descriptions so, she would see if there was a fit somewhere for me. I was asked to take an online evaluation and then, asked to re-take it so she could present the scores to management. I was interviewing with multiple companies at the time and did not have a positive candidate experience with them, received several offers from other companies and stopped moving forward with their process because the recruiter was horrible. I hope executive leadership is aware of how the first person you speak to is branding your company from the initial conversation. So disappointed! I thought they were a good match for my career experience.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iCIMS.

Interview

Given online assessment - extremely hard. Doesn't seem like they want to really test people - seems more like they want to stump people. People there are not personable or professional and don't really care about their applicants - atleast the people doing the vetting.

Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at iCIMS (Holmdel, NJ (US)).

Interview

Applied online and thought the portal was easy to use and felt confident the application would wind up in the right place. Received an email a couple days after; had an initial call with a seasoned recruiter who was very transparent and candid with me about the process and even guided me so I felt in good hands. Had a couple of conversations with him over a couple weeks where he continued to sort of nurture and prep for the in person interviews. Came in twice in person in sort of a speed dating interview environment to meet team members, peers and partners — which I very much appreciated because it set my expectations from a culture fit perspective ... recruiter continued to keep me in the loop even through vacation time and holidays and I received an offer about a week and a half after my last in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your past accomplishments and how they align with this role.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at iCIMS.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for the same position I have now, just in a different industry. After a quick peek at strong Glassdoor reviews, I agreed to move forward. I spoke with the recruiter who informed me there was a video-proctored test I needed to take as a next step.

I took the quiz (which was fairly math-heavy). The recruiter then asked to schedule another 30-minute call. The call was about 2 minutes, where I was asked to take the test again to “strengthen my candidate profile.”

At that point, I was being asked to set aside time from my current job for a fourth time (first phone screen, first test, speaking with the recruiter on the phone to be asked to re-take, second test) before I could speak with anyone I’d actually be working with about the actual job.

I’m assuming I didn’t score as high on the test as they’d have liked, probably missing the math questions. The role had nothing to do with math, and my experience and past accomplishments were above their minimum requirements on the posting. They had also recruited me; I didn’t apply. I felt like whatever my score was meant more than my actual job experience, and I wasn’t even allowed to learn about this role until I passed an unrelated test.

I then looked at the Glassdoor reviews more closely. It seems they are a bit skewed by the fact that there’s either a mandatory or strongly encouraged point after your first 90 days to leave a review. With all of this, I informed the recruiter I wouldn’t be moving forward.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iCIMS.

Interview

The process starts with them asking you to take the CCAT, which is basically the SAT/IQ test. Then they will do a phone screening. After the phone screening, they will ask you to do an online coding test that they give you 2 hours to do. Then, after all of that, they will ask you to do a 2 and a half hour onsite interview, where you will talk to 2 engineers and 1 project manager.

Suffice to say, the process was way longer than it needed to be. It spanned over 4 months, which is a bit ridiculous. Took a month to get back to me after the final round as well.

Interview Questions

• One debugging question where you had to find out the issue in a snippet of code and fix it.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at iCIMS (Holmdel, NJ (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

From the moment I applied, the recruiter I worked with was incredibly attentive and available to me every step of the way. They made me feel like my experience through the hiring process was paramount and went above and beyond to prepare me as I went through each phase of interviewing. Once onsite for the final interview I was greeted instantly, each interviewer was on time based on the published schedule, and the range of interviewers was set up in a manner that I was truly able to get a feel for what it would be like to work for iCIMS. I cannot say enough good things about the recruitment process.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time you failed. Describe that and what you would do differently looking back.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

I applied online after meeting them at a career fair. They sent me an aptitude test, and then I had a behavioral interview. I was then sent an online coding challenge with three relatively-simply coding/algorithm problems. I thought I did well, but I was rejected after this stage.

Interview Questions

• Fix the error in this code involving bitwise operations.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holmdel, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at iCIMS (Holmdel, NJ (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

A massive waste of time. It's a weird vibe there- seems like they force people to review on Glassdoor to drive their ratings up. The developers don't seem as happy with the company as everyone else made it out to be.

As for the interview process: First you take a logic test alongside a personally test. If you score to their standard, you continue through the process. iCIMS put me through an unnecessary amount of interview steps that was longer than any other company I have interviewed with, and for a moderately sized company in NJ, I thought it was a bad look for them, especially with the excessive amount of time it took. Additionally, the degree of difficulty in the interview was low - nothing asked of me was particularly difficult, but a lot of time was spent asking me fairly condescending questions. Much of the process felt like a waste of everyone's time.
    Once the process was finally over, they told me they would be getting back to me with an offer that day.
    A week passed, two weeks passed, and finally I get a short call that says they closed the position, likely because of the incoming pandemic. Glad I dodged a bullet because they now laid off a ton of workers.

Anonymous Employee in Holmdel, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at iCIMS (Holmdel, NJ (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview with an HR rep and once completed I was directed to take an online assessment. The next step was a follow-up call with the HR rep. The last step was an in-person interview with a few different team members.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were about my personal experiences in marketing and around the job duties.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.