Zillow Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Zillow CEO Spencer Rascoff
Spencer Rascoff

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life Balance is harder to achieve purely because the program is so involved, and needs to cover a huge range of hours (in 15 reviews)

• Managers that have been there for years are lazy and if you report this to HR you get let go (in 10 reviews)

1. "Great & Continues to improve"

I have been working at Zillow full-time

Pros

One of the best places i've ever worked - i'm treated like an adult and given the resources and support to do my job. I also like how transparent they are about what we're working on and that the CEO encourages honest feedback from people.

Most of the people i've met so far have been lovely, without ego and focused on helping each other (bar one or two who've been here a few years and throw their seniority around behind management's back)

Cons

Continue to be transparent with plans. Sometimes information takes time to trickle down.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - incorporating employee feedback and listening to the lifeblood of your business - the people! Continue to ensure that those in leadership positions are the right people, there are a few narcissistic/self-serving people in the management/executive sphere that are not team players but because they're good at their roles, the behavior is let slide.

10 May, 2017 – COO

Thank you for your feedback and I'm glad you are happy here and feel supported. Feel free to reach out directly if you'd like to share any specifics on what we can be doing better. - Amy (COO) ... More

2. "Associate Client Engagement Specialist"

Current Employee - Client Engagement Specialist in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Client Engagement Specialist in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Zillow full-time

Pros

1. Speedy follow up interviews.
    2. Detailed phone interview with benefits & the duties of the workflow.
    3. Freedom we have at Zillow as an employee.
    4. Free breakfast and snacks!
    5. The view of the office.
    6. My co-workers and zillow group as a whole.
    7. Work - Life balance.

Cons

A little more in-depth information as a new hire on giving more guidance on how to set up the 401K and stocks. It seemed like that was left in the blue, and a little harder to find out on my own.

Advice to Management

Thank you! We feel very much appreciated!

3. "A+ in my book"

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of transparency from leadership, they treat you like adults so you feel empowered in the work that you do. Great work life balance and really cool in office environment with great views of the city, quiet areas to work away from your desk, a lot of snacks and monthly catered lunches. The company focuses a lot on community and creating a sense of home is core. They care about feedback (both from employees and consumers) and take action on continuously improving based off of that.

Cons

Its hard to please everyone, but they do they best they can to address major issues - no complaints from me!

Advice to Management

I'm excited to see the amount of management/leadership course being rolled out, I think this will continue to improve the team.

5. "Advice to women joining Seattle sales team"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Z Seattle office is such a fun place to work . Everyone has amazing character, positive personalities and really just want to help. The inside sales org offers opportunity to make a lot of money . The executives are people you are proud of and they inspire you to work harder. And the benefits, so many amazing benefits.

Cons

Zillow has been working hard to be more diverse and it is apparent in most of the department's, except for inside sales. It is still very much a boys club. Even though half of the sales staff are women, almost all the managers are men. All of the General Managers are also men. Being a women means you have to work twice as hard to get half the recognition. I have been at Zillow 2 years and I have not seen a single women promoted . The "boys" also treat the environment with a very "frat like" attitude. You must have very thick skin to survive the environment.

Advice to Management

Amy has been stating in all hands meeting that diversity is such a huge focus, it would be nice to see it put into action. Even though the insides sales group represents a small number of Zillow employees, it is the back bone of the company. Changes need to be made so everyone feels included and if they aren't, more and more talented women are going to leave to find a company that treats them equal

6. "AWESOME COMPANY!"

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Executive in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Executive in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, benefits and work/life balance

Cons

Nothing to report! Best company I've ever worked for.

15 May, 2017 – Sr. Director, Enterprise Sales

Thank you for the glowing review on Glassdoor! Employee feedback is a core priority of the leadership team at Zillow Group and to be recognized as 'the best company you've ever worked for' is great ... More

7. "ZG NYC"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I never imagined when I began working for the ZG Irvine office in 2015 I would get the incredible opportunity to transfer to the NYC office. I get to work for the BEST company and be closer to my family on the east coast. This has been life changing for me.

In the office I truly enjoy everyones positivity and excitement daily. Most of our sales team has been with the company less than a year and everyone steps up to help others, runs huddles, and share their knowledge without hesitation. After coming from a bigger office its amazing to see what we have accomplished in less than a year.

Ive been encouraged to use my pto and go on vacation at ZG. I even get quota relief which makes it a lot less stressful prior to and after I get back.

Having my commute paid for is a huge plus!

Cons

I can't think of any. I actually feel pretty spoiled :)

9 May, 2017 – GM

Thank you for you positive feedback and for your obvious enthusiasm for the culture that we all enjoy building together! We could not do it without the hard work and terrific attitude of people like ... More

8. "A good place to work"

I worked at Zillow full-time

Pros

Great team and culture, fun environment

Cons

Lots of politics. The wrong type of people can thrive

26 May, 2017 – COO

Thank you for your feedback and review! I'm glad you enjoyed the culture and team while you were here. I'm surprised to hear your comment on politics - employee feedback typically tells us the ... More

9. "Zillow work experience"

Pros

work balance is very good

Cons

too much free time to improve technical skill

8 May, 2017 – COO

Thank you for the review and I'm glad you are having a good experience here. - Amy (COO)

"This has been the most rewarding place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They answer your questions and hear your concerns.

Cons

Growing quickly, feeling the pains.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being as open as you have been, please continue this practice!

Zillow Response

9 May, 2017 – CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Thank you for the great review! - Spencer

11. "Regional Account Executive New Construction Team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This team maintains a positive work environment, Zillow Group is a fun company to be a part of with great benefits and a lot of fun perks, i.e. food, swag, events and more!

Cons

The New Construction team is constantly changing whether that be territories, compensation plans or commission structure. The role is overall constantly evolving, from inside sales, to outside sales, to travel out of state once a month, to travel out of state 40% of the time. You never really know what to expect and it is important to be okay with your role changing all of the time in all aspects of the business. Other than out of state travel, the team does provide a strong work/life balance.

Advice to Management

I would recommend to the management team to be transparent an equitable or else you risk continuing to see turnover.

18 May, 2017 – Group Vice President

Thank you for your feedback on Zillow and the New Construction Team. I’m glad you liked the positive work environment, and found it to be fun with a lot of benefits, perks, and more. I’m also happy ... More