Zillow Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.2
Zillow CEO Spencer Rascoff
Spencer Rascoff

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Promotes a healthy work /life balance (in 75 reviews)

• Free food catered in at least once a week (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Very little work/life balance in sales positions (in 19 reviews)

• Zillow has been working hard to be more diverse and it is apparent in most of the department's, except for inside sales (in 11 reviews)

"Business Consultant"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Irvine, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Irvine, CA (US)

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great management team all the way from the top, to the GM, to the manager, to my team lead.
    -World class teammates, the best of the best.
    -Gummy Bears.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

Advice to Management

-Keep up the transparency and the drive to mold the best sales people in Orange County!

2 Apr, 2018 – Senior Director, Premier Agent Sales

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience. I love that you recognize our world-class culture and desire to continue to raise the bar in results! I appreciate your contribution to helping... More

2. "Senior Business Consultant II"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Zillow full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging, fun environment but not flexible. Cool culture.

Cons

Not flexible. Play by the rules and you'll win!

Advice to Management

Be more flexible to keep top talent you've invested into.

12 Apr, 2018 – Senior Director - Inside Sales, Seattle

Thanks for taking the time to send over this good review. I'm glad you enjoyed our culture and found the role challenging. Please let me know if you ever have anything else you'd like to share... More

"Zillow SDE"

Pros

Great work life balance. Very chill.

Cons

Someone older tech. Not a great place to work on the latest and greatest

11 Apr, 2018 – CTO

Thanks for your feedback. I'd love to chat with you to understand more about how your experience at Zillow Group is going. I'm glad you feel like there is a good work/life balance and a chill... More

"Come for sales moving in a troublesome direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

I have been working at Zillow full-time

Pros

Fantastic training, management team, and environment. Ample opportunity to move around the company. Career oriented sales organization. Innovative and committed to growth.

Cons

Comp changes constantly in the wrong direction. The sales organization beat expectations and they were rewarded with twice the competition and a worse compensation plan. They gave us a base pay raise but the commission pay out has been cut in halve over the last 3 years. There is a inverse incentive to become a senior account manager or executive.

Advice to Management

Give us a better comp plan that motivates and your people will perform better. I honestly believe the intention was to move compensation in a positive direction. However, the math isn’t working out.

27 Mar, 2018 – Senior Director, Premier Agent Sales

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear of your positive experiences on the team with leadership, training and our overall office environment. Thank you for contributing to what makes Orange... More

"Sales Executive"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work life balance, great compensation, great opportunity to make as much as you want. Great work culture, amazing benefits....plus a lot more.

I'm writing this review because I've worked in the Seattle sales office for a while now and shocked to read all the comments about have to work over 40 hours a week in order to make quota. Which is NOT TRUE!!! I think our quota's are more than reasonable and most decent worker in sales usually surpass their quota about 120% if not higher.

If you feel like you need to work more than 40 hours in order to hit quota, you're probably not cut out for sales or this is not the right job for you. That's just being brutally honest. I've worked in sales for over 12 yrs for many different companies and Zillow is probably one of the best ones with low stress, great work life balance and still have potential to make a lot of money.

Of course you have to work HARD though, I honesty work less than 40 hours a week and sales managers don't mind. As long as you keep your numbers up and hit quota which is very achievable you get full autonomy and if you want to leave a little early on a Friday its totally OK!

Cons

Can't think of anything, keep up the good work!

12 Mar, 2018 – Senior Director - Inside Sales, Seattle

Thank you for your great review. I think you are spot on highlighting the work/life balance and opportunity we provide here at Zillow Group. If you have any other feedback you'd like to share, feel... More

"Loved it"

Former Employee - Business Consultant in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Business Consultant in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced company always trying to be the first through the window when an opportunity presents itself. Great perks, fresh fruit brought in 2x/week from pike place market, free coffee, snacks and catered lunches a couple times/week. AWESOME people! From the CEO on down to my sales team.

Cons

It's a grueling job. 100+ phone calls/day makes it easy to get burned out.

Advice to Management

Keep innovating and listening to your employees and you'll find continued success.

26 Mar, 2018 – Senior Director - Inside Sales, Seattle

Thank you for the great review! I'm glad you think the people, perks and leadership is awesome. We will keep innovating and listening to our folks per your note. Feel free to reach out to me if... More

"THE BEST PLACE ON EARTH"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Zillow (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything about working for a company like this is the family uplifting atmosphere and an unmatched culture. It is what you get when you work with the best at what they do. Quality of life changer!!!!!

Cons

More gummy bears and sour patch kids. Lol

Advice to Management

Your the best and thank you for making us the best!!!!!!

12 Mar, 2018 – Senior Director - Inside Sales, Seattle

Great to hear you think Zillow Group is the Best Place on Earth to work! We strive to have a great culture and I'm glad you feel we are doing well there. I'll see what I can do about the gummy... More

"Great company overall but experience differs greatly by department"

I have been working at Zillow full-time

Pros

Awesome benefits, great work/life balance, collaborative/innovative culture

Cons

Now that we're getting bigger (3,000+ employees) reorgs are happening in some departments (much like Microsoft), which can make your role vastly different than what you were hired for. This can make it hard to make a career path for yourself.

In particular, I'd be wary of Brand Marketing. Two reorgs in the past 9 months and leadership is struggling to keep up morale.

15 Mar, 2018 – CMO

Thanks for the review, and glad you are enjoying the company overall. I agree: our culture, people and benefits are some of what makes Zillow Group great.

You are right that our org, and our... More

9. "Business Consultant"

Former Employee - Business Consultant in Centennial, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Business Consultant in Centennial, CO (US)

I worked at Zillow full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture with many monetary incentives. Promotes a healthy work /life balance.

Cons

Can become very stressful as sales usually are.

9 Mar, 2018 – Senior Director, Premier Agent Sales

Thank you for your review! Your acknowledgement that we have a great culture, and promote a healthy work/life balance is especially appreciated. We strive to ensure this for all! Thanks again, Ann... More

"Client Engagement"

Current Employee - Client Engagement Specialist in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Client Engagement Specialist in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work atmosphere, coworkers, benefits, management encourages you to speak up and they value our opinions, pay, opportunity to grow, and I could go on and on!

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Management does an excellent job at making their employees feel valued. Best management team I have ever worked for!

Zillow Response

8 Mar, 2018 – CEO (Spencer Rascoff)

Thank you for the great review. I really appreciate it.