Zillow Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Zillow CEO Spencer Rascoff
Spencer Rascoff

Pros
Cons
  • Work/Life Balance is harder to achieve purely because the program is so involved, and needs to cover a huge range of hours (in 13 reviews)

• Managers that have been there for years are lazy and if you report this to HR you get let go (in 10 reviews)

"Great Place - Great people"

Former Employee - GM of Sales in Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - GM of Sales in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Zillow full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Growing company with lots fun perks
    voted best place to work multiple years in a row
    Incredible benefits - life changing benefits also voted some of the best
    Strong Executive leadership who i have faith will continue to navigate Zillow into an even powerful brand.
    Many of the recent glass door reviews seem to be negative or talking about poor leadership however in my 6 years at working at this company i could not have been surrounded with better talent and leaders who care. the other GM's in Denver are world class leaders and even the GM's across the rest of the company - i was/am proud to have called this place home as should the current employees at ZG. this company is just starting to scratch the tip of its potential and i cant wait to see what comes in the future!

I am very proud of my time with ZG and i know anyone looking for a great place to learn and grow this would be an incredible opportunity!

Cons

yes, a lot of change has taken place but if you take a look back as i have, all the past changes have been the right move. change is never easy but its necessary in a growing company - i expect Denver to lead from the front and voice there concerns in a professional manner.

Advice to Management

Not much here other then i do agree more face time from C level executives would go along way in helping calm the small storm in Denver... But i am confident in the people and leadership in Denver to navigate this uncertain time for if i was still there i would expect my team and all of Denver to conduct them self with class and lead by example..

2 Mar, 2017 – Senior Director, Inside Sales

Thank you for the candid and supportive post. Change can be a challenge and rarely is it ever met without adversity. We appreciate your support and feedback. Best of luck with your future ... More

"Believe the hype. This is the real deal"

Current Employee - Client Engagement in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Client Engagement in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Zillow Group has wonderful benefits for employees and the Concierge department, as well as the company is always looking for ways to improve and remain relevant in an ever changing technology environment.

People talk about the culture here and many who are looking to become a Zillowite reference that in their interview, which is great. But it's not just a talking point here or some sort of spin for recruitment efforts. Culture is what we make of it here and everyone truly works hard to create the culture they want to see. Nothing like it anywhere that I have seen in 20 years of business, both public or private.

Big ideas are constantly generated and some of the most important things we have implemented as a company have come from front line folks.

Management cares about their people, and strives to provide support, remove roadblocks and challenges, and create an environment for those they support to grow in their career progression.

We all believe in the vision here, and for good reason; what we are doing is revolutionizing an entire industry for the better.

Cons

There is a repetitive nature to the workflow in Concierge, but that could be said of many positions. What is more accurate is that there is a flow and rhythm to what we do which works for most, but is not for everyone.

What it does allow for is an opportunity to become really proficient and a subject matter expert at what you do, thus giving you great insight into many other departments within the org.

If there truly is a Con here, it's that the Big Ideas and fast movement we must adhere to in order to be the best at what we do, can be frustrating for some. The truth though is that it's a glass half empty kind of outlook and while certainly challenging at times, always leads to a better product for our consumers and clients... and isn't that what we are here to do in the first place?

Advice to Management

Don't get complacent. As strong as we are, we have a long ways to go and complacency is almost always the killer of a good product. Keep pushing for the next goal post, keep striving for even better people management practices and continue to develop our people who are the face of, and ambassadors of Zillow to millions of people across the country. There are great things in the future.

15 Mar, 2017 – VP, Client Experience

Thanks for these very thoughtful comments. I really like the last piece, don't get complacent! Excellent advice if there ever was any. You are 100% correct. Being idle is moving backward. We have to ... More

"Best company I've ever worked for"

Former Employee - Client Engagement Specialist in Seattle, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Client Engagement Specialist in Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

•The management. No micromanagement at all, lots of freedom, and they really do treat you like family. After working for Zillow for a little while, I decided to go back to personal training in the Seattle area. It was one of the hardest decisions over ever made. When telling my managers about my choice, they fully supported my decision. They told me I would always be part of the Zillow family and that I'd always have a place here.
    •The employees. Again, family. Zillow has a long/tough interview process, and it shows. They pick out only the best. Everyone is so genuine and easy to get along with.
    •The benefits. Literally anything you need covered or helped with, they provide.
    •The candy wall...for obvious reasons.

Cons

I can't think of anything.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I've never worked for a company that is so transparent and invests so much in their employees. You do an awesome job of making each and every person feel like they are part of something huge. Zillow really is a big family. The culture is incredible.

17 Mar, 2017 – VP, Client Experience

Great stuff, thank you for sharing. We were sorry to see you go, but glad you went for your passion! It's great to hear you thought the interview process was rigorous and that we pick top talent. We ... More

"Best job you'll ever have"

Current Employee - Agent Care in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Agent Care in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Zillow full-time

Pros

This is a fantastic company for more reasons than I can even describe. ZG stands for amazing things that really sets up the employer for the best possible experience. Not only do I love my day to day tasks, but the people and the culture are truly something special and amazing. I came from a previous employer that did not treat employees well whatsoever, so seeing how ZG just does everything right is such a breath of fresh air. They really provide you with all the resources you need to succeed. If you want an extra training, ask. If you want more experience in something, ask. If you have a certain place you want to get to within the company, ask. All the managers are easy to talk to and are great at helping you reach your goals. They also are extremely transparent with their employees, or "leaving the lights on" as they say. They are huge on "power to the people" (another one of their missions that they strongly stand by). Denver has a really cool office and I have not met one person who is a jerk. It is truly amazing and I could go on forever!

Cons

I have not experienced any challenges or cons. Maybe too many snacks in the kitchen? Too many awesome food trucks? Too many catered lunches? ;)

Advice to Management

Come visit Denver more! We love having you.

17 Mar, 2017 – VP, Client Experience

So great to hear ZG continues to be a great experience for you! We work as hard on culture as you do taking great care of our customers. So keep up the good work! I'd love to hear your ideas on how ... More

6. "Fun, Relaxed Environment"

I have been working at Zillow full-time

Pros

Culture, attitude, transparency, room for career growth

Cons

Difficult to move laterally into certain departments

Advice to Management

N/A

14 Mar, 2017 – COO

Thank you for your feedback and I'm glad you are happy here! - Amy (COO)

"The company that definitely moves fast and thinks big - always."

Current Employee - Premier Agent Concierge in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Premier Agent Concierge in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work in the Premier Agent Concierge department. Zillow Group has wonderful benefits for employees and the company strives to evolve and improve constantly.

You've read about the free food and drinks, the great insurance, the fun workplace and the great people. All of those things are true and more.

I've been able to contribute a lot of ideas to the department that have been implemented. Every idea I've had has been listened to and considered. My team lead is honest, trustworthy and fair. I've become a better employee due to my time on their team and within this department. I feel respected within my position.

I've been in the workplace for nearly 25 years, and Zillow Group has been the best company I've ever worked for. I'm genuinely happy to come to work every day. The majority of the people I work with are great. I have the free time and time with my family that I value. I have job satisfaction and I look forward to long time employment with Zillow Group. I can't ask for anything more.

Cons

This is in the cons section, but I don't personally feel that I've been impacted by these cons.

The complaints I've seen about Premier Agent Concierge would include a repetitive job, concerns about the working hours, working holidays. These things are all true, however, this is all disclosed to prospective employees BEFORE they are hired. Your own performance can impact the control that you actually have over your hours and working holidays (You get paid more for working holidays too). The performance expectations are not difficult if you are a focused person. The perception of a repetitive job can be challenged by making yourself better. Improve your phone tone, your attitude, your general conversations. Don't get bogged down by thinking about the parts of the job that may be less fun, think about the benefits that you receive here and appreciate working for the best and most visited real estate company in the country.

Advice to Management

Thank you for giving me a great place to work, keep it up!

15 Mar, 2017 – VP, Client Experience

Thank you for sharing this wonderful feedback. I'm glad the hard work the leadership team has put in to creating an environment that supports you is paying off. When we take good care of our ... More

8. "Great people, great culture"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I have worked with so far are the best and the brightest I've ever met. Zillow stays true to itself and employees by hiring the best, and providing a great environment to do their best.

Cons

Its often cloudy for some or all of the day in Seattle.

9. "Business Consultant review"

Former Employee - Business Consultant in Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Business Consultant in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Perks, co-workers, location, hours, kitchen

Cons

Feel under a micro-scope, micro-managed

10. "Awesome place to work!!!!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Zillow full-time

Pros

We get to work with an innovative team of sales people and account managers in growing Real Estate agents businesses. The opportunity to grow and be more involved in the upper echelon of the company is huge.

Cons

There are really no cons to this job

9 Mar, 2017 – Senior Director - Inside Sales, Seattle

I'm glad you think Zillow Group is an awesome place to work! We continue to focus on providing the opportunity to grow and I am glad that you have noticed that. If you have any other feedback you'd ... More

"Great company, could work on the department"

Current Employee - Customer Engagement Specialist in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Engagement Specialist in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work 4 days a week and have 3 day weekends. work with great people and have great teams.

Cons

Don't get to benefit from everything that Zillow offers. You are tied to the desk for 10 hours a day and ot's exhausting. There is not a lot of room for movement within the department and they don't encourage you to get to know the company. They want you to focus all your energy on the department without being able to learn anything else.

Advice to Management

Encourage you employees to want to be better and push themselves. Try to understand how monotonous our positions are and make them better for us to work.