Zillow Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Zillow CEO Spencer Rascoff
Spencer Rascoff

Pros
  • Work life balance is incredible (in 51 reviews)

• Free food catered in at least once a week (in 48 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life Balance is harder to achieve purely because the program is so involved, and needs to cover a huge range of hours (in 13 reviews)

• Managers that have been there for years are lazy and if you report this to HR you get let go (in 10 reviews)

"This has been the most rewarding place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They answer your questions and hear your concerns.

Cons

Growing quickly, feeling the pains.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being as open as you have been, please continue this practice!

2. "Best interview ever."

Current Employee - Associate Client Engagement in Centennial, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Associate Client Engagement in Centennial, CO (US)

I have been working at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, benefits are awesome, great open office feel, free snacks and drinks. Positive energy and a beautiful building.

Cons

None that I know know of at this time. I'm sure they all have been addressed if there were any.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Stay focused on your employees and what they are saying and stay humble, no matter how large the company becomes.

18 Apr, 2017 – VP, Client Experience

Hi, wow, thanks for that great feedback (the recently upgraded Denver office does look great, doesn't it?). We definitely want you to have a great space and environment, so you can do great work. I'm ... More

"Still loving my job"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been at Zillow Denver for over 6 years and really enjoy what we do here. The people in the office are incredible and treat each other like family. Things are constantly changing, so the job never gets stale. We have a very respectful, talented and strategic leadership team in place, an unbelievable group of salespeople, and a support staff that any organization would be jealous of. From IT, to customer care, and our newer group of client engagement specialists all the way around are top notch. I've seen this office grow from a baby with 22 employees to one of the most amazing employers in Denver with around 500 currently. We have grown a lot as a company and are just getting stronger and more innovative. It's been a fun and interesting journey and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Cons

I cant think of anything off the top of my head

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people and they will continue to perform.

6 Apr, 2017 – Senior Director, Inside Sales

Thank you for the great review and, more importantly, thank you for your years of contribution to Zillow Group. Your insight into change is a good one. When you become part of the Zillow Group ... More

"Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Zillow has a terrific internal culture and a great sense of work/life balance. Despite the high expectations at work, it's entirely possible to unplug for an evening, weekend, or vacation and set work aside. The company recognizes talent and quality contributions and there are a lot of opportunities to move up.

Cons

I'm struggling to think of any significant negatives.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

10 Apr, 2017 – COO

Great to hear! Thank you for the review and thank you for your contributions to making ZG great! - Amy (COO)

6. "Zillow Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Zillow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone at Zillow is dedicated to creating a transparent work environment which I have found I truly value.

Cons

Can't think of any right now

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Sales"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Irvine, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Irvine, CA (US)

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This review is based off my experience at Zillow Irvine.
    Where do I start with the amount of pros I have in mind. I started off at Zillow group about a year and half ago. The experience thus far has been amazing! I have never been part of an organization that genuinely cares for its people. It all starts from very top from CEO all the way down to our floor leaders (managers)

Financial opportunity- The financial opportunities are endless. We sell one of the greatest products in the industry. If you work hard and smart compensations are generous.

Work culture- The thing I admire most about Zillow group is our work culture. This company puts its people first before anything, it truly believes that for it to continue to be an industry leader, it must treat its employees with respect, opportunity and growth and therefore it will attract the best talent around. Everything at Zillow group is about positivity, growth and professional development.

Benefits, perks, parties etc- We have great benefits. Full medical coverage, fully stacked kitchen, great Christmas party (fly out to Seattle with airfare and hotel provided by the company)

Cons

I personally don't have any cons. If you respect your work environment and work hard. The potential is unlimited.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

6 Apr, 2017 – Senior Director, Inside Sales

Thank you for the fantastic review. It literally made my day. Across the board the insights you share are similar to mine. If you have more feedback, please feel free to share it with me personally ... More

"The Best Company...Ever!"

Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Zillow is the best company you will ever work for. Why? It has a world class leadership team from the CEO right down to the team managers (follow the CEO on social media if you have a chance). There is a lot of transparency from senior management about what we are doing and why we are doing it. I always feel like I am part of something amazing every single day. It feels like a two-way street in the office, where employee feedback is always listened to and appreciated. I am not from America, but I felt valued, welcomed and included from the moment I walked in to my first interview until now. The company’s values in key issues such as equal pay for woman & pro-diversity makes me very proud. They retain the best talent in the industry through their company culture, innovation, ‘move fast think big’ attitude, and striving to be a top employer in tech.

The office is so up-beat, it’s hard not to smile as soon as you walk in each morning!

Cons

There are no cons I can think of.

Advice to Management

Thank you very much for supporting equal pay and diversity. It means a lot.

10 Apr, 2017 – Zillow Representative

Thank you so much for your review. We’re working hard to create an inclusive and open environment, and so it’s especially heartwarming to hear feedback specific to those areas. The core value of ... More

"Strong culture and environment"

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Input is incouraged and often implemented upon across the organization.

Benefits are really strong, even for the Seattle tech community.

Focus on career advancement is the strongest I've ever experienced in a company.

Cons

Growing pains are evident, especially when it comes to process and procedures (or sometimes lack thereof). However, as eluded to in the pros, the ability to help shape the direction of future goals and drive future success is a strong mitigating factor to this.

Ownership is a requirement here. Not necessarily a con, but a heads up to anyone who just wants to just wants to sit at a desk and execute on an already delivered plan, that won't always exist here. For people who want to help shape the future of a team, this is honestly a plus.

Advice to Management

Occasionally, broken processes are met with a a shrug and a "well that's just how it is". With so many opportunities already being embraced to reinvent and evolve, it can be frustrating to run in to those walls.

10 Apr, 2017 – COO

Thank you for the review and feedback, and I'm glad you are happy here! If you have any specific processes you feel need to be addressed (or aren't being addressed adequately), feel free to email me ... More

"Zillow is a rewarding opportunity and fulfilling company to work for."

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Denver, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are top of the line, and in most cases the pay is above average. The CEO is extremely transparent, and the company's mission is genuine.

Cons

As with any emerging tech company, change is essential. However, sometimes that goal precedes the needs of their client base, or products and features are released too quickly.

Advice to Management

Incentivize mid level management to mimic upper level management's transparency, and to mirror company values more prominently.

21 Apr, 2017 – Senior Director, Inside Sales

Thank you for the review. I share the same sentiment you have regarding the benefits at Zillow Group, our mission, and the level of transparency exhibited by our executives. I am curious to hear ... More

"Move Fast, Think Big"

I have been working at Zillow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Never have I ever felt so appreciated. The openness, transparency and communication to employees is core to Zillow and it shows. Individuals, departments and teams are encouraged to swing for the bleachers and move things forward at warp speed. Zillow is changing the real estate industry, and it is fascinating to be a part of it.

Cons

Sometimes in the moving so fast, we don't take the time to give proper shout outs or credit to those that worked hard on a project, or communicate cross-company about changes.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and know that your employees appreciate being in the know!