Uberflip Reviews

Found 83 of over 94 reviews

4.3
Uberflip Co-founder and CEO Yoav Schwartz
Yoav Schwartz
Pros
  • "I don't play ping pong or drink beer or any of the other things that people in startups do(in 15 reviews)

• "No major side effects during covid crisis (except missed foosball/pingpong games and in-person celebrations)_(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Before Covid-19 some departments had more work from home days than others(in 9 reviews)

• "Expansion lead to some growing pains(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Company

Feb 20, 2021 - Business Development Representative in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong culture and Product management

Cons

None I can think of at the moment

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

One of the best decisions of my life.

Jan 4, 2021 - Account Executive in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working at Uberflip for 4 years on the Sales side. 4 years at a startup is like 40 years, and there is a reason why I haven't moved on. If you're looking to get challenged each and every day, then Uberflip is for you. It feels amazing to sell software that actually improves the lives of our customers. The work is meaningful. My coworkers are family. Our leaders are inspirational and I don't think the negative posts on Glassdoor actually illustrate the life you will have here. Feel free to connect with any AE at the company and we will give you a true breakdown of what it's like to work at Uberflip. The good and the bad.

Cons

The grass is always greener on the other side. What company doesn't have any issues? Growth typically comes with adversity. The cons at Uberflip are the ones associated with the traditional growing pains of a fast-growing company. I don't see anything that stands out. I will forever remember the way we shifted our organization during COVID. The focus was on our people first, then customers.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Mostly good with some room to improve

Nov 23, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- A lot of great, kind people working hard - Lots of opportunity to learn and work cross-functionally. You'll see the good and the bad while working at Uberflip, but overall it can be a great place to learn and develop yourself. - Value-prop could use some work but overall the company seems to be moving in the right direction, listening to the market and becoming more competitive - The leadership team is transparent - leaders are approachable and willing to listen, even if it does not always lead to action - People often think of culture as the beer fridge, snacks, ping pong tables etc, but what I think what makes Uberflip's culture great is the quality of the people. Uberflip, while having its flaws, has built a team of kind, tolerant and positive people. It's a place where it's easy to become friends with your colleagues.

Cons

- Lack of consistent direction across the organization. There is a lot of talk about mission and values, but the actions of teams and individuals do not always align - A lot of talk about focusing and investing in their people, however a lot of great talent is overlooked and/or under-compensated - Accountability is not consistent across the organization. "Sacred idols" are hindering the ability to evolve and deliver.

5 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work and grow your career!

Jan 4, 2021 - Account Executive in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Uberflip is a workplace where you are constantly surrounded by smart and driven people. There is a certain sense of community and pride that's very hard to replicate. It's a company that's invested in its people and devoted to creating a great work environment to spark innovation and success. There is also never a shortage of growth opportunities whether that be vertically or horizontally. People are given the chance to rise up the ranks as well as explore different parts of the business. Lastly, Uberflip has some of the greatest leaders and managers I have ever had the pleasure of working with and are a big enough reason alone to work here. I would highly recommend Uberflip as an employer!

Cons

Communication from the top down may be a little disconnected at times but I know the decisions being made come from a good place with employees in mind.

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Proud Uberflipper!

Jan 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, product, and people (a rare combination to find). Incredible talented people working together to make things better every day. The company is full of opportunities and cares about the overall growth of the employees. Founders listen to their employees' concerns and take corrective action if required. No major side effects during covid crisis (except missed foosball/pingpong games and in-person celebrations)_.

Cons

Some regular startup growth phase bumps on the way, but nothing major.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

An amazing place to learn & earn for the right type of sales person.

Jan 9, 2021 - Account Executive in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

Uberflip has been an amazing opportunity for me as a salesperson early in my career. - Smart, capable, tenured sales team who are all willing to share tips & success - Caring sales leadership who invest in your success - Trust in your ability to execute from direct management & no micromanagement. - Opportunities to sell with lots of freedom in strategy & execution... tons of room for creativity and trying new things. The team is full of high quality talent but more importantly, good people who care about the success of the team and their counterparts. You don't see that in every sales team. I've always felt a level of respect & care from exec team both from a career development and personal perspective.

Cons

- Problems from other departments that can impact ability to sell confidently - Lack of follow through thinking on plans & poor communication downward. That said, Uberflip is not for everyone... sales people who come from larger, Enterprise or more traditional types of companies typically don't do well here. You need to learn how to swim on your own without all of the support / processes /resources etc. that you might be used to. The employee experience is different in the Sales Org than other departments which may explain some of the variances in reviews here. I believe this team has it together. We've had our problems like any company, but the sales team has been steady throughout & experienced some of the least turnover over the past 1-2 years.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great challenges with great people.

Feb 19, 2021 - Team Member in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people. The growth opportunity. The market. The flexibility. The focus on mental health and well-being. Open communication. Thie list is long.

Cons

We have some tricky challenges with our product and implementation, but the entire company is committing to tackling these issues together.

8. 5.0

Incredible place to work

Nov 23, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

In a nutshell, leadership and culture. The people are truly wonderful humans; the mission is clear and aspirational, and I truly believe this company will impact marketers' lives with its tech. A recent acquisition that led to hiring a bunch of great developers and a VP Product have really changed the game.

Cons

Like most startups, the pace is fast and not for everyone. The technology has gaps but they're actively being addressed and innovated upon. There's a bit of a diversity gap, but the company's taken strides to hire more BIPOC. Honestly more than I've heard most companies do.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work, startup having troubles growing up

Mar 30, 2021 - Engineering in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is fantastic. Everyone really wants to get along and have fun at work. I think the product has a lot of potential

Cons

short-term thinking and firefighting seems to be what everyone prefers to do rather then plan ahead.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing leadership - really devoted to creating an inclusive and welcoming culture

Nov 23, 2020 - People & Culture Team in Toronto, ON
      Business Outlook

Pros

- very supportive leadership across all departments in the organization - strong DEI initiative with targets, leadership very much values everyone's voice, opinion, and perspective and it shows on a weekly basis - open door policy across the organization and everyone is very responsive - transparency is there, leadership always addresses the elephant in the room in a positive way, there are only good intentions

Cons

- none that raises red flags; leadership understands any flaws that we have and are responding quickly and making evident changes to make sure we are becoming a company that everyone is proud to be a part of

3 people found this review helpful