Uberflip Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2020

3.9
Uberflip Co-founder and CEO Yoav Schwartz
Yoav Schwartz
Pros
  • "I don't play ping pong or drink beer or any of the other things that people in startups do(in 14 reviews)

• "We also know how to have fun with our ping pong tables, foosball and hanging out in the club district in our office on Fridays(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "A work from home policy (1 day a week) but it doesn't seem like its encouraged(in 8 reviews)

• "The obvious growing pains--the operations need to catch up with the growth--but that's where our recent funding comes in(in 5 reviews)

1. "Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Toronto, ON

I worked at Uberflip full-time

Pros

Excellent culture, along with a product that is interesting and currently in a growth stage. Very helpful co-workers and managers that help aid with personal growth and strong leadership

Cons

Nothing that I can think of!

2. "Facing in the right direction and making progress"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Director in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Uberflip full-time

Pros

Focused on delivering solutions that make a difference to marketing. We aren't trying to be everything for everybody.

Cons

Standard challenges of a brilliant startup that faces the challenges of scaling.

"Avoid at all costs"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I worked at Uberflip full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dedicated and friendly colleagues at junior levels

Cons

Incompetent management peddling worthless product

"Great people, open culture, good communication, beautiful office"

Former Employee - Marketing in Toronto, ON

I worked at Uberflip full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Lots of fun, hard-working, and motivated people - Open & inclusive culture - Company was continuously expanding, which provided a great learning experience, career growth, and opportunities to try new things - Generally strong leadership & good communication - Stunning office space with lots of natural lighting - Innovative environment, open to new ideas

Cons

- Expansion lead to some growing pains - Too many priorities could lead to employees being overworked

Continue reading
  5. "Exciting environment to work and grow"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Uberflip full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is by far one of the best jobs I've ever had. As a software developer, one of the most important elements that contributes to my happiness is working on a valuable product. I really like our product, there's lots of work to keep me busy, and we're constantly adding new features and improvements. Working with the Product and Managers has been easy, I feel like they have good focus and direction, they're good at prioritizing what is important, and overall have done a good job setting realistic timelines and keeping a manageable workload for the engineering team. Our engineering team works well together, it's a positive & kind group of engineers and technical experts, and in my short time working here we've been able to deploy a lot of valuable features and improvements. We have daily deployments, learning workshops, team lunches, awesome events/parties, and overall it's been a welcoming environment for me to come everyday to solve, build, learn, grow and be challenged.

Cons

The location is slightly on the outskirts of downtown Toronto, not the most ideal for commuters coming from the suburbs. But it's a breathtaking 30,000 sqft facility with 16 foot ceilings that is unlike any other. Comfortable private washroom stalls, large kitchen with snacks and coffee/tea/carbonated water, fitness room, weekly yoga/meditation, and if you need a rush of addrenalin, game options include ping pong, foosball, billiards, bubble hockey, and darts.

Continue reading

"Best place to work ..!!"

Current Employee - Manager Business Applications in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Uberflip full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing people with full of energy. One of the best startup companies in Toronto.

Cons

I haven't found any cons so far!!

"RUNNN"

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Toronto, ON

I worked at Uberflip full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some good people here and there

Cons

Long story short its possibly the worst enviroment you will ever work in. Do yourself a favour and meet up with someone who works there before accepting an offer. MGMT is trying to portray a positive image of how amazing it is to work there. Its LIE. Just meetup with someone and don't trust online reviews.

"Great team, great product, cautious when hiring"

4.0
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Uberflip full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone seems capable, customers love the core product, awesome growth, very open and communicative exec team.

Cons

Lot's of customer wants and needs leads to tough choices in terms of priorities. Might be slow to grow dev team due to focus on quality candidates.

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Uberflip full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing culture, work life balance, and meritocratic attitudes.

Cons

Low salary, some growing pains with new investors

"Don't believe the hype"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Uberflip full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great looking office environment with fun toys and snacks - Fun team building parties and events - Some good people at the lower levels that really do want to mak a difference in the company.

Cons

- Constant turnover with a senior leadership team that is constantly blaming the other side. - Since taking on funding they have not been able to live up to the promises that were made to the investors. - Serious lack of experience on the Executive team, none of them have experience in scaling a company like Uberflip, but like to pretend they do. - Employees will not challenge any ideas the leadership team has out of fear of being terminated like many others that didn't "align with their strategy".

Uberflip Response

August 27, 2019President & CMO

Responding to the individual here feel somewhat wrong. The reviewer appears to have a severe grievance from their time which I doubt I’ll be able to rectify given the approach. Instead I’ll use this post to address those who read through to the bottom of the above. This review makes me feel one thing: we need a better hiring process. I don’t say this to be rude or harsh to the employee despite the fact they’ve offended every group of our team. Clearly the experience for the above person was a sour one. But it seems this wasn’t the right place for them. We clearly missed ensuring alignment to our culture. The big lesson all of us should take is the importance of finding a career where we feel at home. Clearly this was a mismatch. Being very honest this post reads as an angry rant lacking specifics. Am I the perfect entrepreneur? No. Am I the model CMO? No. But I’m determined, passionate and caring about our company, our customers and our people. That in combination with the people who work towards our mission including my co-founder/CEO has allowed us to scale and build something most consider special. One area I won’t allow to go unanswered is when it comes to our executive team and how they were addressed here. They are great, talented and experienced. In fact, we hire only A players for execs because when we (as co-founders) do we fill the gaps in our own ability to lead at the next stage. Here’s the reality: The author of this post should never have been an Uberflipper for the following reason alone: we do not speak this way of our people no matter how they’re performing. That is the Heart of H.U.S.T.L.E. I hope they learn some empathy and compassion as they progress in their career as speaking of people like this shouldn’t be tolerated. Randy, CMO, President

Found 60 reviews