Uberflip Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Dec 12, 2019

3.9
Uberflip Co-founder and CEO Yoav Schwartz
Yoav Schwartz
Pros
  • "I don't play ping pong or drink beer or any of the other things that people in startups do(in 14 reviews)

• "We also know how to have fun with our ping pong tables, foosball and hanging out in the club district in our office on Fridays(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "A work from home policy (1 day a week) but it doesn't seem like its encouraged(in 8 reviews)

• "Work/life balance: Working from 9-5 will not happen(in 5 reviews)

1. "Great people, open culture, good communication, beautiful office"

Former Employee - Marketing in Toronto, ON

I worked at Uberflip full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Lots of fun, hard-working, and motivated people - Open & inclusive culture - Company was continuously expanding, which provided a great learning experience, career growth, and opportunities to try new things - Generally strong leadership & good communication - Stunning office space with lots of natural lighting - Innovative environment, open to new ideas

Cons

- Expansion lead to some growing pains - Too many priorities could lead to employees being overworked

Advice to Management

Direction could be idealistic & impractical at times, creating unnecessary priorities that overlooked what worked. Overall, keep hiring great people, get better at using data in your go-to-market, and focus on the right priorities (and less flashy ones) that matter.

Uberflip2019-12-13
  2. "Exciting environment to work and grow"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Uberflip full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is by far one of the best jobs I've ever had. As a software developer, one of the most important elements that contributes to my happiness is working on a valuable product. I really like our product, there's lots of work to keep me busy, and we're constantly adding new features and improvements. Working with the Product and Managers has been easy, I feel like they have good focus and direction, they're good at... prioritizing what is important, and overall have done a good job setting realistic timelines and keeping a manageable workload for the engineering team. Our engineering team works well together, it's a positive & kind group of engineers and technical experts, and in my short time working here we've been able to deploy a lot of valuable features and improvements. We have daily deployments, learning workshops, team lunches, awesome events/parties, and overall it's been a welcoming environment for me to come everyday to solve, build, learn, grow and be challenged.

Cons

The location is slightly on the outskirts of downtown Toronto, not the most ideal for commuters coming from the suburbs. But it's a breathtaking 30,000 sqft facility with 16 foot ceilings that is unlike any other. Comfortable private washroom stalls, large kitchen with snacks and coffee/tea/carbonated water, fitness room, weekly yoga/meditation, and if you need a rush of addrenalin, game options include ping pong,... foosball, billiards, bubble hockey, and darts.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the vision and don't get sidetracked trying to please those who can't be pleased.

Uberflip2019-10-09

"Best place to work ..!!"

Current Employee - Manager Business Applications in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Uberflip full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing people with full of energy. One of the best startup companies in Toronto.

Cons

I haven't found any cons so far!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Uberflip2019-08-28

"RUNNN"

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Toronto, ON

I worked at Uberflip full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some good people here and there

Cons

Long story short its possibly the worst enviroment you will ever work in. Do yourself a favour and meet up with someone who works there before accepting an offer. MGMT is trying to portray a positive image of how amazing it is to work there. Its LIE. Just meetup with someone and don't trust online reviews.

Uberflip2019-09-30

"Great team, great product, cautious when hiring"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Uberflip full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone seems capable, customers love the core product, awesome growth, very open and communicative exec team.

Cons

Lot's of customer wants and needs leads to tough choices in terms of priorities. Might be slow to grow dev team due to focus on quality candidates.

Advice to Management

Be more open to taking chances on Junior hires that show lots of future potential.

Uberflip2019-08-27

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Uberflip full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing culture, work life balance, and meritocratic attitudes.

Cons

Low salary, some growing pains with new investors

Advice to Management

Keep your culture-first approach alive.

Uberflip2019-08-04

"Don't believe the hype"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Uberflip full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great looking office environment with fun toys and snacks - Fun team building parties and events - Some good people at the lower levels that really do want to mak a difference in the company.

Cons

- Constant turnover with a senior leadership team that is constantly blaming the other side. - Since taking on funding they have not been able to live up to the promises that were made to the investors. - Serious lack of experience on the Executive team, none of them have experience in scaling a company like Uberflip, but like to pretend they do. - Employees will not challenge any ideas the leadership team has... out of fear of being terminated like many others that didn't "align with their strategy".

Advice to Management

Truely live up to those "values" and be transparent with your employees, stop trying to fit the square peg in the round hole and admit when you've make a mistake in the analysis of your business. Also go hire an executive team that has a proven track record of scaling a MarTech companies like Uberflip (and that means a new CMO too). Just because you "wrote" a book doesn't mean you know how to run a company.

Uberflip2019-08-22

"Sesame street comes to Toronto"

Former Employee - Business Development in Toronto, ON

I worked at Uberflip full-time for more than a year

Pros

Popcorn, beers, easy going work environment, great work life balance

Cons

Founders don't like to take ownership for the sub par product they are selling and pass blame to everyone underneath them when something goes wrong

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging in areas of the business where you have no expertise, let the people you hire do their jobs. You may want to consider improving the product

Uberflip2019-06-27

"To those who endured the bloodbath..."

Former Employee - BDR in Toronto, ON

I worked at Uberflip full-time for less than a year

Pros

There were some of the most fun, friendly and talented people I have ever worked with.

Cons

Drank the coolaid right away. First few month's were great, then they brought in new managers (awwwwffuuuul), kept moving the goalposts while hiring dozens of reps. You spent 3 hours of your day just finding accounts to work. Some of the new reps were paired with AEs who had all the best accounts, and would be propped up as "rockstars" -ha. Got more and more culty while the job started to suck more and more. They... ended up PiPPing like half the team, and even though most hit performance metrics the "day of recknoning" came where they mass fired a bunch of people in 10-12 minute increments. It was a bloodbath. Seemed to be largely a political / "fit" decision as some of the lowest performing reps kept their jobs. Was actually sweet, sweet relief though. Apparently it's marginally better now and so if you are new to sales, and want to hone your skills do it. It's also funny to note that they were rated Toronto's best employer while they were axing half their sales team, and having people quit left right and center.

Advice to Management

Keep "hustling". Maybe shell out some of that VC dough to those who those who were able to stay with you.

Uberflip2019-07-04

"Great Culture, Amazing People, Caring Leadership"

Current Employee - Developer in Parkdale, ON

I have been working at Uberflip full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is truly an amazing company with great people. Here are just a few of the points that I can think on top of my head. - Everyone is extremely talented and friendly - Every level of the organization treats each other with respect and value - Very defined culture, goals and aspirations (which they are driving home more often in town halls) - Lots of perks including team outings, events, food, snacks, ping... pong table, pool table, foosball and much more! - Amazing opportunity for people to try many different hats as your role will grow and evolve during your time here - The leadership here is top-notch as they are very transparent about a majority of their decisions and I feel like they care for many of their employees. Additionally, they have charisma and are great inspirational speakers. - The office design is very slick and invites collaboration between peers

Cons

This would be a perfect score but I couldn't give it at the current moment due to the following issues. - As it is a startup, it is expected that everyday is different and there are tons of work and technologies you use that will go beyond the scope of your initial role. However, over time, I am spending less time doing the work that I signed up to do but instead is supporting other tasks that are sometimes... tedious and not that challenging. - Sometimes, my questions and concerns that are brought up are not addressed until several follow-ups later. - I understand that equipment is expensive but some of the machines that are provided could be upgraded to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of work. - The office is a bit on the outskirts of downtown Toronto. - High turnover, which they are addressing this coming year.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing and striving for success. You have an entire team of dedicated and talented people. However, it would be great to stop at times and evaluate if the work assigned to employees is a good fit for their passion.

Uberflip2018-12-13