60% would recommend to a friend
(77553 total reviews)
64% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "It is good pay compared to most jobs and they are good about making you take breaks." (in 7363 reviews)
- "A lot of the other team members are really great people and fun to work with." (in 3849 reviews)
- "Benefits are good; you can elect benefits for self and family if you average 32 hours per week; part" (in 3116 reviews)
- "I stayed because coworkers were lovely and they were great about working around my classes." (in 2837 reviews)
- "The day to day operations and great and most of the team members and great to work with." (in 1883 reviews)
- "You also have to deal with people who don't pull their own weight and poor management." (in 5109 reviews)
- "Long hours and not always sympathetic about needing to leave work at a reasonable time.." (in 2681 reviews)
- "Rude managers who were constantly stressed out and would never allow you to ask questions." (in 1770 reviews)
- "Also plan on working constantly because everything is a priority and there's no work life balance." (in 1671 reviews)
- "No training and then team leads get mad at you when you don't know what you're doing" (in 789 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Target and is not affected by filters.
Found 77,553 of over 81K reviews
Updated Dec 4, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.0Sept 20, 2022Fulfillment AssociateCurrent Employee
Around december/late nov weekends, pay is 17.50 an hour. I was always running around to pick up orders so it wasn't boring. I had two other jobs in retail and I preferred my job at Target over them both. Less consequences calling out.
The management is awful. Team leads will tell you to do different things, or if you're lucky, ask you to ignore all your job responsibilities altogether and help out another department, which screws you over when you're closing. Less consequences calling out, so people call out all the time which leaves you overworked.
Target Reviews FAQs
Target has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 80,711 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at Target to a friend and 47% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
60% of Target employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Target 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.