89% would recommend to a friend
(13800 total reviews)
92% approve of CEO
What people are saying about SAP
Got a burning question about SAP? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with SAP employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Work life balance is good if you don't plan on moving up in the company" (in 2493 reviews)
- "Good Benefits and Health" (in 1953 reviews)
- "The people you work with are great and feels like a much smaller company on the day to day." (in 1154 reviews)
- "The culture is great and they provide you the correct tools to thrive in a growing environment." (in 1009 reviews)
- "Great company and colleagues during the time I worked there" (in 669 reviews)
- "Salaries are low across the board compared to similar positions both inside and outside of SAP Tempe." (in 817 reviews)
- "poor management and also doesnt let out tips to be visible" (in 383 reviews)
- "A bad manager will only think about his/her own promotion and not care about team." (in 321 reviews)
- "With such a large company, it can be hard to be heard, but upper management in my area has been doing their best to connect with employees." (in 71 reviews)
- "Such a large organization that exposure do different LOBs is difficult to navigate and communicate with." (in 55 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of SAP and is not affected by filters.
Found 13,800 of over 29K reviews
Updated Nov 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Nov 18, 2023Communications SpecialistFormer Employee, less than 1 yearVancouver, BC
Growth Opportunities Mentorship Flexibility Work Life Balance
Pay Parking Pay No benefits
- 5.0Oct 9, 2023Customer Success Partner ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsVancouver, BC
Excellent benefits Transparent organization You can build a community within the org Fairly high job stability Company has made an intentional effort to attract and up-skill young talent
Lower pay compared to large cloud companies in the space Slow-moving pace compared to other cloud companies. SAP does not strive for cutting-edge innovation and change, it strives for intentional controlled growth.
- 5.0Aug 4, 2023Front End DeveloperFormer EmployeeToronto, ON
Reputation and Brand Value: SAP is recognized globally and has a strong reputation in the IT industry. Working at SAP can bolster your CV and make you more attractive to future employers. Diverse Projects: SAP has a wide range of products and services, providing employees with opportunities to work on diverse and challenging projects. Learning Opportunities: SAP is at the forefront of many new technologies. Employees have the chance to work with, and learn from, some of the latest tech trends. Professional Growth: There are ample opportunities for career advancement within the company due to its size and global presence. Work Culture: SAP is often recognized for its inclusive and supportive work culture. The company promotes diversity and provides flexibility in terms of work hours and remote work.
Change Management: SAP's wide range of products and constant innovation can result in frequent changes. This could be challenging for some employees to keep up with. Competitive Environment: While a degree of competition can be healthy and motivating, some employees might find the competitive environment at SAP stressful. Limited Impact: In such a large organization, some employees may feel that their individual contributions don't have a substantial impact or are not recognized adequately.
- 5.0Nov 15, 2023Engineering ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsMontreal, QC
Good benefits Company culture cares for employees Wonderful work ethics
Sometimes salaries are less than industry standard for a role
- 4.0Nov 8, 2023SAP IXpAgile Developer, HANA and AnalyticsFormer Employee, less than 1 yearVancouver, BC
Better pay compared to other local companies in Vancouver
Did I lot of QA-related daily work, no project
- 3.0Aug 4, 2023Program ManagerCurrent EmployeeVancouver, BC
- Drastically depends on your specific team when it comes to culture - In balanced teams, the work/life balance is good - Generally, gives you the equipment you need to do your job
- Drastically depends on your specific team when it comes to culture - In unbalanced teams, the work/life balance is not there, and lots of time and effort is wasted on things that get thrown out the next week - The overall umbrella culture is quite older, and things can take a long time with many processes and many people to go through before anything can be done - Overall pretty drastic lack of diversity, especially as you look at leadership - Probably shouldn't be the last point, but at one big company event a few years back two female employees were assaulted and leadership's 'handling' of the event was not great2
- 5.0Oct 4, 2023Software DeveloperCurrent EmployeeMontreal, QC
- Really cares about it's people - Flexible working hours - Good company culture, very international and open minded - Good benefits
Politics, - Strategy Slow decision making and execution - Lots of processes - Skillset developped may lock you into the SAP related roles if you aren't careful about which team you land in
SAP Reviews FAQs
SAP has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 29,322 reviews left anonymously by employees. 89% of employees would recommend working at SAP to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
89% of SAP employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated SAP 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.