SAP Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4.3

4,983 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Grass is not necessarily greener"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Calgary, AB
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Calgary, AB

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

flexibile work schedule; work from home; lots of career opportunities; great compensation; possibility for career longevity

Cons

the bad things about ANY organization are usually related to who is in charge: people are people. At SAP, bad management does move on over time, so it's just a matter of waiting it out or looking for a new opportunity within

2. "Great place for long term"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, good culture, lots of opportunities to learn and grow. Good salary, bonus and benefits and for then most part good flexibility.

Cons

Large company so need to be prepared to be patient to get ahead and comfortable with lots of processes.

Advice to Management

Good leaders care about their employee's goals and help them advance their career and do not hinder their advancement. People will remain steadfastly loyal to leadership that supports them and helps them leverage their talents at work.

"Developer Associate"

Current Employee - Developer Associate in Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Developer Associate in Montreal, QC

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance.
    Managers listen to employees concerns or views related to team, project, and process.
    Well defined projects for the upcoming years.
    Treats employees on par with customers.
    I am proud to be an employee at SAP.

Cons

I don't find any cons since SAP has everything in place to fulfill employees needs. It could convert more number of interns to regular employees.

27 Jun, 2017 – Life at SAP Team

Wow, thank you for the great review! It brings us joy to hear that you are proud to work here for these reasons. We do have a new program, SAP Internship Experience Project (iXp), specifically for... More

5. "Development Support Enginer"

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in Toronto, ON

I worked at SAP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company cares about career and personal development.

Cons

There are a lot of bureaucracy between all the tasks and projects. The process of getting things done is not efficient.

Advice to Management

Empower employee and provide more support in new ideas.

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been working here for over 18 years now and it is a fast paced dynamic environment that challenges me and allows me to push myself and grow.
    The organization is filled with intelligent and driven individuals who are an absolute joy to work with.
    The compensation and benefits package is very competitive
    There is some flexibility in the working environment with things like working hours and working remotely, etc.
    Tons of career development opportunities!

Cons

On the flip side of it being fast paced and dynamic, the work load can be overwhelming sometimes so keeping work life balance can be a challenge. Overall the pluses far outweight the negatives

27 Jun, 2017 – Life at SAP Team

It's an honor to hear from an employee who's been with the company for as long as you have! Thank you for an open and honest review.

7. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Toronto, ON

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation plan, long term incentives and short term incentives are top notch. The sales bag is large which gives me the opportunity to sell to almost every account assigned to me. Working with very intelligent people every day and solving complex business challenges for our clients.

Cons

Work life balance is hard to find here. Expectations are to be in front of clients during the day and administration at night. They will expect you to work HARD.

8. "Not bad!"

Former Employee - Global Mobile Product Marketing Team in Toronto, ON
    Former Employee - Global Mobile Product Marketing Team in Toronto, ON

I worked at SAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hands-off management, opportunity to travel, intelligent colleagues.

Cons

Complicated business network, there is a chance your team could be scattered around the world and you will have difficulty scheduling meetings.

27 Jun, 2017 – Life at SAP Team

Love the list of pros you have here. We know accommodating schedules for varying time zones does require effort, but the global workforce we have at SAP is why we are a market leader and able to... More

9. "Great workplace - good benefits"

Current Employee - Software Development Manager in Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Software Development Manager in Montreal, QC

Pros

Promotions from within, benefits (lunch, insurance, shares program, transportation, location of offices)

Cons

Culture could be better - high engagement but doesn't always feel natural

10. "Relaxed but really Laid-back"

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Montreal, QC
    Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Montreal, QC

Pros

- People are very very friendly and nice in general
    - Very chilled out environment ( Con for a young dude like me tho, I don't have kids and family to be chilled-out with, I need to pursue my dream!)
    - Pays higher than local companies in the area with 26$/hr
    - The office has amazing equipments for the employees, SAP cares for employee's health

Cons

- Not too Technical : It is not a company if you expect to learn a lot and try out many hot/sexy technologies. You have to follow SAP's technology stack which is very non-flexible and slow. SAP is also not mature for Cloud application development, they even have some stupid bugs that a high school student will be able to debug. I learnt nothing.
    - Laziness : Huge amount of leave requests on monthly average basis. Note, This is without working from home days and vacations. When you come to the office, some people are always chatting, drinking tea and talking about their dogs and cats. Some interns even call here "SPA" not "SAP"
    - No training, no culture shock at all : when you step into the office, no one will come and show you to get you introduced to the project, and let you know where they are at (I wonder if they know what they are doing neither). Everyone just stares at the screen, and do not want to be helpful unless you keep bugging them. This is not the case in my previous internships, there will usually be a mentor and senior engineer assigned to you and give you instructions.
    - Very traditional software company : no innovation is needed, do not give incentive to hard working fellows but to actors who come to the office 9-5 and sit there for meditation.

Advice to Management

- Give more space and trust to the young people, otherwise SAP is not going to be attractive to young talents anymore whereas there are so many options out there for people who want to have an influential contribution

11. "Commercial Account Executive"

Current Employee - Commercial Account Executive in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Commercial Account Executive in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the culture, earning potential, leaders that truly care, and benefits. Great internal growth opportunity.

Cons

As with any sales position, territory and timing can play a role with earnings.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Class-A organization.

Showing 4,983 of 5,526 reviews