SAP Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

4,491 Employee Reviews

1. "Software Developer"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at SAP full-time

Pros

Great Pay, Benefits, and Culture.

Cons

There are really no cons with SAP

2. "IT Principal Consultant"

Pros

good benefits and strong culture

Cons

too many silos, left hand and right hand don't talk to each other

Advice to Management

none

14 Mar, 2017 – Life at SAP Team

Thanks for your review. We agree clear communication is essential.

3. "Good Company"

Pros

You learn a lot and there is place to improve. Can't think of anything else now

Cons

I can't think of any thing bad right now. SAP is really good

9 Mar, 2017 – Employer Brand Marketing Coordinator

Thanks for your review - we are happy to see you enjoyed working at SAP.

5. "Excellent company with good benefits."

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stability and multiple career paths are possible at any given location.

Cons

Slow moving forward in career path. Could benefit with an aggressive search.

7 Mar, 2017 – Life at SAP Team

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! SAP does, in fact, offer a tremendous amount of learning & development opportunities. Did you know that we have thousands of certified coaches and ... More

6. "Principal Consultant"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Toronto, ON
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Toronto, ON

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Pay, Benefits, Culture, Working w/ Smart people!

Cons

Poor work/life balance due to 100% travel position

Advice to Management

Help promote a strong work/life balance and you will see an improvement in work performance

27 Feb, 2017 – Life at SAP Team

Thank you for taking the time to give a review! We are glad to hear that you like working with smart people, the benefits, and culture. We are working to create a great work/life balance for our ... More

"N/A"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I worked at SAP full-time

Pros

Goo perks, good brand to have on resume, lots of resources, good facility

Cons

management, redundant processes, extremely political, levels of levels of hierarchy

Advice to Management

"Run Simple" - make sure to really stick to your company slogan!

7 Mar, 2017 – Life at SAP Team

We're sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. With so many offices around the world, sometimes people have different experiences of the same company in various locations, but thank you for ... More

"Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at SAP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large company, opportunity to learn and grow in different team,

Cons

I think I have a bad experience as I had a bad manager that always put pressure and tight deadline to my work as my manager only cares about number of new features can be delivered
    it seems to have better pay but I now have a better pay at another company
    not recommend to friend who does not always want to work for extra hours

27 Feb, 2017 – Life at SAP Team

Thank you so much for your review. It's unfortunate to hear of the issues with management. The mission of our leaders is to drive innovation, but we want our employees to enjoy what they do. Our ... More

"Good to start at, bad to stay at"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Montreal, QC
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Montreal, QC

I worked at SAP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

+Cafeteria with OK food, but in Quebec for example, it's taxable benefit so you pay something like 6$ for a meal. The food program is optional.
    +Easy access to metro
    +Bonus program
    +Opportunities to travel
    +Outstanding top management
    +Ok benefits (compared to what you'd get with any other company)

Cons

-Bad middle management, their interest goes on top of that of their employee.
    -Bad management of the dependencies between remote teams. As a developer, you're thrown at a project, expected to get a non collaborative remote team in India to do their job somehow. So if you want to get things done, you have no choice but work long hours to compensate for another team.
    -You start with an OK salary compared to competition, but over time you'll fall behind. Personally I got an offer 150% better when I decided to move. The bonus is fair compared to competition but only gets you where another company (even startups) would pay you as a base salary.
    -Your choice is pretty much restricted to SAP because you'll be working on pretty much proprietary sap technologies such as SAPUI5, ABAP, Hana etc.
    -The middle management at least in the Montreal labs is not good (the hybris montreal office though is different), people always complaining about work-life balance, or not getting enough help and guidance from their managers, even that heard horror stories of managers harassing employee or attacking their dignity during team meetings.

Advice to Management

The top executives are doing a great job but the middle management needs to improve.
    Improve developers working conditions.
    Improve the interview process to get the right people for the job.

"Good benefits, iffy management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at SAP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It depends on which team and manager you are working for. If you are on a good team, chances are, you'll be in a good environment with good people and good manager. This can be said for most companies.

The benefits in general are very good. There is a share matching plan, lunch card, and pension plan. Can't complain too much when lunch is practically free, but you are pretty much forced to dine in the yaletown area.

The location is quite central so there's no shortage of food. Just need to watch that diet.

There is monthly company updates where cake is served. Vending machine has a good variety of food and beverages. If you are stressed out, you can always go downstairs and play a bit of ping pong, shoot some pool, or play foosball. But try not to let your manager catch you or you'll be assigned more work.

Work life balance in general is pretty good. I would recommend this company to friends for the sake of getting a decent salary and securing a mortgage.

Cons

Manager would try to humiliate individuals and play favorites. What's even worse is that the ones he plays favorites with, those 'favorites' would join in the fun in humiliations.

My manager would reveal people's personal information to other employees privately. Fortunately, those individuals have no attachment to my current manager and would tell the rest of the team would he had revealed, eg, those under warning, personal salary, people's personal/home issues, divorce, pregnancy, etc... He would also defend underperformers without even knowing who the underperformers are.

There is no structure to our team as the manager would come up with "grand plans" and nothing gets executed. He would tell people to do certain things without proper instructions, then when something goes wrong, the ones who volunteered would be blamed. This has created a sense of where nobody wants to initiate anything anymore and everyone just becomes "yes" people. Employees are now at the mercy of their pay cheque with no room for growth. Just ensure the mortgages are paid down and the dogs are fed.

During salary assessment, you are told that "there are others being paid less than you so your bonus will be less to compensate for the others."

Turnover rate is getting higher and higher.

If you are not moving anywhere in your career within 3 years, you know you are in the wrong team. At least for my sake, a number of my colleagues said this job has created a "career annihilation". Many of them were hired expecting a different job. They were lied to by the job description. Unfortunately, the manager was too lazy to update the job description and used an age-old template. I've been here for more than 5 yrs and seen enough to know this is a dead end job.

Advice to Management

1. Consider being more open-minded and less stubborn.
    2. Avoid playing favorites
    3. Be clear about your instructions.
    4. When hiring, make sure the job requirements and expectations are the same as the job itself.

20 Feb, 2017 – Employer Brand Social Media Manager

SAP encourages their management to be leaders, develop their people, and under no circumstance condones intimidation or sharing personal information. Please reach out anonymously to HR Direct and ... More

11. "You can never go wrong with SAP"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Calgary, AB
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Calgary, AB

Pros

I have only good things to say about SAP. Awesome learning and really good benefits. SAP Invests a lot in people with free certification and training. The best employer ever worked with.

Cons

You have to be smart and should have learning skills to survive

Advice to Management

Please keep doing the best

10 Feb, 2017 – Employer Brand Marketing Coordinator

Thanks so much for your great review. We're so happy to see that you're looking back at your time at SAP so fondly. Wishing you the best in your future endeavors.

Showing 4,491 of 4,932 reviews