65% would recommend to a friend
(35468 total reviews)
72% approve of CEO
What people are saying about PwC
15 days ago
I'm an A1 software developer at PwC Hong Kong with almost two years of experience and looking to exit here. A recruiter reached out to me about a contract role (working for RGA). Should I even be considering contract roles? I’d prefer to work at a real tech company but the market’s not great rn esp. in HK. Thanks!
Got a burning question about PwC? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with PwC employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Meet great people and overall an enjoyable and worthwhile experience even if you don't want to come back" (in 4333 reviews)
- "The resources we have to do our job is abundant and there is a good culture of talent cultivation from one level to the next." (in 2282 reviews)
- "The benefits are good and the people are some of the smartest you can work with." (in 2009 reviews)
- "You get to see various service lines within the transaction/ deals inustry Great colleagues and teamwork Steep learning curve" (in 1525 reviews)
- "Great opportunities for training and personal development (online training and chance to work with industry and technical experts)" (in 1186 reviews)
- "No work life balance (70 hours week during busy season and 50 hours in off peak is a norm)" (in 5507 reviews)
- "Long hours and easy to get 'lost' as an employee due to the size of the company" (in 4454 reviews)
- "Salary and late working hours" (in 2762 reviews)
- "The starting salary is low and the salary stays low until you get to roughly senior manager level." (in 2414 reviews)
- "it was low pay low growth for a company who continually is out sold and out competed by daddy deloitte" (in 1829 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of PwC and is not affected by filters.
Found 35,468 of over 78K reviews
Updated Nov 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 1.0Sept 30, 2023Senior AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsToronto, ON
If you are a masochist, this is the place for you!
PwC Toronto has an extremely toxic work environment. Specifically, within AWM practice: short staffing is severe and partners continue to push the remaining workers harder and harder to get audits done. As well, the company has no intention of fixing this, as they are trying to outsource all work to India. This has created a situation with below market average salaries and a terrible work life balance as management don't BELIEVE in their own senior associates and workers. The only people who stay at the firm are those tied to clawbacks (if firm paid for your education) or those who think they will get manager. PwC is a husk of its former self. In the past despite low salaries and long hours, there was talent and opportunities to learn. However, PwC Toronto is having significant issues keeping their talent which means that you often work with and FOR people who are dumber than you. If you do accept your offer, remember this review when you are sitting in the middle of busy season with 2 associates who do nothing while the manager/senior manager/partner chain of yelling berates you.
- 4.0Nov 10, 2023AssociateFormer EmployeeToronto, ON
- Good promo structure - Reasonable hours (depending on team) - Solid exit opportunities
- fftf program is not rotational - can be easy to get siloed into one or two project types
- 4.0Oct 25, 2023Senior AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearToronto, ON
Big name with comprehensive coaching and learn opportunities
Swamped in different tasks and meetings
- 3.0Oct 18, 2023Advisory Senior ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearCalgary, AB
Provide ample opportunities to learn new things
Ineffective communication; Local leadership is not open to experiment and limits itself to old tested methods
- 5.0Oct 2, 2023Senior AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsToronto, ON
Great training and plenty of resources and people to learn from.
Long hours, but flexible on taking time.
- 3.0Aug 26, 2023Sr. AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsToronto, ON
- Many opportunities to tackle challenging projects to enhance your capability as a professional - You can learn one of the most advanced practices for valuation and modelling which is a good transferable skill
- If you cannot become a partner, benefits are not good - Working overtime is required
PwC Reviews FAQs
PwC has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 78,269 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at PwC to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
65% of PwC employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated PwC 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.