Picis Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated 10 Apr 2019

3.2
Picis CEO Marcus Perez
Marcus Perez

"Light at the end of the tunnel"

I have been working at Picis full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great staff to work with - very motivated and smart. Clear vision by Management for next 12 - 18 months. Investing in new initiatives says to me that there is growth and opportunity at the company. New upward opportunities for growth at Picis and other Harris companies.

Cons

Change is always hard, and we've had a lot over the past 5 years. We've been bought by Optum, bought by Harris and then split into two business. I hope that this will be the last of this kind of change for the foreseeable future. Harris doesn't appear to re-sell companies so I am hopeful. Some staff seem resistant to the new leadership style which can make the working environment difficult. If you see a problem, we... can no longer just identify it - we need to come up with real solutions and then implement them.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent to the staff. More focus on sales, there seems to be a disproportionate investment vs results.

Picis2016-09-23

"Great Before Sellout"

Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst

I worked at Picis full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Was a great place to work with dedicated and motivated colleagues.

Cons

Company sold to Harris. Penny pinchers cut veteran workers to save money.

Advice to Management

Should have given workers the option of reduced salary and/or attrition rather than pulling the rug.

Picis2017-12-04
  3. "Focus...at last"

Current Employee - Technical Support/Deployment

I have been working at Picis full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

After a rather turbulent period with Optum / UHG, Harris has brought a much needed focus to Picis. Good things: -We are still called Picis...good call from Harris as that was about to change -Everyone is given sight of company goals and strategy -Prof. service charges etc. have been increased so the client may feel that, but these are in line with standard practices and are realistic. Should have been done ages... ago...this will help Picis deliver better solutions for our clients. -Harris business model is strong -Close relationships with clients is encouraged which can only be good. -Drive to develop new products which is quite exciting. -Picis is recruiting

Cons

-Still taking a long time to bring existing products up to date, it is happening though. -Some of the staff let go by Harris initially were good people with good skills and sometimes there is a hole when those skills are required.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus and energy. Remember that there is a world outside of the US. Why do people insist on emailing on Sundays!

Picis2017-06-08
  4. "Best Acquisition for ED PulseCheck"

I have been working at Picis full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Since the acquisition of ED PulseCheck to Harris we are on a roll. Everything about Harris Computer Systems screams " build your business unit to the highest" Take control and watch it grow. Executive Management within Harris is the best I have ever worked with in my time here which is ALOT of years. I have been through every acquisition for Picis and this is the first time in years that I feel content and the... ability to grow within the organization. They listen they promote from within and educate top notch.

Cons

Cant really think of one yet...... and that's the truth.

Advice to Management

Engage your full staff more utilize the minds of those that have been here for eternity. We know the business the clients and can really give way more input then we are being asked of at the moment. Help to mentor those that want to continue growth within the Harris Organization.

Picis2017-04-03
  5. "Things are looking bright for the future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

I have been working at Picis full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Things are very exciting at Picis. Lots of progress in re-aligning Picis to current market needs. Attention given to many troubled areas under Optum. New products and initiatives are being introduced and many new employees. The new employees are bringing a fresh perspective and when combined with the many long term employees is making for some great ideas.

Cons

Time to focus on the future even more. Picis needs to solve the problem with the core products not selling. Perhaps the idea of introducing new products is to make sure their is some options if the core products don't start selling.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Make sure you continue to listen and seek input from the employees.

Picis2017-03-31

"People make the company great"

I have been working at Picis full-time

Pros

The company has gone through many changes in the last 18 months and the future has a positive outlook. The people at the company are what make it awesome. The new space is nice.

Cons

The company has gone through many changes over the last 18 months and sometimes it has been difficult to navigate. People have decided to leave so it puts a lot of pressure on those staying until they can be replaced.

Picis2016-12-15

"Great compny goign down very quickly.."

Former Employee - Senior SQA Engineer in Wakefield, MA

I worked at Picis full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Location right Near Lake so you can walk every day and enjoy surroundings. Very close to 93 and 95 .Medic al applications that was used by many great hospitals.

Cons

Not going to complain about low level managers because it is not worth it.. They are doing good for last 8 and half year showing top management how great everything and got rid of talent that were actually talent so they will not be challenged. No innovative product is launched, customers are dropping product and replacing with competitors. This company has been sold to many companies and each company who bought... them change the skin so they can quickly sell it to some one . Great product 20 plus year ago but due to lack of vision still using same technology and hence not able to compete. I was there for more than 8 years and once great product gone south and has not changed. Nothing to learn. Low level mangers doing great job showing new top management how great everything is and are very good at it.

Advice to Management

Check real performance of all Low level Manager. You need to quickly do marker research and understand need of the existing and future client. Replace old tech. like Power Builder and update Architect and that can only be done if you have technically solid leaders. Don't rely too much on people with domain knowledge because that is their strength meaning they will protect their knowledge meaning stay where are they... are. Yes you need to catchup very quickly.

Picis2016-12-20

"Great Team but...."

I worked at Picis full-time

Pros

Lots of great people to work with - most people are helpful and friendly

Cons

Company was recently sold and there are a lot of cuts and the environment is now a lot more stressful

Picis2016-09-20

"Making strides for the better"

I have been working at Picis

Pros

Since Harris bought Picis a year ago, leadership has been very transparent with regards to company health. In the past year the company has stopped the downward trend we were on and right now we're back to trending upwards. Sales are increasing, we're developing new products and I believe that now is a great time to be a Picis employee because of the growth we're experiencing and the leadership that's making it all... come together.

Cons

The stock purchase plan is in the Canadian Stock Exchange which I think is a bit of a pain but otherwise great benefits.

Picis2016-08-25

"ED side a lot better now"

I have been working at Picis

Pros

A new EVP, non Harris hire, is running the ED PulseCheck business unit the way it should be run. Harris was smart to split off ED from TPA since the two cultures have always been drastically different. Very smart decision. Some very well respected long time ibexers have been promoted up to run some departments and this is paying dividends for employee moral and retention. Focus is back on the product and... customers and the next couple years will see growth and innovation for the PulseCheck product which is long overdue. The PulseCheck product and business will continue to deliver and now has the right executive team to make a difference.

Cons

Right now there really isn't any since the PulseCheck division has essentially turned things around. The same couldn't have been said about a year ago.

Advice to Management

Keep your long time ibexers happy and get to know the customers.

Picis2016-08-27