Payfirma Reviews

3.2
Payfirma CEO Fern Glowinsky
Fern Glowinsky
1 Rating
Pros
  • "Great people, fun culture, beer Fridays and taco Tuesdays(in 8 reviews)

• "Great place to work at, at the time(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "long hours(in 5 reviews)

• "Good people slowly leaving the company from all departments(in 3 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great Company with a vision"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Vancouver, BC
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Payfirma full-time for less than a year

Pros

Small but mighty company. We accomplish a lot without the long wait times. My teams leadership is really great and we are involved in lots of important things. The Mario Kart tournament is super fun and helps bridge the two offices.

Cons

I wish offices were closer together but not really an issue

Continue reading
  2. "Personality and vision needs a lot of work"

2.0
    Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Payfirma full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are some good offices and nice to work directly with small business owners.

Cons

The company has become focused on money and not customers. We need to put more emphasis on customer support. The technology is becoming dated by the day. It feels like it is trying to be sold, not fulfill a vision.

3. "Governance issues"

Former Employee - Technology

I worked at Payfirma full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people and great product.

Cons

There were serious governance issues and problems with vision and direction

4. "Good"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Payfirma full-time

Pros

Great place to work at, at the time.

Cons

Culture declined rapidly as time went on.

5. "Some good, some bad"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Payfirma full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I was there the team was awesome, they genuinely cared and wanted to see the company grow.

Cons

The company got stuck in a rather public dispute amongst the board with the founder and others which was unfortunate for those that worked there.

6. "Thanks Payfirma"

4.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Payfirma full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Payfirma offers a great opportunity to grow, learn and expand your career horizons. The office culture was great and I really enjoyed the people I worked with. The pace was fast and I was really able to see the value of my contributions.

Cons

I really do not have any cons.

7. "Best place ever"

Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Payfirma full-time for less than a year

Pros

- organization events - good compensation - involved in fintech industry

Cons

- no more taco Tuesday

"Senior Software Developer"

I worked at Payfirma full-time

Pros

flexible hours, nice coworkers, a good working environment in general

Cons

we could use more engineers on the dev team.

Continue reading

"Keeping it real - Payfirma is the place to be!"

5.0

I have been working at Payfirma

Pros

I love working at Payfirma! The vibes in the office are always positive, and I love working with ambitious like minded individuals that are all here to be innovative, and break out of the ordinary to make Payfirma something truly unique! I also love that I learn each and every day. The management team is very approachable and involved, and I love that I can work side by side with my boss every day, and have a mentor to learn from!

Cons

Yes, we've been through ups and downs, and we did lose some amazing talent in December. However, I cannot say enough great things about how that was handled and how hard the entire team worked to ensure that each of those we lost quickly found jobs. It's a given that things like this happen in Vancouver tech, they happen all the time. It's about how it's handled that matters, and Payfirma did an unreal job.

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Payfirma full-time for more than a year

Pros

Payfirma offered me a great opportunity to further my sales career here in Vancouver. I have been treated with nothing but fairness and respect from day one. I was promoted to Account Executive after 5 months working in a more junior role role. In my opinion (and I have lots of friends in similar jobs in startups in Vancouver) there is no other startup business where you have the opportunity to sell a product that all business actually need. I have built a book of business of over 200 companies in 7 months, most ppl I know in tech are lucky to get a few business' DMs on the phone per week. The compensation is based on the revenue you generate for the business not on where you went to school or who you know like a lot of places around town. The focus on profitability is refreshing in a space where business' have lost sight of this concept and rely on handouts that dry up in the long run. Payfirma has some excellent referral partners that keep the sales funnel topped up daily with highly qualified leads making the job of the Account Executive a lot easier and more productive. The sales process in Payfirma is so advanced that at times there are too many sales opportunities to handle (a great problem to have for a sales guy). There is never a day where you feel unproductive. Mentorship is taking seriously by the sales management and monthly one on ones are organised to talk about how to improve your skills and grow in the role. The group dynamic in the sales team is great and everyone helps and trusts each other. Everyone in the group will often hang out outside of work hours which is always a great sign of cohesive team. They are focused boarding new referral partners all the time to ensure continued growth in future qualified leads for the sales team. 4 weeks paid vacation/snacks/coffee/downtown location/generous residual commission

Cons

We used to have taco Tuesday once per month. This is no longer the case. We are under staffed in the support role at present but management have been busy hiring and training to fix his issue. The elevators in the new office building are really slow! They changed the trail mix lately... no bueno! Bring back the Costco mix. The dev team and the sales guys don't know each other.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 64 English Reviews