Paycom Reviews

4.3
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison
1,408 Ratings
Pros
  • "Helpfulness of people; the blessings of a parking garage; great benefits -(in 114 reviews)

• "Team work, catered lunches, coworkers(in 87 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance is not the best(in 150 reviews)

• "Difficult to keep up with growth, so long hours are usually required(in 72 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great People, Great Benefits

Jan 17, 2021 - QA Analyst in Okla, SK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paycom wants to see you succeed and will give you the tools to do so, regardless of your previous knowledge of the HCM industry. The benefits are great, especially for a single employee.

Cons

Pay is a little low and they are spread a little thin in some areas. Prepare for extra work

Paycom Representative

We're thrilled you have shared your Paycom experience with others! We have achieved all of our success thanks to our hard-working employees like you. We are interested in your feedback regarding compensation. We encourage you to share these sentiments with your leader or your HR Business Partner.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Took the leap and never looked back!

Jul 15, 2021 - Product Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Left a comfortable remote work job at a larger company for the promise of being empowered to create great products with a strong sense of purpose. Paycom has delivered that opportunity and so much more. The high growth and fast nature of our business has also translated to high professional growth for me. Other reviews are accurate that the company takes pride in believing that hard work yields exceptional results. I love the freedom I have to drive and influence the direction of our products, especially the ability to interact with our customers and client facing team members through our feedback process. Regarding support from leadership, my experience has been first rate. I have had many opportunities to engage with senior leaders outside my department. In my past organizations this has been difficult, but at Paycom senior leaders are very accessible and are engaging partners in the product development process. There has been much discussion about returning to the office. Being back at the office has provided me with so many interactions that would not have happened in my home zoom all day environment. Those interactions make me feel more connected to my colleagues and ultimately more connected to our users who will benefit from those interactions.

Cons

Metrics are at individual department level, which can lead to cross functional teams working in opposite directions when metrics and goals don’t align.

2 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

Thank you for your 5-star review. We're happy to hear you are enjoying the culture and leadership at Paycom! We are a growing company with a fast pace, and we take pride in continuously improving the ways we support both our clients and our employees. We appreciate you being a part of the team!

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Truth about Paycom Sales

Jun 22, 2021 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

EARNING POTENTIAL - 1st year reps have the ability to be high income earners. Making "low/mid 6 figures" is the realistic norm. Not just the top 5, everyone accomplishes it quickly. Making "high 6 figures" is the potential for being elite. Seriously unreal comp model. PRODUCT - I have to believe in what I'm selling. There are high entry barriers to this industry and there is nothing close to the technology. It so easy to sell; just have to find the right people to show it too. It actually feels really good when you hear how much it helps the companies and people using it. It's fun and lucrative. Win-Win. AMAZING TRAINING PROGRAM - Paycom invests heavily in developing sales professionals. Program is clear, documented, and intentional. Each day I am taught to think like an executive, expand my business acumen, and talk with C-level and HR professionals in a way that creates value for their organization. MANAGEMENT - Top down the leadership has a clear vision, communication of expectations, and a strategy to get there. My direct manager always has my back and helps me stay positive and on track to be successful.

Cons

Hard job to get; lots of applicants. You have to want to be great. It's a culture without complacency and believes in excellence at all times. This often requires grit and perseverance. People who don't choose to succeed won't, but for great sales people or people who are smart, good communicators and want to be "great" at sales, all the tools are there. Strongly recommend trying.

5 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

Our employees' success in their roles is our top priority and we are glad you agree. We appreciate you sharing your Paycom experience!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Fantastic Career Company

Jun 8, 2021 - Senior Best Practices Consultant in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunity to be on the ground floor of a fast growing company, opportunity for career expansion and the ability to move into various areas of the company. Internal job listings are limitless and management encourages employees to seek out opportunities. There is an overall optimism for the future and excitement around the product offerings and expansion. In the last couple years Paycom has invested more in facilitating certification expansion in areas such as Lean/6-sigma and SHRM certifications. Health insurance is top-tier and is $1 a pay period for self-only coverage. Certain roles carry LTIP stock offerings which can be lucrative as the company performs and as the employee remains with Paycom over several years.

Cons

The fast and adaptive environment may, at times, lend itself to performing employees being asked to take on exploratory roles and opportunities (pro). Unfortunately items like job descriptions and compensation may be an afterthought as the new roles need to assemble more quickly than these items can be addressed. (con). There is certainly value from the employee side to have opportunities, and career expansion, however the employee might find they have to advocate for themselves if their formal role is adapting/changing to a point where job titles or compensation need to be examined. This leads to an decreased motivation and uncertainly of overall career path direction and a decreased trust. In fairness, this typically happens with more exploratory roles as Paycom adapts to meet the needs of the company and the client.

2 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

We're glad you are enjoying your career at Paycom! We appreciate you sharing this feedback, and we'd like to learn more about how we can continue improving the ways we passionately support our team members. Please be sure to share any ideas you have with your leader or your HR Business Partner. Thank you for being a part of our team!

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good not great

Jun 11, 2021 - Transition Specialist Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

The training that they provide for this position is actually extremely useful. They honestly provide great resources to get you up and running. Additionally, they give you best practices that are useful across other companies/positions. If you are starting your career in Project Management this place would be an excellent place to start.

Cons

- The pay is not great, the salary is the same across the whole country. Which does not make sense since cost of living in OKC vs NY or SF is completely different. - "Transition Specialist Representative"... what does this even mean? Barely anyone calls themselves this. Everyone calls themselves "Implementation Project Managers" or "Project Manager". But I believe that Paycom does not want to call the TSRs anything else because they would have to pay them more. - Work life balance.. not really there. Management really expects you to be working all the time and does not care if you are working 60+ hours a week - Upper Management does not listen to you.. your advice will never be heard. I saw a lot of Management listening to the issues, but then ignoring them and not acting on them. - You get commission based off employee usage of the product. Depending what type of company you get, this can screw you over and you are doing a lot of work for nothing. A lot of these companies are pretty small and have no tech skills. So getting them to log into an App can be harder than you think. - Employee turn over, there is a lot... people leave for the reasons I listed above

9 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

Our TSR Managers collaborate to ensure their teams receive the training and resources needed to be successful. This includes using feedback to consistently innovate and improve processes to better serve our employees and clients. We also offer many resources to help individuals encourage a work-life balance that best fits their unique needs. As a current employee, we hope you will continue sharing ideas with your leader, HR Business Partner or us at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Horrific experience - Extreme micromanagement, terrible holiday time off

Jun 21, 2021 - Outside Sales Representative in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong commission structure if you can last for 2 years or more. If you are fresh out of college with no sales experience you might be able to adapt to the culture. If you have worked under good sales leadership in the past, you will not like Paycom’s management style.

Cons

Extreme Micromanagement -felt more like a BDR then Account Executive Holidays - Almost nonexistent. Expected to work Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve. Territory - Saturated territories. Was given a handful of zip codes in a rural state. Worked more with mom & pop shops then strategic accounts. Almost every company I had worked with had been blown up by Paycom and most asked not to be contacted again. Commission structure - not friendly to new hires. You get 6% until you close half a million dollars which is tough in a rural territory that has been hit extensively Turnover - there were 8 outside sales reps in the few months I was in the company. 5 out of the 8 including me left the organization. Metrics - was expected to do 4 hour windows on webcam cold calling prospects so the rest of the team could hear each other’s calls. Very elementary. Felt like an entry level person rather than an experienced sales person who has always exceeded expectations. Daily structure - 7:45AM team or regional daily calls and 5:15PM daily calls to end your day. Again your more so being babysat rather than treated as a sales professional.

16 people found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

Our goal is to provide the necessary resources and structure for each individual to enjoy long-term success with us. Our sales managers are here to help guide team members throughout their careers; especially during their first year as they go through extensive training to ensure they understand our value prop, processes and learn from all of the talented executive reps around them. Our reps experience uncapped earning potential through a competitive commission structure and amazing growth opportunities. Additionally, in the last several years, we have increased employee PTO multiple times by nearly a week and encourage everyone to be intentional about using this time. Regardless of your experience, we hope you shared these sentiments before your departure. If you didn’t, please connect with our HR team at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com so we can learn more.

7. 5.0

Insane career growth!

Jul 16, 2021 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Fantastic training and so many resources to help us be successful - Ability to work alongside very smart and high caliber people at every level - Competitive comp structure that is highly incentivizing for top performers - Really impressive benefits and incentives

Cons

Expect to work hard. You'll probably be challenged more than you ever have in your career so far, but the growth you experience both as a professional and person because of this is unmatched!

1 person found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

We're excited to hear you're enjoying the many opportunities offered here at Paycom! Thank you for sharing your experience and appreciate you being a part of the team.

8. 5.0

Paycom Land

Jul 26, 2021 - Payroll Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work. They care about their employees and their work/life balance. You never stop learning and you will make valuable relationships!

Cons

Peak seasons can be stressful and work Long hours. Not for the slow learner. Can be very fast paced since you will multitask and wear many hats.

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We’re thrilled you are enjoying the culture and growth opportunities. We are definitely a growing company with a fast pace, but we take pride in supporting our employees as they achieve their desired success. We appreciate your feedback, and we will be sure to share this with our leadership team.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Hard work but worth it

Jul 27, 2021 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will get out of what you put in. Grind at first but will pay off in long term

Cons

This job can be mentally draining. You will close out the day tired but will bounce back the next day

1 person found this review helpful

Paycom Representative

We appreciate you sharing your Paycom experience. We appreciate your hard work and dedication, and we are looking forward to continuing to encourage your growth!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Gave me growing pains in the best possible way! Great place, brilliant people.

Jun 11, 2021 - Communications Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and easy access to all things HR and management. The onboarding/training and development process, especially for junior team members, is outstanding. - I learned so much in the first weeks and was ready to hit the ground running in no time. My team members and superiors are all highly intelligent, brilliant people but also extremely supportive and collegial - no toxicity or back-stabbing found here! All in all, a great decision that will definitely further my career, and help grow my professional skillset and myself as a person. Here, anyone who's ready to make a move from an entry-level to junior or junior to a more senior role will get all the opportunity and expertise they need to succeed.

Cons

It's definitely true that it's a fast-paced and demanding environment, especially if you come from a non-corporate background, but it works because it's very well-structured and familial at the same time. I definitely went through some growing pains to match the energy and expectations across the board, but after two short months it's definitely manageable!

Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We pride ourselves on fostering a strong team dynamic amongst our employees and are glad you agree. We're excited to have you on our team!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,905 Reviews