Paycom Reviews

4.5
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison
1,268 Ratings
Pros
  • "Helpfulness of people; the blessings of a parking garage; great benefits -(in 111 reviews)

• "Team work, catered lunches, coworkers(in 87 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance is not the best(in 145 reviews)

• "Difficult to keep up with growth, so long hours are usually required(in 70 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Everything you could ask for in a career!"

Current Employee - HCM Team Lead in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Culture: Everyone is a family, we work hard and play hard together - Support: I have never had support from peers and leadership like I have here - you are heard and valued by those around you and above you - Growth: I have learned more about myself and my goals in the last 2 years than ever before. No one has challenged me to set goals and given me the accountability that I needed - Benefits: Beyond just the amazing health benefits, there are so many other benefits and support for employees - Lunches, parking garages, full gym, daily fitness classes, leadership library, etc

Cons

Not any true Cons, but be prepared when you are here: - We do work hard, but we also play hard - You will be challenged every day in different ways - You will have to step outside your comfort zone and grow

April 21, 2020Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing such a nice review! We're thrilled to see you are enjoying your career with us!

2. "Great People, Great Benefits"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in Okla, SK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paycom wants to see you succeed and will give you the tools to do so, regardless of your previous knowledge of the HCM industry. The benefits are great, especially for a single employee.

Cons

Pay is a little low and they are spread a little thin in some areas. Prepare for extra work

January 25, 2021Paycom Representative

We're thrilled you have shared your Paycom experience with others! We have achieved all of our success thanks to our hard-working employees like you. We are interested in your feedback regarding compensation. We encourage you to share these sentiments with your leader or your HR Business Partner.

3. COVID-19

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Developer III in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

great opportunities and great team

Cons

no work from home options except due to Covid

4. "Good place for a long term career"

Current Employee - Paycom Sales in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

Paycom has Good pay and benefits.

Cons

Always working. It's a grind. I've also heard after 1 year it gets less hectic.

January 25, 2021Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review and we’re glad to see you’re enjoying the benefits we have to offer! We appreciate your hard work and contributions, and we look forward to your continued success as a part of our team!

5. "6-Years of Career Development Beyond My Wildest Dreams"

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Financial freedom within a few years of working for Paycom

Cons

Can definitely be overwhelming in the first 12 months but if you can stick through it then you catch fire!

January 25, 2021Paycom Representative

Thank you for the 5-star review! We value your feedback, and we'd like to learn more. Please share any ideas for improvement with your supervisor or your HR Business Partner.

6. "An absolutely amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

- feel like your work is valued and appreciate by peers and upper level management - great compensation and benefits - ability to advance your career/navigate towards what your truly are interested in and passionate about, even though it may not be the position you originally started in. - management is great. boss is great at providing a safe, positive environment, making sure we get a great work/life balance, and pushes us to prove things to ourselves we didn't even know we were capable of!

Cons

-intense work with a high pace at times, but very rewarding

January 25, 2021Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing! We’re happy to hear you’re enjoying the work culture, leadership and growth opportunities. We agree, as a part of a fast growing company, we do work hard, but with that hard work comes great rewards. Thank you for being a part of the team!

7. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Tax Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fair Pay, Good benefits, $1 healthcare

Cons

Long hours during mandatory overtime

January 25, 2021Paycom Representative

We appreciate your hard work as it will lead to great opportunities! Thank you for sharing your Paycom experience and for being a part of the team.

8. "Growing company with great employees, and engaging work"

Current Employee - HCM Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have learned so much in my 6 years at Paycom and always feel like the resources/support I need to learn are readily available. I also would say my favorite part of Paycom is the people/culture. Everyone genuinely cares about growing and will go out of their way to help each other. We are always trying to hit the next bar so it can be challenging work but it makes it exciting and rewarding when you have so much team support and drive to succeed.

Cons

I don’t know that I think of anything the company does as a con but I think finding the right fit for someone is important too. Not everyone will look at it the same way. The company is growing at a rapid pace which means tons of opportunity for growth and stability in a career but could also mean more change to work through as well. I have always enjoyed the change because you get an opportunity to be part of something big and add value more than when there is no change but not everyone could look at it that way.

January 25, 2021Paycom Representative

We appreciate you sharing your Paycom experience! We take pride in supporting our team to grow and achieve their desired success, and we're thrilled to see this has positively impacted your life. Thank you for your hard work and dedication!

9. "6 Years in and still loving it!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1. Life changing opportunity to be part of such an innovative company 2. Everyone at Paycom is bought into how we are helping our clients and how critical our work is. That's the type of company many of my friends wish they worked for and the type of software that I am happy to be selling, a product I believe in! 3. THE PEOPLE - Paycom attracts amazing people, the kind of people you meet up with outside of work because you want to (despite seeing them everyday during work), people of high caliber 4. Great upward mobility, based off of merit and not tenure 5. So much runway to go!! The growth is just getting started, we still have so much ahead as a company!

Cons

Work life balance USED to be a con listed at Paycom. Beginning with leadership and example from our CEO this has shifted over the last 2 years and isn't a con anymore

January 25, 2021Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with others! We're happy you’re enjoying the leadership and growth opportunities at Paycom! We appreciate your feedback in the advice to management section and even though we are a quickly growing company, we are dedicated to continuously improving the ways we support both our clients and our employees. We’re glad you’re a part of the team!

10. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Garnishment Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paycom has a fantastic work environment!

Cons

No cons to working at paycom

January 25, 2021Paycom Representative

Thank you for review! We are glad you are enjoying the culture and work environment at Paycom. We wish you the best in your future endeavors and we thank you for your time at Paycom.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,651 English Reviews