Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Jan 27, 2020

4.4
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison
Pros
  • "Helpfulness of people; the blessings of a parking garage; great benefits -(in 88 reviews)

• "There are so many benefits to working at Paycom, from the catered lunches to the free goodies every 3 months(in 83 reviews)

Cons
  • "It is very important to be intentional about work-life balance at Paycom(in 108 reviews)

• "Occasional long hours to meet your numbers(in 59 reviews)

1. "Best company in the country"

Current Employee - Director in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

amazing team, room for growth personally and professionally

Cons

no flexible scheduling available for employees

Advice to Management

Look at bringing flexibility to scheduling to benefit employees and the community.

Paycom2020-01-27
  2. "The best company you'll ever work for!"

Current Employee - Client Relations Manager

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Company Growth Opportunity - Paycom is growing, and FAST! Which means there's ample opportunity to move up the ladder quickly as the company expands and evolves. Unlike many other companies, promotion decisions aren't made on past experience or company tenure, but on the quality of work that's produced. - Company Culture - Paycom's culture is positive through and through. I know when I walk into my office that my co-workers are going to give me all the energy and affirmation I need to get through my week. This is a fast-paced role that can sometimes be stressful and a positive attitude is necessary to keep pushing the ball forward. Negativity isn't accepted, and trust me.. .that's for the best. - Great benefits - Wonderful, uncapped commissions for sales and inside sales - The people here are some of the most innovative and forward thinking people I've ever met. Incredible ideas and a high emphasis on teamwork. - STOCK OPTIONS

Cons

- Processes - we are growing fast. Which sometimes means that our old processes are no longer efficient. While I think we do a fantastic job at overcoming this, just know that not all the processes are picture perfect. On the upside - you have a good chance at helping develop a new process here. They're always willing to listen to their people, no matter if theyre entry-level or a seasoned vet.

Paycom2020-01-26

"What It's Like to Work at Paycom/NCS"

Current Employee - NCS Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The culture at Paycom is nearly tangible. The identity of the company is shaped by the very real feeling that there are thousands of truly motivated and talented people working toward the same goals. There is a sense of belonging that comes with this that provides a lot of purpose to your job, which most places can’t offer at the same level. Growth and opportunity is also at a completely different level at Paycom. The unrivaled success the company is having has translated into unrivaled growth for its people who are pushing the company forward. This has an extremely positive impact on the company’s overall culture but is equally valuable on an individual level.

Cons

Paycom isn’t for everyone. The people who truly find long-term success at Paycom seem to be a very unique brand of person. A career that is equally fast-paced as it is exciting as it is demanding as it is growing is not something every type of person could possibly thrive in. Even if this type of career could be perfectly defined, most people couldn’t tell you whether or not they would be a true fit because they’ve never experienced a similar type of career. Perhaps Paycom’s greatest “con” is simply not being for everyone, but aren’t many of life’s greatest treasures somewhat exclusive? The most important question to ask yourself if you’re considering a job here is: “Is Paycom right for ME?”.

Advice to Management

Continue providing a voice to your people. Paycom has the fortunate burden of having a lot of brilliant and motivated young leaders within the organization, which means it’s so critical to the company to listen to them and capture their feedback and vision and passion. Continued growth will be the enemy of a transparent culture, so please be intentional about maintaining and further fostering this within the organization.

Paycom2020-01-17
  4. "Great company - great product"

Former Employee - CONTRACT AGENT in Denver, CO

I worked at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful new hire and continuing educational training, great product, and extremely helpful management and learning development team.

Cons

Like many sales & account management jobs, there is constant pressure to meet metrics every single week with no excuses. Not a lot of PTO/VAC time but flexibility in day-to-day schedule.

Paycom2020-01-24
  5. "Great place to find your career and stay for the long-term!"

Current Employee - Process Improvement in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Helpfulness of people; the blessings of a parking garage; great benefits - $1 Insurance!

Cons

Weekly pressure to get the country paid.

Advice to Management

Love it - keep pushing the vision!

6. "Focused Company"

Current Employee - Reporting Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is focused on success inside and out, inside by giving their employees the best environment to work in and outside by giving their customers the best level of customer service

Cons

I do not have any cons at the moment

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you’re doing, it is a recipe for success

7. "Good Opportunities"

Current Employee - Benefits Coordinator

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

There is a lot of growth in this position and the entire company. Steady growth, good benefits, lots of communication with management.

Cons

Long hours, this job is far from easy expect to be challenged.

Paycom2020-01-22
  8. "New Client Setup Packet Specialist"

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

Paycom is an amazing company to work for, from the low cost of employee benefits, to the amazingly intelligent people who I am lucky enough to call my peers. The ever changing atmosphere is exciting and rewarding. The personal and professional growth that I have experienced at Paycom is more than I could have ever imagined. I wake up excited to go to work each and every day.

Cons

The schedule isn’t very flexible, and working from home isn’t an option. Also, no part-time positions offered.

Advice to Management

I believe many employees would benefit from a more flexible schedule. Those with children, especially small children who are in child care, would appreciate a few different work schedule options, or even part-time options.

Paycom2020-01-22
  9. "Fortunate to Work Here"

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Because the interview process is rigorous, I'm fortunate to work with talented, strategic and innovative people who add to the dynamic culture. Goals are outlined so you know what you're working toward - something that makes our product and services better! And we have a leading HR department who aims to provide employees the best benefits and professional development. I've thoroughly enjoyed my career here as an individual contributor climbing the ranks to supervisor.

Cons

If you don't like a good challenge or frequent change, this may not be a place you thrive.

Paycom2020-01-20
  10. "The BEST Workplace."

Current Employee - NCS Setup Packet Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great compensation, encouraging and positive environment, management HEARS their employees and always does their best to accommodate their needs. Oh yeah, and so many lunch choices catered in every day!

Cons

The schedules are not flexible.

Advice to Management

Not really advice, it just feels great to have leaders that truly care about their employees success so, just keep doing that!

Paycom2020-01-20