Paycom Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

Updated Nov 11, 2019

4.4
Paycom CEO Chad Richison
Chad Richison
Pros
  • "Great benefits - awesome communication with the HR department(in 85 reviews)

• "There are so many benefits to working at Paycom, from the catered lunches to the free goodies every 3 months(in 83 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work/life balance is difficult for some departments but not all(in 106 reviews)

• "Occasional long hours to meet your numbers(in 56 reviews)

1. "Amazing Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-GREAT people that you work with -Departments always support each other -Only promote from within (good for anyone wanting to go into leadership) -Huge investment by the company in ongoing training -Easy to believe in what you sell with the best product on the market -Financial Compensation is better than any sales job in the US -Year End Bonus is in Paycom stock and there is a stock purchasing plan as well.... Stock is the highest performer in the industry and up 1,200% since we IPO'd started 5 years ago

Cons

-Time Off/Leave (just rolled out maternity leave this year but no paternity yet) -More bureaucratic red tape than there used to be but I guess that's what accompanies growth -Less PTO flexibility than most sales jobs Overall the cons are few and far between and are heavily outweighed by the pros but I am listing these three so that Paycom has the opportunity to continue to improve which is something the company... is very good at doing

Advice to Management

You have the hardest working workforce I have come across that deeply cares about the success of our clients which drives the success of Paycom as a whole. Don't ever take this huge asset (your people) for granted as this is just as important as the strategy of the company.

Paycom2019-11-10
  2. "specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

best job and best có-worker

Cons

nothing that i could think off

Advice to Management

do your best

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - PSD PPA Adjustment Specialist I in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits and pay are great! Great atmosphere!

Cons

We don’t accrue PTO on OT hours

Paycom2019-11-08
  4. "Awesome Corporate Perks"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

Catered $4 lunches, $1 health insurance

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement if you're not in a client-facing role

Paycom2019-11-08
  5. "Great company with endless opportunities for dedicated and passionate individuals."

Current Employee - NCS Setup Packet Specialist

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work/life balance, fantastic benefits, good avenues for personal and professional growth if you choose to apply yourself. The company seems genuinely invested in the job satisfaction of their employees.

Cons

Limited advancement opportunities without a college degree.

6. "Good company"

Current Employee - NCS

I have been working at Paycom full-time

Pros

Great perks and they take care of the employees.

Cons

I don’t have any right now besides training isn’t the best.

Paycom2019-11-05
  7. "Paycom is Defining the Future of HR Technology"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Paycom is working towards becoming a world class employer and is well on their way. As an HR professional, I feel that I have really found a home in working for the HR department at an HR technology company. They are 100% committed to employee engagement and retention, intentionally focus on culture and SO MUCH DEVELOPMENT. I have been invested in more here than in my previous 10 years in the workforce. They offer... competitive benefits and are improving their offering every year. No company is perfect, but Paycom is getting better every single year. The HR team offers multiple different avenues to give feedback regarding concerns or suggestions. Our C-Suite is present and visible daily. The opportunities to develop yourself and others are truly endless at Paycom.

Cons

It takes Grit and a winning attitude to work here. You have to commit to being better each day - that takes time and effort and energy. The results are worth it. Your work is meaningful and your compensation rewards performance.

Advice to Management

Continue to drive for excellence and dominate the industry. Excited to be a tiny part of the great things you are doing for OKC and the HR profession!

Paycom2019-11-05
  8. "Executive Level Growth"

Current Employee - Client Relations Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You are constantly surrounded by other people with your same mindset to achieve greatness. You have access to an unlimited amount of resources to ensure success. Outstanding work culture, and still have the flexibility to have a life outside of work. The person I was when I started with Paycom, is completely different to the Executive I am today.

Cons

The job is extremely challenging. For some people that would be a big con, but I am passionate about challenges.

Paycom2019-11-01
  9. "Conservative company"

Current Employee - TSR

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot is expected of you and because of this, you will learn a lot. Both professionally and personally.

Cons

Old school upper management that isn't evolving with the times when it comes to managing a company. Oh, and why pay a dollar for medical benefits? Doesn't mean much, but every time I see that on my check I always wonder what that dollar is going toward! (I have no problem with it, I'm just so curious)!

Advice to Management

Pay for dental & vision benefits like 99% of successful tech companies. Oh provide free lunches instead of make employees pay for it (like 99% of successful tech companies). C'mon, you have the $.

Paycom2019-11-12

"Good, fast growing company"

I have been working at Paycom

Pros

Fast paced development environment Small teams

Cons

Fixed job timing Old technologies No work from home

Advice to Management

Please consider flexible timing and work from home option As a technology company, we need to adopt and use cutting edge technologies. Most of the technologies we use today are old, inefficient, and unscalable

Paycom2019-10-14