Paycom Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Paycom Interview Questions

Interviews at Paycom

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Miami, FL (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

The interview process was honestly a great experience. I had the privilege of being recruited by Sarah B. She found me via LinkedIn which speaks volumes to her work ethic. My accomplishments were barely on paper but she saw a diamond in the rough. I was able to identify & learn about a company I never knew about but quickly learned to love through Sarah and the entire team I interviewed with. Great team and company!

It was a very professional process. Meeting with all the key decision makers as well as team members who can contribute to your success at the company.

4 interviews that went fairly fast overall, but it felt right in the terms of making sure I was the right fit for their team.

Extremely thankful for the team for finding me and giving me the opportunity to join a well established team & company that thrives on a great product!

Great company, great team, great people. I personally couldn't move forward at this point in my career with all the assurances/limitations personally & regarding COVID. But I would highly the company and getting to know Sarah and the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your biggest/most memorable failure?   1 Answer

Jun. 4, 2020 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing! We're glad to have been able to provide you with such an enjoyable interview experience. We wish you great success in your future endeavors!

Graphic Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

I got the interview because I spoke with a recruiter at a job fair. I emailed the person in charge of internships and she responded quickly within a couple days, and we had a phone call about a week later. The very first question was "What do you know about the company?" and when I answered, she said that I was already put higher than a lot of applicants who didn't put do their research beforehand. After that it was standard behavioral questions and talking about my experience. The interviewer was overall polite and helpful. However, she talked kind of fast and monotonous, kind of like a call center representative. When I asked about her experience at Paycom, she talked like she memorized a paragraph. I felt pretty good coming out of the interview, but a couple days later they told me they chose to go with someone else for the position. Overall they were very communicative and it was a nice experience.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 28, 2020 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your interest in Paycom! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience! We wish you great success in all of your future endeavors!

Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

The initial round was a HR call to discuss about your qualifications and experience. The next round was a Hackerrank test on oops concepts, HTML, CSS, Javascript etc. The last one was a panel review with 2 people which concentrated mostly on basics of security and behavioral questions
    3rd round: panel interview

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

May 14, 2020 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your Paycom experience! We wish you great success in your future endeavors!

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom in May 2020.

Interview

I have been hit up by a Paycom recruiter for the past few months. After a large layoff at my company due to Covid I reached back out and expressed interest. We scheduled a meeting. The recruiter was condescending, belittling, and intimidating. I’m a businessman and am not easily phased by tough business questions or situations though. I handled myself well and with confidence, but it was not a pleasant experience.

The recruiter was very interested in my GPA from college 7 years ago. Very bizarre. She even asked how long ago I graduated. I have no idea how that is relevant, and if she was trying to gauge my age, that is illegal.

I was 100% honest with my sales performance at my previous company. On paper I have not always achieved my quota, but have always performed well, worked hard, and on occasion would outperform many of my colleagues. The recruiter responded that “we only hire the top reps. Period. Numbers numbers numbers.” Ok? Great. I still represented myself well and shared my successes and large deals closed at my previous company that required a lot of skill and persistence. Even after making sure I knew that I was not a likely candidate since I was not the #1 sales rep at my company, the recruiter surprisingly reached back out to me to set up an interview with a hiring manager. I accepted.

The interview with the hiring manager was even worse. He was a few minutes late. Which is not a big deal, but it just added to the strange-ness and unprofessionalism of how the interview was conducted. The recruiter told me it would be 45 minutes to an hour. The hiring manager said he had a hard stop in 30 minutes (after joining the video interview late). The recruiter told me that the hiring manager would want to know that I was the top performer at my company, which I was not. (Only 1 person is?) I was very honest with her about this, but still represented myself well, and discussed my achievements, despite being a newer rep, and being thrown into a stagnant territory that had been sitting empty for a few weeks.

The hiring manager said we only hire people who over-achieved on their quota, every quarter. He told me that trying to sell me to his "committee" would be a "hard no." He told me this right in the interview. There has got to be better screening up front, and the recruiters and hiring managers were not on the same page. The hiring manager even acknowledged this. Not a great look for Paycom.

Not a single question was asked about my strengths, past deals, objections I overcame, successes, or why I would be a good candidate. A few questions about my past experience, but every other minute he was alluding to the fact that I was not a top employee at my last job, and that my last company obviously didn't have their act together since he felt our quotas were "skewed." He seemed to break a lot of sales rules in how you conduct business conversations with other professionals. A complete waste of time for both of us.

The questions I was asked were very easy since they really had no depth to them. He asked why I was laid off and not others? I had a great, well-prepared answer that addressed this with confidence. After my response he asked how he was supposed to hire someone who was just laid off? I was recruited to apply, and shared all of this information with the recruiter.

He even said, "well since you live in [city], I'm sure you can land at a great start-up or something. THIS WAS SAID IN THE INTERVIEW. So strange, condescending, and surprising coming from a company that provides an HR platform. I had no time to ask him any questions at all.

There are a lot of companies out there that only hire the top applicants and 4.0 graduates. But they do so with dignity, and professionalism, and treat all applicants, even those they decline, with the same respect.

I was intrigued by their product, but have been less-than-impressed with how the company operates and selects candidates. Many of the reviews I have browsed seem to offer similar experiences to mine.

You can choose to write my review off as a disgruntled candidate who is bitter about not being offered a position, but I have had many interviews where I was not offered the position, but they did so with dignity. And offered a respectful rejection a few days later, not during the interview! Again, so strange and unprofessional.

I write this not seeking validation, but so that maybe they can improve their hiring and interview process. Maybe even provide training on being more professional, not asking illegal questions, and learning to ask questions that actually help you get to know the candidate and their strengths and weaknesses. Be as tough, selective and picky as you want, but in this interview, there was very little respect, dignity, or interest in getting to know me. Culture eats strategy for breakfast.

Interview Questions

• What was your GPA and how long ago did you graduate?   Answer Question
    • You were laid off. By what criteria were you selected to be laid off over your coworkers?   Answer Question
    • How am I supposed to recommend you to my committee when you have not been the top rep in your org, and were part of a large layoff? (Due to Covid)   Answer Question

Jun. 3, 2020 – Paycom Representative

We appreciate you taking the time to share about your experience, but sorry to learn it was not more positive. We would like to know more about your situation, as this is not up to our standards regarding candidate communication and we do not consider age or other protected categories in our employment decisions. Can you please reach out to us at feedback@paycomonline.com? A member of our team would like to follow up with you. We will also be sure to share your feedback with our leadership team. We appreciate your interest in a career at Paycom, and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

There are 2 interviews. The first is with 2 supervisors and the final is with a different supervisor and a manager. Both interviews are on campus and last about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Apr. 3, 2020 – Paycom Representative

Welcome to the Paycom team! We're so excited to have you, and we appreciate you sharing your interview experience!

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Little too no communication throughout process. Third time a recruiter has reached out to me third time I've followed up with an email and message on linked in and received no response at all. After getting a generic rejection email I reply asking for any feedback and 3/3 times hear nothing. Awful experience!

Interview Questions

Paycom Response

Mar. 18, 2020 – Paycom Representative

We're sorry to see this as your experience. We take pride in providing a superb candidate experience, and what you have described does not meet our expected standards. We would love the opportunity to learn more about your experience. Please reach out to us at feedback@paycomonline.com, and a member of our team will follow up with you regarding this experience. As always, thank you for your interest in Paycom!

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom (Portland, OR (US)).

Interview

When I read the reviews here, I didn't really believe it and wanted to see for myself. I had one phone screen. She asked my about my college experience when I graduated 9 years ago. Weird. She asked me to go through my entire resume and then said she thought a different role would be better for me and that she would connect me with another recruiter. I thought this was strange because she had already seen my resume and called me for the original position. I don't really see how walking someone through my resume could turn them off, but it did. This morning I received a linkedin message saying that I didn't get the Sacramento position and that they are going with other candidates. I don't even live in Sacramento! She interviewed me for Portland Oregon....... Yeah this place is beyond bizarre. It sounds like they pay well, but based on the reviews and my experience I wouldn't work here. Other places pay well and have their stuff together more.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Feb. 28, 2020 – Paycom Representative

We’re sorry to hear you were unhappy with your interview experience. As an organization, we are dedicated to ensuring we match each candidate to the position that will offer the best opportunity for success. We know our unique culture is not a fit for everyone, but we appreciate your interest in exploring a career with us. We wish you great success in all of your future endeavors.

TSR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was reached out to by a recruiter on linked in for a sales rep position. Had a short 15 minute call about my experience, was scheduled for an interview for the following week. During my interview they asked about sales experience. The manager at the end said that I would be a better fit for the that role they had open. I had a phone interview the next day for that role and then an in person interview the day after.
    It was your basic "tell me about a time" questions. Overall it was a good experience, even though I didn't not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• "If you could do anything, tell me what your dream job would be?"   Answer Question

Feb. 24, 2020 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your interest in Paycom! We appreciate you sharing your experience and wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Paycom.

Interview

Applied on the university career fair and they took a shot on my resume. A couple days later, I received the campus interview notification. It was 30 mins long, if you talked well, might a little bit long

Interview Questions

• Get the n-th Fibonacci number   1 Answer

Feb. 25, 2020 – Paycom Representative

Thank you for your interest in Paycom! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK (US)).

Interview

The final interview was very open. I was interviewed by two upper management employees. They were very open and it was a conversation type of interview. I was kindly greeted and offered water prior to the interview. Once the interview questioning was complete I was taken to an assessment room where I participated in an assessment test.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel taking on multiple projects daily and weekly and would you be able to manage it?   Answer Question

Feb. 10, 2020 – Paycom Representative

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.