Paycom Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 20, 2021

4.4
Paycom President Chad Richison
Chad Richison
1,343 Ratings
Pros
  • "Helpfulness of people; the blessings of a parking garage; great benefits -(in 114 reviews)

• "Team work, catered lunches, coworkers(in 87 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance is not the best(in 150 reviews)

• "Difficult to keep up with growth, so long hours are usually required(in 72 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "6 Years in and still loving it!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1. Life changing opportunity to be part of such an innovative company 2. Everyone at Paycom is bought into how we are helping our clients and how critical our work is. That's the type of company many of my friends wish they worked for and the type of software that I am happy to be selling, a product I believe in! 3. THE PEOPLE - Paycom attracts amazing people, the kind of people you meet up with outside of work because you want to (despite seeing them everyday during work), people of high caliber 4. Great upward mobility, based off of merit and not tenure 5. So much runway to go!! The growth is just getting started, we still have so much ahead as a company!

Cons

Work life balance USED to be a con listed at Paycom. Beginning with leadership and example from our CEO this has shifted over the last 2 years and isn't a con anymore

January 25, 2021Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing your experience with others! We're happy you’re enjoying the leadership and growth opportunities at Paycom! We appreciate your feedback in the advice to management section and even though we are a quickly growing company, we are dedicated to continuously improving the ways we support both our clients and our employees. We’re glad you’re a part of the team!

2. "An absolutely amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

- feel like your work is valued and appreciate by peers and upper level management - great compensation and benefits - ability to advance your career/navigate towards what your truly are interested in and passionate about, even though it may not be the position you originally started in. - management is great. boss is great at providing a safe, positive environment, making sure we get a great work/life balance, and pushes us to prove things to ourselves we didn't even know we were capable of!

Cons

-intense work with a high pace at times, but very rewarding

January 25, 2021Paycom Representative

Thank you for sharing! We’re happy to hear you’re enjoying the work culture, leadership and growth opportunities. We agree, as a part of a fast growing company, we do work hard, but with that hard work comes great rewards. Thank you for being a part of the team!

"Work Life Balance"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Detroit, MI
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Paycom full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, $1 Health Insurance

Cons

Very little work life balance, long hours, unrealistic expectations

January 26, 2021Paycom Representative

We wish you the best in your future endeavors. If you’d like to provide any additional feedback regarding your time at Paycom, please reach out to feedback@paycomonline.com.

"Good Benefits, Bad Work Life Balance"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, fun coworkers, culturally diverse

Cons

No work-life balance, unrealistic deadlines, no overtime compensation

January 15, 2021Paycom Representative

We’re glad you enjoy working with your peers and Paycom’s benefits. We’d like to learn more about your comments as it may violate our company’s policies. Any policy violations, including improper directives, must be reported and can be done anonymously. Rest assured, retaliation of any kind is not tolerated. Please reach out to your HR Business Partner, email HR leadership at hrmgmt@paycomonline.com, or call the company’s helpline so we can investigate the issue.

"Great start for software sales"

Former Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Midwest City, OK

I worked at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-great earning potential -unique value prop

Cons

-weak leadership -0 work life balance -sales does implementation with 0 training -impossible to continue to sell while implementing clients

January 25, 2021Paycom Representative

Our sales roles offer unparalleled opportunities and we’re sorry to see we weren’t a fit. We provide rigorous product and sales training well beyond onboarding. While our sales reps do stay connected during the implementation process, they are not responsible for it and work with a dedicated implementation team to lead our clients through every step of the process. We’re focused on the well-being and development of our employees, and encourage work-life balance, but that means different things for each individual. We hope you took the opportunity to voice your concerns through the established channels before your departure and we wish you the best.

6. COVID-19

"Challenging, Rewarding, but Ridiculous Metrics and Micromanaged"

4.0
    Current Employee - Client Relations Representative

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Compensation is the biggest pro. There is room to grow in the company and potential to make money through several avenues. Benefits are great, teammates are great. Work/life balance before COVID was fantastic.

Cons

Micromanaged work experience Poor work life balance Too much extra work outside of focusing on your actual job which is to sell Too much time spent on training each week (at least 5+ hours) which takes away from the actual job Internal processes can be a nightmare

January 25, 2021Paycom Representative

We're glad you recognize the many benefits Paycom has to offer! We take pride in ensuring our employees have a good work-life balance and gain value in their training. We encourage you to reach out to your leader or HR Business Partner to discuss any ideas for improvement.

7. "Good company"

Former Intern - Junior Executive in Miami, FL

I worked at Paycom for less than a year

Pros

Fair compensation at the expense of your work-life balance

Cons

Highest turnover I've ever seen

January 21, 2021Paycom Representative

Our internship program gives young sales professionals the opportunity to gain great job experience and learn at one of the fast-growing companies in the world. Many of our participants move on to full-time positions and eventually reach executive rep status. Work-life balance is vital and we encourage all members of our team to create the balance that best serves their unique needs. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

"Competitive Pay but Terrible Culture"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist

I worked at Paycom full-time

Pros

Competitive salary, decent benefits, and some coworkers are good people and will share the struggle along with you from management.

Cons

Culture needs a lot of work, and it starts from the directors. The directors constantly argue contradict each other over little things, and that trickles all the way down to the direct reports. Deadlines are unrealistic and everything, I mean everything, is a “hot job” from leadership. I’ve heard leadership say “impossible deadlines” multiple times with a smile on their face, knowing that the department would have to meet it anyway, no matter what. Do not work at Paycom unless you want to prioritize this company above everything else in your life. I’ve been asked to work on Saturday, and I’ve been asked to adhere to “midnight deadlines” with assignments that had been approved for me at 8PM on Friday. Work/life balance at Paycom means that your work is Paycom, and your life is Paycom as well.

December 31, 2020Paycom Representative

As a fast-growing company, we work hard but also understand the importance of a healthy work-life balance and all members of our team are urged to create the balance that best serves their unique needs. We have increased PTO over the years and actively encourage everyone to be intentional about using this time. We hope you discussed these sentiments with your HR Business Partner and leader before your departure. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

9. "Great Growth & Learning Opportunity"

4.0
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training & Development is second to none.

Cons

Work life balance is nonexistent.

December 22, 2020Paycom Representative

Thank you for the review. We’re thrilled to hear you have enjoyed our training programs and growth opportunities! At Paycom, ensuring our employees practice work-life balance is a priority, which is why we have increased PTO over the years and actively encourage everyone to be intentional about using this time. We hope you shared these sentiments before your departure and wish you the best!

10. "Incredible place to work!!"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Account Executive – Client Relations Representative in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing leadership and mentorship programs Incredible work environment and team Great benefits package Solid work/life balance Ability for career growth and promotion

Cons

No cons for the company

December 21, 2020Paycom Representative

We’re so happy to hear you’re enjoying the many great benefits and growth opportunities Paycom has to offer! Thank you for the 5-star review.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 182 English Reviews