Markitech Reviews

Former Employee

Making a difference in Digital Healthcare Industry

Apr 17, 2022 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Innovation using AI - Agility in delivering projects - Focus on seniors market and healthcare - Customer Service

Cons

- Need more processes as they grow

2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Very unprofessional Company

May 10, 2022 - Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Startup so a lot of things to learn

Cons

Really unprofessional company and attitude of CEO

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Was withheld pay for 7 months after I left

Mar 2, 2022 - Software Developer in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Trying to create productive solutions for seniors

Cons

I worked for this company for one year. I appreciate the work they are trying to do however I cannot support the disgusting and blatantly illegal business practices I saw here. When I quit the company for a new job, the CEO did not pay me for over 2 weeks worth of work and claimed that I never worked those weeks. After filing a claim with the Ontario Ministry of Labour, it was obvious that I had indeed worked that time (e-mails, text messages, etc.) and they ruled in my favour ordering payment from SenSights. Beyond my personal anecdote, the CEO would frequently threaten to and did withhold pay from employees if they were unable to deliver work within deadlines that he would arbitrarily set. Around the same time as me, another employee had to go on maternity leave as she was due in less than a month and had some health concerns. Again, he chose not to pay her for a month's worth of work because there was work not completed. Whether or not you are happy with the work done, you must pay your employees on time as that is the law. I'm happy I got out when I did and would warn others to not get involved.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Friendly work environment and lots of learning opportunities

Feb 1, 2022 - Software Developer in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very friendly work environment, Nauman is very accommodating and responsive. Nice exposure to multiple projects and technologies. Very flexible when it comes to project architecture and feature implementation if this is your style.

Cons

As a developer, communication with tech leads or other developers located in Pakistan is difficult and I feel very little support from them. As a developer for a project, I feel as I am also the tech lead and designer, periodically working in Figma. As my first job out of post-secondary, I am gaining great exposure to business processes, time management and how to solve problems by myself, but not software development best practices and industry standards as none have been set, none are enforced or ever discussed ("make it work" mentality).

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Place to work

Jan 13, 2022 - Marketing Specialist in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

hardworking and supportive team Professional Individual CEO (works 24/7) No pressure , No burden Peaceful work environment Equal opportunity employer

Cons

I didnt see any weak or wrong thing

6. 5.0

Fast-Paced Environment, Strong Team

Jan 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is open, helpful and understanding, feels more like a family Fast-paced environment with opportunities to learn and grow

Cons

Fast-paced, constantly changing environment (less to do with the workplace and mostly due to the nature of business)

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great learning opportunity

Jan 4, 2022 - Research and Market Analyst in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing team Innovative Culture Exciting Projects

Cons

not any by far - still exploring

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

A perfect technology partner for healthcare and telecom

Jan 2, 2022 - Chief Technology Officer (CTO) in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

experienced team, committed to deliver, detail oriented, AI & ML expertise, well aware of startup culture as company developed its own successful startups

Cons

should explore opening offices in other cities in Canada and US to increase the reach

9. 5.0

Great place to work

Jan 3, 2022 - Digital Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- encouragement to share your own ideas - freedom to express your opinion - everyone in the team is very respectful - flexibility

Cons

- as a marketing manager in a startup, you have to wear different strategic hats and educate yourself on things you might not know.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Agile and Innovative Software Development and Services firm

Nov 15, 2021 - Managing Partner
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good team culture Good Learning Opportunities

Cons

Working times to be aligned with offshore teams

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews