MD Financial Management Reviews

Daniel Labonte
  1. "Retired from MD."

Former Employee - V P

I worked at MD Financial Management full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people and culture are second to none. They care about their employees as individuals and support, train, develop and challenge them. Best place I worked at in my entire career and why I stayed there the longest of any job I had.

Cons

I can honestly say I had no issues my whole time I worked there. Being a bit smaller means not as many roles for people to advance through but they do develop from within as much as possible.

Continue reading
  2. "Good environment to work in MD"

Current Employee - Professor, MD in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at MD Financial Management full-time

Pros

Good environment to work in MD

Cons

There’s no downsides for Md

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at MD Financial Management full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great culture and work life balance

Cons

No cons to working at MD

4. "Great culture; poor resource management"

Current Employee - Client Service Specialist

I have been working at MD Financial Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone is friendly and willing to help

Cons

Technology is not very good. Management seems to be confused about their goals.

5. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Trade Representative in Ottawa, ON

I worked at MD Financial Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Some variety in the work (not only speaking to clients, but other tasks as well), - Good teamwork, colleagues often would help each other out, - Colleagues in other departments were friendly and willing to help, - Management treated you fairly, - Cafeteria in the building, subsidized lunches, free coffee, - Good benefits

Cons

- Some clients can be difficult to deal with, - Call-out campaigns, - Lots of turnover in Trade Centre (people moving to different departments, usually), - After the sale of the company to Scotiabank, difficult to predict changes that will take place in the future

Continue reading
  6. "Regional Administration Specialist"

1.0

I have been working at MD Financial Management full-time

Pros

Nothing... buyer beware keep looking , admin is not a valued person. Advisor first admin underneath and disposable, RM said to a group you (admin ) are here (lower arm) FC’s are here.. But we are trying to change that... well I call BS. From experience ...

Cons

Too many to list.... look elsewhere. Little fish-looking be a big fish... don’t have a clue!!! No management with any training or experience, come up through the ranks and get the job.,., Don t expect support or expertise... god forbid there is a conflict!!! Ostrich bury the head Bottom line easier to replace admin than an advisor

January 13, 2020Talent Strategy

We appreciate you taking time to provide us feedback, and we are sorry to hear your experience is not meeting your expectations. Engagement of our employees and their professional and personal development is instrumental in MD offering an unparalleled client experience. We encourage you to speak with your direct manager or your HR Generalist to discuss your concerns. You might also consider requesting an MD coach who can help you identify and implement tools and techniques to effectively manage your career.

7. "Great culture"

Former Employee - Trade Representative

I worked at MD Financial Management full-time

Pros

Takes great care of their employees. Excellent culture

Cons

Company will be changing shortly

September 24, 2019AVP Talent Acquisition

We appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts on the excellent culture MD strives to maintain for employees. While change is a constant in business and in life, MD works to provide employees with tools and resources to help them navigate and succeed.

8. "Amazing company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at MD Financial Management full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great work/life balance; Competitive salary; Excellent perks and benefits; Work-from-home options for many positions or other flexible work arrangements; good leadership

Cons

None I can think of

September 9, 2019AVP Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive outlook on working at MD. Company culture is an important pillar of the employee experience and we work consistently to nurture this at MD. Our focus on pro-active leadership development, overall employee benefits/perks and flexibility in the work environment are just some items that showcase the culture that we are so proud of.

9. "Going through change"

4.0
    Former Employee - Regional Manager in Vancouver, BC

I worked at MD Financial Management full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Employee and client focused. Caring organization.

Cons

A lot of change occurring, communication of vision lacking

September 11, 2019AVP Talent Acquisition

We appreciate the time you took to leave your insights to working at MD. As an organization focused on the overall success of Canadian physicians and their families, client focus is paramount. We are glad you have highlighted MD’s focus on the employee as well – we pride ourselves on the diverse array of employee focused offerings and culture that make MD a great place to work. Change can certainly be challenging and MD strives to ensure consideration and communication of any change and its impact is well thought out. Our continued focus is to ensure a positive client and employee experience in our rapidly evolving industry. We believe in a culture of open communication and encourage you to ask questions if you are unclear as to the vision of your team or the organization as a whole.

10. "Great place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at MD Financial Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/life balance is encouraged. Priorities are always changing.

Cons

With all of the changes there needs to be more transparency

Found 143 reviews