MD Financial Management Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 27, 2020

4.3
MD Financial Management President and CEO Daniel Labonte
Daniel Labonte
Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at MD Financial Management full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great culture and work life balance

Cons

No cons to working at MD

2. "Amazing company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at MD Financial Management full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great work/life balance; Competitive salary; Excellent perks and benefits; Work-from-home options for many positions or other flexible work arrangements; good leadership

Cons

None I can think of

September 9, 2019AVP Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive outlook on working at MD. Company culture is an important pillar of the employee experience and we work consistently to nurture this at MD. Our focus on pro-active leadership development, overall employee benefits/perks and flexibility in the work environment are just some items that showcase the culture that we are so proud of.

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at MD Financial Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/life balance is encouraged. Priorities are always changing.

Cons

With all of the changes there needs to be more transparency

4. "MD Financial Management"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager

I have been working at MD Financial Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong leadership, great work life balance

Cons

Limited growth opportunities, hard to move within

July 25, 2019AVP Talent Acquisition

At MD, we strongly believe in providing a culture that fosters work-life integration and strong leadership, and we are grateful that you were able to share this positive experience with us. We were sorry to hear that you feel that there aren’t many growth opportunities available to you. MD is certainly invested in the growth and development of all of our people, and we are eager to work with you to provide the guidance and support re: the next steps in your career. As a starting point, we encourage you to reach out to your leader or manager, who may have the appropriate insight for your particular career path. If you prefer, please do not hesitate to reach out to HR who can also help you get the conversation started.

5. "Marketing intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at MD Financial Management

Pros

Good environment, supportive colleagues and supervisor. The team cares about work-life balance. Generally enjoyed the position.

Cons

Not much to mention. Sometimes the deadlines can be a little bit push...but not that crazy.

"Current employee"

I have been working at MD Financial Management full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great culture and generally a sincere corporate attempt to strike appropriate work-life balance.

Cons

Limited growth avenues for financial professionals.

7. "Automation Developer"

1.0
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Ottawa, ON

I worked at MD Financial Management

Pros

Great work life balance, Except the person that I had a complaint ....everyone is cool to work with.

Cons

I had to work with one pathetic and short tempered person. He is the reason that I had to quit my job. My friend who joined the same team facing same problem with that person ( NICK) attitude. He is a permanent employee and management shows soft corner only on permanent employees. That person has shouted on me in a discouraging way and put me under depression. This worst company I have ever worked with.

October 5, 2018Leader, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your comments about your recent experiences working at MD. We take this type of feedback very seriously and we are sorry that your employment experience did not fully meet your expectations. We are committed to continuously improving, and your feedback is instrumental in our quest to improve both our client and employee satisfaction. At MD, we strongly believe in providing a culture that fosters work-life integration, employee engagement and open communication, and we are glad that you were able to share your experiences. We are sorry to hear of your frustrations regarding interpersonal relationships within the organization and your perspective on how management handled this conflict. We believe that had you reached out to an HR representative about this matter while you were still with MD, they would have been able to work with you and your team in coming to a resolution that all parties could be happy with. We continue to focus on ensuring a positive employee experience in our rapidly evolving industry, and once again, we thank you for your feedback.

8. "Nice place, struggling to be agile while dealing with third parties using waterfall methods"

Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at MD Financial Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice environment, good benefits, excellent people, option to work from home most of the time.

Cons

Too many changes in too many directions are affecting the work/life balance. Trying to be agile while dealing with third parties entrenched in waterfall methods causes delays and lots of extra work to implement temporary solutions in a hurry until the third party delivers. Salary below average.

9. "Great company to work"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at MD Financial Management for more than a year

Pros

Great Please to work, most flexible work place ever, agile working environment, MD built a great culture there. great work /life balance, many employee have the option to work from home.

Continue reading

"Culture of fear and entitlement (fear for workers entitlement for managers)"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

I worked at MD Financial Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of free food, ok benefit program, some flexibility for some roles on work life balance

Cons

Food tied to working your lunch hours, fear of job loss used as motivator, clique mentality tolerated in management team, leaders encouraged to keep lists of fireable employees

Found 33 reviews