Lendesk Reviews

1. "Great place to work"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Lendesk full-time

Pros

Excellent people, interesting product space.

Cons

With so many things to do and so little time, priorities often shift quickly increasing burnout.

2. "Good people"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - CEO-Founder in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Lendesk full-time

Pros

I am biased as I still work here and love my job but to open a Glassdoor account it is asking me to make a review. So, here goes. Biggest pros to me are the people. It is a respectful work environment and people are very smart and talented.

Cons

Nothing to say negatively for now.

3. "A Wonderful Place to Work!"

Current Intern - Software Engineer Co-Op in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Lendesk for less than a year

Pros

As a co-op student, you never quite know what kind of projects you'll be given to fulfill your 4+ month obligation. However, I have never felt less like a co-op and more like a full time employee than while working at Lendesk. As a fast-growing "start-up" in the fintech world, each developer and engineer at Lendesk is an important piece (and that includes co-ops!) of the puzzle. I highly recommend this company to any co-op students questioning whether or not Lendesk is worth applying to. Additionally, the culture is amazing! Each day the people at Lendesk are warm and welcoming, and going into the office on dark and gloomy Vancouver days feels very comfortable. The people are endlessly helpful and the company itself provides a lot of opportunity to learn and grow as a developer/engineer. Finally, the management at Lendesk care about their employees and are reasonable with their deadlines and expectations. Being competitive in the fintech world requires a fast-paced environment but both the team leads and senior management ensure the company is happy and best equipped in order to produce effectively.

Cons

As a consequence to being in the fast-paced fintech world, sometimes best-practices must be set aside in order to meet deadlines. While it can be frustrating as a developer/engineer, the decisions are not made lightly and Lendesk has been great about addressing technical debt alongside feature production.

4. COVID-19

"Worth your time and effort"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Lendesk full-time for more than a year

Pros

I believe Lendesk makes a genuine effort to make its workers happy, whether that be through their generous education budget, biannual reviews, or one on one meetings with management. These are things you typically do not see in companies of this size. Work from home is obviously super important as of this writing and I am happy to report that Lendesk was pro-active about covid-19. Even before the outbreak work from home was supported and all employees had the option available. On the technology side there are lots of opportunities to specialize and create your own role within the Company.

Cons

Some people do not enjoy the process-heavy development cycle Lendesk adheres to but it is around for good reason. If you are expecting a startup environment that encourages anti-patterns in security / development processes this is not the job for you.

5. "Great people and supportive culture"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Lendesk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- A sense that you are building software that matters - Good benefits and vacation package - Talented people in every department/discipline - Strong work/life balance (overtime is mostly self imposed) - Opportunity to grow with the company Lendesk is a very process driven company which some people will either thrive with or might struggle under. As a developer, the process over head such as every PR needing at least 2 code reviews and every ticket having to go through some sort of QA cycle gives you a good amount of confidence that when you ship code you are shipping quality. When the company is operating at its best, I appreciate the amount of planning and thought that goes into a project before a developer ever lays their hands on code. To be successful within the company you need to be good at managing your workload to see tickets all the way through to deployment and be good at communicating with the different stakeholders at each stage in the process. The culture at Lendesk as a whole is quite professional with an emphasis on doing things right the first time. One of the repeated sayings from senior management is "slow is smooth and smooth is fast". There is a directive to try and always leave code in a better state than you found it. With that said, it is often up to the developers to advocate on spending time to retroactively address things. On a personal level, teams are left to develop their own sense of personality and to figure out what sort of cultural norms work for them. People often joke with and poke fun at each other in a healthy way and I have never witnessed a situation where someone was left feeling personally hurt by an interaction. I think as a whole, Lendesk has done a good job in hiring people who will socially work well together. You really don't see much "politicking" around the office.

Cons

- Could be more flexible with scheduled remote work (currently only supports one recurring day per week) - Could hire more junior-Intermediate developers. There seems to be a focus with only hiring Seniors - While developers are told to feel empowered to make time to address things like tech debt, there is still a bit of that over-looming pressure to move onto the next thing as business opportunities pile in

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Lendesk full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Well-organized company - Encourages collaboration and knowledge sharing - Salaries and benefits above the average

Cons

- Needs improvement in integrating onsite and remote staff

Continue reading
  7. "Culture could use work."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Lendesk full-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the better Vancouver employers. Central location in Yaletown.

Cons

Culture could be more organic.

Continue reading

"More akin to an enterprise company than a startup"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Lendesk full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Using fairly modern technology. - Very good business outlook. - Smart leaders, no big egos. - Good incentives to get employees to learn and build their skills.

Cons

- Company culture is very forced / inorganic. No one talks about personal lives. - Too much oversight / handholding; no trust in employees to take the lead on their own. This, plus compliance requirements, makes shipping things fast nearly impossible. - Poor work/life balance. No ability to work from home. Some expectations to be online / reachable at all times (evenings and weekends). Overall, Lendesk is probably a great fit if you are looking for a stable place to work, however it might feel a bit monotonous if you are used to a fast-paced startup environment.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.