Hilton Reviews | Glassdoor.ca

1,885 Ratings
  1. "Good"

Former Employee - Cook

I worked at Hilton part-time for more than a year

Pros

The working environment is very friendly.

Cons

The pay is decent to start with.

Hilton2019-08-11
  2. "Food Server"

Current Employee - Food Server

I have been working at Hilton part-time for more than a year

Pros

Can reward employees for having pleasent experiences with guest by giving gift cards

Cons

Keeps trying to save money and giving us less to work with to our detriment.

Hilton2019-09-19
  3. "Great environment for networking and meeting new talents."

Former Employee - Porter in Toronto, ON

I worked at Hilton part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great humor-filled staff in all departments. Food is great and decent in price.

Cons

The swimming pool wasn't heated. All else was great.

Advice to Management

Better perks for staff once in a while. Thanks.

Hilton2019-09-04
  4. "Training"

Former Employee - Management Trainee

I worked at Hilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Comprehensive, positive, trainer are very experienced

Cons

there is no cons for the training process

Hilton2019-08-05
  5. "Hilton Toronto is a Poisoned Environment"

Current Employee - Staff Member in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The International Corporation provides some travel discounts, and some basic industry related online training.

Cons

1. The human resource department encourages and supports employee mistreatment, and are involved in targeting and abusing their workforce. 2. Some of the managers and supervisors hired are under qualified and lack the knowledge to direct work in a safe and positive way. 3. Undue pressure to complete work in some departments has many staff members working for free on a daily bases after their shift is done in... order to complete the overweening amount of assigned work. Many of the workers often forgo their lunches and breaks to try and keep up. 4. A very large number of workers experience injury at this workplace due to the overwhelming pressure, and targeting that occurs if an employee does not complete task. 5. Management roam in and out of the cafeteria to monitor and provide visual pressure when workers try to take their breaks. 6. Employees who raise a matter with H.R. are harassed and scrutinized by H.R. and Management, and are marked for the duration of their employment. Those workers are also bypassed for any future opportunities, or any recognition for their performance.

Advice to Management

Currently Hilton corporate only gets its feed back from its work force via an annual survey, which is uncomfortable for a largely immigrant workforce who have little if any concept of workers rights and employer responsibility for maintaining a positive and encouraging work environment. This has created a huge divide between what type of employer Hilton International claims to be and the reality the workers at... Hilton live through daily. Nothing is more effective than “boots on the ground”, come down to talk directly to the staff one on one, go through the files and notes that management keeps out of the personal files. Don’t expect to be trusted over night, stick around so you can really see what’s happening, not just what management and HR want you to see. Hilton, be to the employee the company you publicly claim to be to your guests.

Hilton2019-09-04
  6. "awsome"

Current Employee - Room Attendant in Niagara, ON

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is very good for career growth

Cons

but there are limited job opportunities

Hilton2019-07-16

July 17, 2019Digital HR Analyst

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and this review. Your comments are appreciated and valued. Hilton works diligently to promote a positive work environment and a culture that embraces all of our values. We are glad this is the case for you!

7. "Receptionnist"

Current Employee - Receptionnist in Montreal, QC

I have been working at Hilton part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Guest service hability, interacting with differents kinds of people

Cons

handling pressure and resolve problem quickly

Hilton2019-07-10

July 11, 2019Digital HR Analyst

8. "Front Office Manager"

Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at Hilton full-time

Pros

Staff and clients are amazing

Cons

work load can be excessive

Hilton2019-06-21

June 25, 2019Digital HR Analyst

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide some feedback. We appreciate you exemplifying our values and sharing our vision of hospitality in everything you do. Keep up the great work!

9. "Treated Well and Great Coworkers"

Current Employee - Front Office in Markham, ON

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun coworkers at a large 500 room suite hotel. I had great experience learning to deal with corporate clients and on weekends with wedding and social clients. Free meal in the cafeteria for lunch. Great travel benefits through Hilton for full and part time staff. Free parking for staff too.

Cons

Large hotel so very busy and must be prepared to be busy. TTC route is north of Steels so considered 2 zones.

Advice to Management

Keep the family closeness. Even through a large hotel it feels like a small family, don't lose that.

Hilton2019-05-23

May 30, 2019Human Resources Manager

10. "Security guard"

I have been working at Hilton

Pros

This is Good one and best

Cons

There is no cons for this company

Hilton2019-04-25

May 30, 2019Human Resources Manager

Thank you for leaving a review!

Found 4294 reviews