Hilton Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ca

Hilton Interview Questions

Interviews at Hilton

1,061 Interview Reviews

Experience

Experience
65%
19%
16%

Getting an Interview

Getting an Interview
67%
10%
7%
6
6
2
2

Difficulty

2.6
Average

Difficulty

Hard
Average
Easy
  1. Helpful (2)  

    Procurement Coordinator Interview

    Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Easy Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Hilton (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in July 2015.

    Interview

    L'entretien n'était pas très compliqué, il n'y avait pas de pièges. Il fallait simplement parler de son parcours et mettre en avant en quoi cela va contribuer à l'entreprise en étant convaincant. La motivation du candidat est très importante.
    Suite à un entretien avec un RH et un opérationnel, j'ai eu la réponse très rapidement.

    Interview Questions

    Negotiation

    Ma tentative de négociation de salaire a été refusée. Ils ont par contre été ouverts à d'autres avantages comme des horaires flexibles.


  2.  

    Learning and Development Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chessy, Ile-de-France (France)
    No Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Chessy, Ile-de-France (France)) in June 2016.

    Interview

    5 phases : talent Manager, L&D Director France, University Director US, DRH Corporate, VP RH France. Nombreuses questions sur l'expérience professionnelle nécessitant des réponses détaillées sur succès, échecs, management. Chaque fois avec des personnes bienveillantes, positives. Accueil et ambiance détendue. Pas de pièges et beaucoup d'authenticité.

    Interview Questions

  3.  

    Finances Interview

    Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Easy Interview

    Application

    I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Barcelona (Spain)) in June 2017.

    Interview

    Entretien d'abord avec une responsable RH puis avec la directrice de Finances. Questions classiques sur la personnalité et sur mon attitude au travail, sur mon expérience professionnelle, sur mes attentes à travers ce stage, description du poste et du groupe Hilton

    Interview Questions

    • Deux de vos responsables vous sollicitent en même temps avec comme excuse une mission urgente qui ne peut pas attendre, comment vous organisez-vous, que faites-vous ?   Answer Question
    • Quelles sont vos qualités au travail, vos défauts?   Answer Question
    • Comment vous décrit-on au travail ?   Answer Question

  4.  

    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Easy Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton.

    Interview

    Questions classiques de fit (présentation, intérêt pour le poste et l'entreprise, qualités essentielles, etc) avec RH + responsable marketing.
    Tâche type à effectuer au sein du service marketing.
    Entretien final avec la responsable business development.

    Interview Questions

    • Quelles sont les qualités nécessaires pour le poste d'Assistant Sales & Marketing ?   Answer Question

  5. Helpful (26)  

    Contract Administrator Interview

    Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN (US)
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (Memphis, TN (US)) in March 2011.

    Interview

    Went through a temp agency for a temporary position, and was then hired on as a permanent employee. Temped for seven months and had to find a job elsewhere for them to take me serious and offer me a full time permanent job. The interview process was very standard and not difficult at all.

    Interview Questions

    • Why do you want to work here? What is your biggest accomplishment? What has been your biggest failure? Asked some canned questions about your personality to determine what type of personality you have, i.e. type A, B, etc.   20 Answers

    Negotiation

    No negotiating, take the offer or leave it.


  6.  

    Pastry Chef Interview

    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)
    Accepted Offer
    Positive Experience
    Easy Interview

    Application

    I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hilton (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2015.

    Interview

    I had a stage where i baked a few food items and show cased my plating skills. The pastry team was considerate but a little stand offish. Expected I guess as they did not know me. The dessert took four hours from start to finish. Did not seem to bother the Pastry chef in charge. (plate had a lot of applications). Over all the interview went well. Talked to the Executive Chef and was asked to come on board pending HR.

    Interview Questions

    • How long have you been baking? Where have you worked and in what capacity? Are you flexible to schedule changes? Can you work weekends and holidays? Can you multi-task?   Answer Question

    Negotiation

    They do not negotiate. They ask if the wage is ok.


  7. Helpful (1)  

    Pastry Cook Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL (US)
    No Offer
    Neutral Experience
    Difficult Interview

    Application

    The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hilton (Boca Raton, FL (US)) in October 2017.

    Interview

    All the people applying for non managements culinary positions have to answer a very complete test with about 50 questions. After that, the Chef proceeds with his interview which is even more difficult. They definitely know what are looking for. All the questions are about your knowledge about technical and practical procedures in the kitchen.

    Interview Questions

    • What’s the difference between an Italian and Swiss meringue?   1 Answer
    • What are the ingredients in the preparation of a eggless buttercream?   2 Answers
    • What’s the substitute for eggs?   Answer Question
    • What’s the range of temperatures for risk of food decomposition?   1 Answer

    Hilton Response

    Oct. 27, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

    Thank you for feedback on your interview process. It’s great to hear you had a positive experience, and how our team shared the light and warmth of hospitality with you. Be sure to join our Talent... More

  8. Helpful (7)  

    Associate Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)
    No Offer
    Positive Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hilton (McLean, VA (US)) in October 2011.

    Interview

    Had an interview with the hiring manager and then with another manager that works in the same department. Mostly behavioral questions, wanting to know about why I applied for the position and what I was looking for. Very few technical questions. Overall the experience was great. Hopefully I hear something positive as its a great company, learning opportunity and room for growth... Not to mention they are prepping for an IPO.

    Interview Questions

    • What qualities do you look for in your supervisor?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about yourself   1 Answer

  9. Helpful (2)  

    Associate Business Analyst Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)
    No Offer
    Negative Experience
    Easy Interview

    Application

    I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hilton (McLean, VA (US)) in December 2018.

    Interview

    I was contacted by a recruiter to apply for the position. By the time I was contacted, the job posting appeared to have been open for ~2 months (based on looking at the job description posted on the Hilton website).

    The recruiter asked very standard, easy questions -- including talking about past experience. Ultimately, I was not selected to proceed in the process.

    Interview Questions


  10.  

    Associate Business Analyst Interview

    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    No Offer
    Negative Experience
    Average Interview

    Application

    The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Hilton (New York, NY (US)).

    Interview

    After 3 rounds of interviews I was waiting for the next step from HR but I haven't received anything until one day the hiring manager called me asking me if I will attend to the final meeting onsite because everybody is waiting for me which I didn't know about it because HR never came back to me.

    I told them I am longer interested on this position.

    Interview Questions


Don't Miss Out On a Job You Love
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.